Author Topic: The Night GG Allin Came to Town  (Read 25385 times)

walkonby

Re: The Night GG Allin Came to Town
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 11:13:15 pm »
not sure if this "rumour" is true, but "sickness" was not the cause, and it looks like patterson may or may not show for either night.  i even heard refunds might be given if people would like . . . but cannot say that is 100% true.  i know nothing of this band, but i am excited already.   ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:18 pm »
he is not at the show tonight sadly and it's my first DBT show...should be interesting though. bloodkin have been playing for an hour...
(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 11:22:49 pm »
he is not at the show tonight sadly and it's my first DBT show...should be interesting though. bloodkin have been playing for an hour...

how are the boys doing so far . . . and aren't you all hip and funk stylee posting at a show!   ;)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 11:27:32 pm »
I quite like bloodkin but not a lot of people dancing.  Man they played for a long time... I can't find Charlie...maybe he got his refund and then went home....
(_|_)

PigIron

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 12:12:25 am »
This blows.  Any info from this show regarding tomorrow's show is appreciated greatly.  I hope he's there and in great health.  I'd guess this would lead to quite a mixup of the typical DBT setlist as well.

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 02:41:55 am »
Much of the set was made up of requests. I ended up going with Joe after realizing that I'd be bored retarded by 9 if I didn't go.

It was also my first DBT show.
احمد

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 05:11:00 am »
yikes, was it worth it?  i'll probably go get a refund tomorrow if patterson isn't going...

you guys really need to see them at full-strength, one of the best live bands around
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 05:16:14 am »
http://ninebullets.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6230&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=160

"Cooley becomes the front man on the left side":

Daddy's Cup
3 Dimes Down
Panties in your purse
Women without Whiskey
I'm sorry Huston
Checkout time in Vegas
Gravity's Gone
Space City
Carl Perkins' Cadillac
Bob
Homefield Advantage
One of these days
Lisa's Birthday
Marry Me
Cottonseed
Purgatory Line
Ghost to Most
Life in the Factory (with guest)
encore
When the in hits the shell
Zip City
Shut up...
(o|o)

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 08:31:01 am »
I missed the website announcement so didn't learn of the situation until I got to the door. Since I had already invested time and money, I went in.

What a fucking trainwreck. I hated the opener, and left after 1 hour of DBT. The band really should have sent us back to Fredericksburg with our $25+.

Joe, couldn't find you. I was close to front, stage right. Sorry I didn't get to discuss Tom Petty with you, azag!

azaghal1981

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:28 am »
Joe went around looking for you a couple times.

That opener played for way too fucking long!
احمد

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 11:58:15 am »
Jason Isbell mentioned that Patterson has pneumonia at his show tonight in Raleigh and dedicated Patterson's "Assassin" to him.

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 12:07:17 pm »
They should just cancel tonight altogether rather than put themselves through that mess again.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:36 pm »
They should just cancel tonight altogether rather than put themselves through that mess again.

that is what i would think.  why would a band want to represent themselves in this fashion to people who love them, and to people like myself who are seeing them for the first time to see if they are worthy of new love?  feel bad for bloodkin.  i'm sure they felt the staring wrath of dbt fans the entire set.

i guess i must say nevermind.  just read another thread about the show from fans of dbt, and it was as if last night's show was the most epic awe inspiring performance they EVER put on EVER . . . as in "who needs patterson, they seem to be just fine without him."  and "why wasn't i there?  i missed the greatest thing EVER."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:43:15 pm by walkonby »

PigIron

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 01:23:00 pm »
Wow.  I'm now regretting not going to the Towson show last month.  I'm going tonight anyway.  I have a feeling that I won't share the enthusiasm of the folks over at NineBullets, and it looks like Cooley did about the best damn job he could, but its going to lack the awesomeness of your typical DBT show if Patterson isn't back.  I guess I can always get really, really drunk if things aren't up to par.  And from what I'm hearing about Bloodkin, maybe I can show up late?

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 04:37:11 pm »
From DBT's Facebook page.......

Patterson Hood is still ill with walking pneumonia and will not be able to perform again tonight. He?s getting lots of rest and eating chicken noodle soup and hopes to rejoin the rock show as soon as he?s feeling up to it. The show will go on, as it did last night. Cooley and the band rocked it last night and will do the same tonight. Patterson loves DC and hopes to make it up to everyone soon.

See Fan Update for refund details.