Author Topic: tough economic times hit the music festival industry: Langerado  (Read 6727 times)

Re: tough economic times hit the music festival industry: Langerado
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:03 am »
Seems like a muscle daddy like yourself would prefer Miami.

Are you in reality a scrawny, fair haired, pale skinned dude?

I'd rather spend a month in New Jersey, Texas or Mogadishu than spend a week in Florida.

If Death Cab and Modest Mouse were supposed to be the draws for this festival, well no wonder it got shit-canned.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 11:19:42 am »
Fair enough. Since I married into Chicago people, we should take advantage of the free lodging and go to Lolla someday. Maybe after my daughter outgrows her damn midday naps.

Bumbershoot is much, much cheaper than Lolla and most other festivals, though some locals still complain about ticket prices.

if you can get on that wicked cheap sale they have its only $40 a ticket for all 3 days!   We have friends in Chicago (though the year we went we did not, so we did stay at a hotel) and chicago is driving distance (though maybe not with a baby).  I dont know abuot Bumbleshoot but Lolla has many kid activities that would bore you to death but entertain the kid.

I always wondered why bring kids to a rock festival if you are just going to hang out at the kids stage? Why not just go to Chuck-e cheese and save a few hundred bucks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 11:36:30 am »
I always wondered why bring kids to a rock festival if you are just going to hang out at the kids stage? Why not just go to Chuck-e cheese and save a few hundred bucks.

if both parents go to the festival, they can split the time spent at the kiddie stage so one can occasionally catch some of the other stages.  plus, at kidzapalloza, they had a few interesting acts that i wouldn't have minded catching.  jeff tweedy doing an acoustic set for kids?  might have been good!

i might already have posted this, but lolla'09 = 7-9 august.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:38:28 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 11:40:49 am »
Are those supercheap tickets you speak of for Bumbershoot, or for Lolla? I know B-shoot has those, but didn't know Lolla did.

Fair enough. Since I married into Chicago people, we should take advantage of the free lodging and go to Lolla someday. Maybe after my daughter outgrows her damn midday naps.

Bumbershoot is much, much cheaper than Lolla and most other festivals, though some locals still complain about ticket prices.

if you can get on that wicked cheap sale they have its only $40 a ticket for all 3 days!   We have friends in Chicago (though the year we went we did not, so we did stay at a hotel) and chicago is driving distance (though maybe not with a baby).  I dont know abuot Bumbleshoot but Lolla has many kid activities that would bore you to death but entertain the kid.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 11:45:43 am »
My daughter is a rocker already. She don't need no kiddie stage!

Actually, your idea is a good one.

We brought our one year old to a day of Bumber this year, and she did fine. She fell asleep for her nap during Neko Case, then fell asleep for good at night in her mom's arms during Nada Surf and M. Ward. You just have to pick the right artists that will make kids fall asleep.

Of course, she has now entered a stage where she seems at a more heightened awareness, and spontaneous sleep might not happen...

Sorry to make this about babies.

Sure, we could leave the kid with the grandparents, but we like taking her everywhere we can. Plus, how would she breastfeed?

if both parents go to the festival, they can split the time spent at the kiddie stage so one can occasionally catch some of the other stages.  plus, at kidzapalloza, they had a few interesting acts that i wouldn't have minded catching.  jeff tweedy doing an acoustic set for kids?  might have been good!

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 11:55:29 am »

awesome, i'll be away on the 1st-2nd and thought i would miss it.  I think we'll be attending again, esp if we can get those $45 tickets (and yes charlie, Lolla does/did have those)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 12:07:15 pm »
Are those supercheap tickets you speak of for Bumbershoot, or for Lolla? I know B-shoot has those, but didn't know Lolla did.

lolla has a VERY limited number of cheap presale tickets @ $60 each - i believe that less than 2000 were available last year.  they are known as "golden tickets".  they are very hard to come by: their exact time of onsale isn't announced, they sell out in a few minutes, the website often crashes as soon as they go on sale, etc.  i've been lucky and scored some for the last two years.  otherwise, last year they had early-bird tickets for $190.  i wonder if they'll drop ticket prices this year?  doesn't look like coachella did...
<sig>

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 12:42:50 pm »
Do they have single day Lolla tickets? And do they only go onsale after a certain time if the three day passes don't sell out?

lolla has a VERY limited number of cheap presale tickets @ $60 each - i believe that less than 2000 were available last year.  they are known as "golden tickets".  they are very hard to come by: their exact time of onsale isn't announced, they sell out in a few minutes, the website often crashes as soon as they go on sale, etc.  i've been lucky and scored some for the last two years.  otherwise, last year they had early-bird tickets for $190.  i wonder if they'll drop ticket prices this year?  doesn't look like coachella did...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
Do they have single day Lolla tickets? And do they only go onsale after a certain time if the three day passes don't sell out?

yes and yes... although i don't remember 3-day passes ever selling out before single-days going on sale.  single-days have sold out quickly (like last year's friday, b/c of radiohead) so if you do want a single-day, buy it as soon as they go on sale.  luckily the full line-up is public by then.

see you, celeste and the bundle in grant park this year?
<sig>

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 01:00:30 pm »
Not this year, but maybe 2010.

yes and yes... although i don't remember 3-day passes ever selling out before single-days going on sale.  single-days have sold out quickly (like last year's friday, b/c of radiohead) so if you do want a single-day, buy it as soon as they go on sale.  luckily the full line-up is public by then.

see you, celeste and the bundle in grant park this year?