Author Topic: toad the wet sprocket tonight, rams head  (Read 4301 times)

diediemydarling

toad the wet sprocket tonight, rams head
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:18:45 pm »
roll call. me +2

redsock

Re: toad the wet sprocket tonight, rams head
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 02:29:47 pm »
I will be at the Birchmere show tomorrow night, thanks to the band, who were very nice to me considering the show sold out...

diediemydarling

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:56:46 pm »
me too. i am doing jimmy eat world tomorrow and tonight they were gracious enough to let me come to the sold out show at rams head. i fucked up though. i should have bought an extra ticket

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:58:57 pm »
i thought they broke up? or are they just doing it for the $$
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:16:30 pm »
Are you going to interview, redsock?

I have a long story regarding my attendance, but in the end, I'm going to Birchmere.
They broke up officially one time in the 90s. Back together after 2000, now they do a few shows each year. Not for the money really, I mean, it helps. But their fan base is always up for seeing them. Glen has the most going on -- tours solo and has multiple side projects (see www.glenphillips.com b/c some of you who aren't keen on Toad may like one of his projects.).
Anyway, I listened to them the other day and thought most probably didn't listen to more than their singles, and they really are more than that. So, people should revisit them!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 11:05:46 pm »
im seeing them on thurs night at webster hall. cant wait. i always run into someone i know from ucsb and some of the guys working with them, i knew from school. woohoo! i always feel like im back at college when i see them, minus the sunshine and the beach!
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:35 am »
i thought they broke up? or are they just doing it for the $$

bands? touring for the money??   inconceivable!!!!

i know i dont go to work for the money.

diediemydarling

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:55:57 am »
they rule. its that easy. show was great last night.

eltee

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 10:06:24 am »
Great show at Birchmere as well. A little rusty on lyrics on a few songs and drums way too loud and heavy. Other than that they played a great set list for two hours.  I just want to know how everyone gets off work so early - there wasn't a seat to be had at 6:30p. And Birchmere is still is annoying - or at least the staff appeared to be annoyed. I appreciate a seat during the show, but I think 930 or RHL would be a better spot for them. (sound-wise too)
(Joe - also, they played at RHL a few years ago, but this is their first time back to venues, which is why these shows are noticed and more popular.)

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:44 am »
I leave work at 3:30pm almost every day...having put in eight hours.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:00 am »

who gives a shit, charlie?

eltee

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:21 am »
So assumption is most in DC area work until 3:30 / 4:30?... I'm not challenging, I am aware that traffic is heavier after 3:30 but some have to take off early. Either way, I was surprised b/c I thought I arrived at a decent time, and really, my friend and I took the last two seats.
I guess I'm just jealous b/c it's not a convenient venue for me. Having to leave so early in traffic for a seat and sit before a show is a pain.  At least those who take off, are stimulating the economy. ;)

Separately, Birchmere has improved their sight lines and provided a few more seats. I can't decide if I would prefer the pre-selection of seats like at RHT though...Also, they need to have an open phone line for office hours. In the past year they have gone to vmail only. I compare 930 and Seth to other venues too much.;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:28:20 am by Princess Tee »

redsock

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 11:35:35 am »
We got there at 6:30 and easily found a seat facing the stage though on the side, but it was a little crowded. There were actually two seats left open at my table for the show. I think many folks who attend Birchmere shows live in VA, so that makes it a little easier for them to get there earlier.

They were a bit mellower than i'd have liked, but otherwise played a great show. All the hits and familiar album tracks, as you'd expect.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:50:50 am »
Maybe the person who was wondering how everyone gets off work so early.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:17 pm »
Maybe the person who was wondering how everyone gets off work so early.

rhetorical

Main Entry: rhe·tor·i·cal 
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈtȯr-i-kəl, -ˈtär-\
Variant(s): also rhe·tor·ic  \ri-ˈtȯr-ik, -ˈtär-\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a: of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric b: employed for rhetorical effect ; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>
2 a: given to rhetoric : grandiloquent b: verbal

(and even if she was actually wanting to know how people got off work early, surely she was concerned only with those attending the Toad show)