Author Topic: The Killers Roll Call  (Read 6069 times)

wml7

The Killers Roll Call
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:24:45 pm »
Ok who is in for the show tomorrow???????  I'm in.

Darth Ed

Re: The Killers Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:15:08 pm »
Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking buying this ticket. I haven't listened to The Killers in something like two years. Plus my seat is really far from the stage and it's at the Patriot Center which is on the opposite side of DC from where I'm at so it'll take forever to get there. I must have had a brain aneurysm or something. Maybe I'll just eat the cost of the ticket and stay home. Is the new album any good? Haven't had a chance to preview it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »
dude - shouldn't you have had this moment of clarity some time last week?  that would have given you time to sell your ticket(s) and zero out the financial loss.  unfortunately, loss of hipster cred cannot be reversed.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:23:17 am »
Im addicted to the first few songs on the album [Spaceman, I Can't Stay, Human] but the rest sort of loses me. It's hard to beat their first, I did just get the new album about 2 weeks ago though so I need a few more spins to see how I feel about it as a whole. And as for the show I'd probably go if I didn't have work and had floor seats. Saw them at Vfest a few years back and they were surprisingly good.
‼‼?‼‼

MonkeyPants

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:36:18 am »
Is the new album any good? Haven't had a chance to preview it.

It is actually (and surprisingly) good.  Even my most hardened of hipster friends who only listen to obscure noise rock really like it.  I wish I could go tonight.  You should just go!  Hopefully they will leave out Sam's Town entirely and just stick to the good stuff :)
PANTS

wml7

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:56:01 am »
M83 should be good too.  They were on Conan last night.

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:06 am »

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:35:17 am »
Personally, I heard it and thought it was terrible.

Hipsters who only listen to obscure noise rock probably aren't the most trustworthy when it comes to having a tasteful opinion.

Is the new album any good? Haven't had a chance to preview it.

It is actually (and surprisingly) good.  Even my most hardened of hipster friends who only listen to obscure noise rock really like it.  I wish I could go tonight.  You should just go!  Hopefully they will leave out Sam's Town entirely and just stick to the good stuff :)

Darth Ed

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 11:38:10 am »
Well, thanks to a little private encouragement from The Director (also MyraEllen and DFA1979 above here), I did end up going. Really, the ticket price was too expensive not to go.  I never got the chance to see The Killers back in the "Hot Fuss" days of 2004-2005, so that's why I leaped at this show when it was announced. In retrospect I'm not sure it was worth the $55 (with TM fees) and 2-hour commute (including the time it took to get out of the Patriot Center parking lot), but it was a good, fun show. Not mind-blowing or particularly impressive, but plenty fun, particularly the "Hot Fuss" songs. The GA floor was (literally) hopping much of the night. The light show was very nice, but the sound bordered on awful. It clipped a fair amount, and there was too much reverb, though I'm sure that's more the venue's fault. M83 was indeed excellent.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:40:34 am by Darth Ed »

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:42:42 am »
How were M83?

I bet the acoustics of that room turned their set into a jumbled mess.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:43:39 am »
the director called me bat shit crazy.  it made me smile . . . and it still does.

Darth Ed

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 02:47:39 pm »
How were M83?

I bet the acoustics of that room turned their set into a jumbled mess.

I really liked them. I only had a passing familiarity with them before, but I'm going to have to check out their albums now for sure. Any suggestions as to where in their ouevre to start?

azaghal1981

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 02:49:06 pm »
Before the Dawn Heals Us for sure.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 03:09:19 pm »
Before the Dawn Heals Us for sure.

Interesting. I like that album, but I think Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is a stone classic, and Saturdays=Youth has moved into the #2 spot.
oword

wml7

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 06:08:11 pm »
Yes, M83 was good.  I would like to see them again in a club setting.  The Killers were good too.  I hoarded videos too here are some.

M83
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdTsDIcprck&feature=channel_page

The Killers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlLu6UJkxwM&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqRboqvD5hE&feature=channel_page