Author Topic: one crappy celebrity thread  (Read 6700 times)

walkonby

one crappy celebrity thread
« on: February 12, 2009, 04:31:13 pm »
holy pain pill batman . . . a dead drug addict is causing such a stinky stir.  to my bat pole, robin.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/12/ledgerjokercampaign.screeningroom/index.html

walkonby

Re: one crappy celebrity thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:38:05 pm »
you cannot write a better script than this.  image award . . . bawahahahaha.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96A3DLG1&show_article=1

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:42:22 pm »
and finally, mr. phoenix last night on letterman.  first you go, wtf?  then you go, is he serious?  then, what is he on? followed by, is this an act, a schtick?  and, letterman was brilliant with some of those off the cuff comments (putdowns of mr. phoenix?)  and the gum.  and that beard.  why are beards so fashionable again?  and why are camera crews following him everywhere he goes?  and why is that last night's appearance the best work he has ever done?

eltee

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:48:57 pm »
You know you've been on the forum too long or spend too much time here - I was going to name the thread the same!

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:51:54 pm »
You know you've been on the forum too long or spend too much time here - I was going to name the thread the same!

it is a problem, i know.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 05:11:51 pm »
you know i do have to say one thing that has bugged me for a long time.  it is sort of celebrity based, since the show did launch the tv careers of bobby flay, and created an "america star" out of Masaharu Morimoto (notice i do capitalize the name of food gods).  i speak of iron chef.  not the bastard american version with alton barf brown and that horrible chairman.  i want to spit tomato sauce that mario is allowed to be there.  i must say though i still mentally jack off at the fact that the dc master Jose Andres beat bobby flay on it.  but what of the original?? the true iron chef show from japan, where battles were battles of honour and time honed tradition, not to mention that on any given show you would see a parade of students from the challenger's school, march in with beating drums and banners proclaiming early victory.  it was a visual treat everytime; like a japanese "braveheart!"  not like the girlified version that suffers the airwaves now.  and to make matters worse, the food network does not even show the old show anymore and it not available on any format.  not even fucking vhs.  thank you for listening to my tirade.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 06:44:06 pm »
and finally, mr. phoenix last night on letterman.  first you go, wtf?  then you go, is he serious?  then, what is he on? followed by, is this an act, a schtick?  and, letterman was brilliant with some of those off the cuff comments (putdowns of mr. phoenix?)  and the gum.  and that beard.  why are beards so fashionable again?  and why are camera crews following him everywhere he goes?  and why is that last night's appearance the best work he has ever done?
I saw the clip from E! news on Hulu, Pheonix is officially my hero. There is no way this is serious and the joke is clearly on us. Even if it is real, he's still tops on my heroes list.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:56 pm »
one last one before i go home for the night.  i don't get fall out boy.  or maybe it is just me.  how is it that patrick is considered the "lead singer" but pete is considered the "primary lyricist"?  does patrick hate pete?  what other band in the history of music, does the bassist control literally everything about the band.  you think of fall out boy, you think pete.  you see fall out boy in the magazines, pete and his trendy scarves are front and center while patrick is in the corner grinding his nails into his palms.  oh yeah, and pete's eyeliner.  nobody cares about patrick.  even pete's overdose threatened the very core of the band.  he's the bassist for fuck's sake.  metallica lost how many bassist in their career, and they are going strong.  people like flea, but he is not rhcp. 

help me obi one brian, you are my only hope.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:03 pm »
Honestly I dont get the Fall Out Boy either. They suck hard.
‼‼?‼‼

distance

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 08:06:29 pm »
you know i do have to say one thing that has bugged me for a long time.  it is sort of celebrity based, since the show did launch the tv careers of bobby flay, and created an "america star" out of Masaharu Morimoto (notice i do capitalize the name of food gods).  i speak of iron chef.  not the bastard american version with alton barf brown and that horrible chairman.  i want to spit tomato sauce that mario is allowed to be there.  i must say though i still mentally jack off at the fact that the dc master Jose Andres beat bobby flay on it.  but what of the original?? the true iron chef show from japan, where battles were battles of honour and time honed tradition, not to mention that on any given show you would see a parade of students from the challenger's school, march in with beating drums and banners proclaiming early victory.  it was a visual treat everytime; like a japanese "braveheart!"  not like the girlified version that suffers the airwaves now.  and to make matters worse, the food network does not even show the old show anymore and it not available on any format.  not even fucking vhs.  thank you for listening to my tirade.

alton brown's show 'good eats' is by far the best show on food network.  bobby flay had multiple shows before he was on iron chef, so i wouldn't even consider saying that it launched his tv career or anything.  i don't know anyone that actually likes or takes the american iron chef show seriously.  food network has entirely too many competition shows now.  it's gotten to be as bad as mtv as far as getting off track from what it used to do.

the japanese iron chef still airs 2-3 times per day on fine living network.

i don't know that the show was ever available on vhs before, but via some tape trading my girlfriend and i did about 10 years ago, we have a few episodes of iron chef (as well as some other random cooking shows) from the original japanese broadcasts (no dubbing, few subtitles to speak of -- and of course, the best part -- the  commercials still intact).  specifically i remember some ridiculous commrcial for like.. panasonic or something of that nature with nicholas cage creaming in it (and driving a ferrari) that was pretty comparable to the beer ad that conan was in for the superbowl this year.

edit: don't take my post to be any sort of defense of bobby flay.  i hate the jackass.  just stating the facts, though.

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:12:43 am »
one last one before i go home for the night.  i don't get fall out boy.  or maybe it is just me.  how is it that patrick is considered the "lead singer" but pete is considered the "primary lyricist"?  does patrick hate pete?  what other band in the history of music, does the bassist control literally everything about the band.  you think of fall out boy, you think pete.  you see fall out boy in the magazines, pete and his trendy scarves are front and center while patrick is in the corner grinding his nails into his palms.  oh yeah, and pete's eyeliner.  nobody cares about patrick.  even pete's overdose threatened the very core of the band.  he's the bassist for fuck's sake.  metallica lost how many bassist in their career, and they are going strong.  people like flea, but he is not rhcp. 

help me obi one brian, you are my only hope.

Primary reason is that Pete is an extrovert, has a high level of self confidence (or something), and is the leader of the band. The singer is kind of a chubby hobbit who seems happy to cede the spotlight.

So now I'm thinking like sixty of bands driven by their bass players who didn't sing (thus eliminating Primus and Motorhead). Once Richey Edwards split, Nicky Wire took over as lyricist and spokesman for the Manic Street Preachers. And... I think that's all I got.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:16:27 am »
Wait, holy shit, how could I forget! Steve Harris of Iron Maiden plays bass, writes the songs, leads the band and is as much of a frontman as Bruce.

I'm so awesome for thinking of this.

edit to add: Nikki Sixx of the Crue as well
oword

renton007

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 10:42:31 am »
Alton Brown reminds me of those kids in high school who were in Drama class. You know, the ones who are always hamming it up and trying too hard. They are like "oh look at me, I'm so artisitic and dramatic, at least that's what I want you to think." The skinny kid from the Mac ads is another example. Feasting on Asphalt was semi-watcable.

In other words, switch to HGTV. 

alton barf brown

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 11:44:11 am »
Wait, holy shit, how could I forget! Steve Harris of Iron Maiden plays bass, writes the songs, leads the band and is as much of a frontman as Bruce.

I'm so awesome for thinking of this.

edit to add: Nikki Sixx of the Crue as well
Add Gene Simmons of Kiss to this list.
Mike Watt / Firehose

walkonby

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 12:22:47 pm »
i bow politely to your iron chef knowledge, distance.  i never knew that flay was popular before his infamous two battles with Morimoto.  and i always bow to you relaxer; you teach so much.   :P