Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi is a grade A moron.  (Read 21216 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Nancy Pelosi is a grade A moron.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 05:59:06 pm »
 I still think Drudge is generally better than most other sources at getting the story first, and breaking news.
Drudge reminds me of that Eklund's hockey buzz guy or vice versa. Yeah, occasionally they "break" a story, but what about the other 900 times they publish garbage that turns up to be true? He is a consistant right-leaning meta-site for other people's reporting, though.

Sage 703

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 06:14:48 pm »
If you really believe Republicans ALL EVERY SINGLE ONE voted against this stimulus bill because they didn't have time to review it you are very naive. This bill has been under discussion for weeks. They voted against it because they think its the politically expedient thing to do. They wanted time to drag out the process and weaken the bill if not kill it.

When a party all votes against it its not uncommon to come up with some excuse about "the process". Its a typical "I lost! It was unfair!" baloney.

Lets face it this has been under discussion for a while and its time to get something passed. More dithering just makes Obama look weak and makes the american people have even less confidence in whats going on (and the bill).

But whatever.. another republican administration messed things up and now the big boys will come out and clean it up. In a year or two the economy will be heading up and republicans will look like idiots. I mean if the economy does not rebound we'll just a need a bigger stimulus. The recipe for a recession or a depression is not to cut government spending!

That isn't what I said, is it?  I said this gives them an easy excuse to vote against it, whereas with time to review it, they would face more pressure in constituencies that are more liberal.

And when you say "this has been under discussion for a while," what exactly are you referring to?  The exact bill - and the language therein - wasn't finalized until late yesterday.  While the concept has been discussed for awhile, the specifics of what they actually VOTED on, and what will actually be put into law, was not discussed until late last night, and voted upon today.

ADDITION: What makes Obama look weak is the lack of bipartisanship.  That's what he campaigned upon, and that's what people are expecting.  When the GOP can hammer him and the Democratic leadership on charges that the process was closed to Republicans and to the public, it is far more damaging than if things wait an extra weekend (when the markets are closed) and that charge becomes less credible.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:17:17 pm by callat703 »

walkonby

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 07:05:02 pm »
 I still think Drudge is generally better than most other sources at getting the story first, and breaking news.
Drudge reminds me of that Eklund's hockey buzz guy or vice versa. Yeah, occasionally they "break" a story, but what about the other 900 times they publish garbage that turns up to be true? He is a consistant right-leaning meta-site for other people's reporting, though.

what about this?  http://www.ez-websites.com/grudge/

walkonby

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 12:24:20 pm »
we should just go ahead and call this country iraq, then the gop wouldn't mind spending billions to save the infrastructure.  then the "mission accomplished" signs can come out.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 01:28:30 pm »
we should just go ahead and call this country iraq, then the gop wouldn't mind spending billions to save the infrastructure.  then the "mission accomplished" signs can come out.

potw!
T.Rex

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 10:06:48 am »
the Republicans ruined our country's economy.  They deserve no consideration.
_\|/_

manimtired

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 06:47:49 pm »
i believe the mortgage crisis started this ball rolling.....bwarny fwank anyone?  can you imagine if an influential republican had a gay lover that was an executive at fannie mae? LOLz to the max!

walkonby

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 07:47:59 pm »
i believe the mortgage crisis started this ball rolling.....bwarny fwank anyone?  can you imagine if an influential republican had a gay lover that was an executive at fannie mae? LOLz to the max!

i thought all republicans had gay lovers.  or atleast were on ashleymadison.com all the time.

and here i thought you were going to blame . . . . bill clinton for this.

TheREALHunter

Sage 703

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 01:18:29 pm »

bearman🐻

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 03:55:49 pm »
Cafferty...fucking dumbass. Do you really think Members of Congress are going to sit through and pore over every detail of a 1,000 page bill? It has NEVER worked that way people, sorry to tell you there's no Santa Claus either. Does Cafferty also think Members of Congress physically write the bills themselves too? No, but most of them will know what are the key things they're voting for. The bulk of the bill was done more than the 48 hours beforehand and drafts were circulated, but final negotiations took longer than thought (oh gee, when does THAT not happen?).

Though I don't agree with everything in the stimulus bill (who possibly could??), the message here was one of urgency. If something DOESN'T get done ASAP, everyone is going to think that Congress and Obama don't care. Ideally, the Republicans should be included in negotiations, and they have been for most of the process. But Big Baby Boehner is trying to make a point, and if you want to talk about pathetic and out of touch leadership, then you need look no further than him. His partisanship is a big reason why the Republicans keep losing seats.

If Congress passes some kind of legislation to address the job issue as soon as possible, they're going to be viewed as pushing something through too fast. Most people are expecting some kind of result soon, and this is Obama's way of trying to do something. Have there been mistakes made? Yes, of course. There's no way we'll all agree on what will go into a stimulus bill, and I don't disagree entirely on some of the comments made about the Democratic leadership, but I'm happy to see at least some people care enough to try something. At least now we have an easier path for those with ideas to implement them in a timely fashion. And after 6 solid years of Republican leadership where they controlled the House, Senate and White House, it's time for the other guys to take a shot at it. Some people need to quit whining, give it a little more time, and then bitch all they want once they see certain results or the lack of them.

Relaxer

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 05:03:25 pm »
Obama just needs to stop this whole bipartisan thing. George W campaigned as a uniter, not a divider, and the one and only clever thing he did was drop the whole charade when he got to office.

The Republicans bleating about how they're not being involved in the process is so fucking stupid that I can't believe they can keep a straight face. I mean, Hastert & Delay constantly bent, changed or ignored the rules to prevent the Democrats from contributing to key legislation, so to see them now whining and moaning about is so mind boggling that I can only conclude that they realize their constituencies are made up of complete morons. Which they are.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 05:33:47 pm »
exhibit A: manimtired.  not lol.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 05:44:41 pm »
exhibit A: manimtired.  not lol.

exhibit b:

and c:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:53:30 pm by walkonby »

Venerable Bede

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 06:00:55 pm »
I just feel like i should chime in here...i agree with callat.  :)

btw. . .in response to your statement about what makes obama look weak. . .he looks weak by handing this porkulus mess to pelosi and harry reid.  i think that if obama was being honest about wanting a bi-partisan bill (beyond maine and arlen specter), and i think he was, he should have handled it himself and not hope and changed it away to pelosi, reid and the rest of the congressional democrats.

this is not a stimulus bill, this is a spending bill. . . .i mean when the CBO  says that it won't have much effect until 2011, and paul krugman is back-tracking from his own textbook to defend it as a "stimulus", i think the answer is evident about it's immediate effects.
OU812