Author Topic: Is the 2nd Mos Def show over yet?  (Read 3000 times)

azaghal1981

Is the 2nd Mos Def show over yet?
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:35:25 am »
Just curious. ;)
احمد

Vas Deferens

Re: Is the 2nd Mos Def show over yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:24:17 am »
haha, when did you leave the show?
(_|_)

MonkeyPants

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:11:24 pm »
I don't know what they were thinking when they booked him for early AND late shows.  that guy can't even show up on time for a regular show.

Oh wait.  I do know what they were thinking...$$$ ;)
PANTS

x10dump

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:04:39 pm »
I'm surprised the second show actually took place at all.  When did it begin?  I left the first show at 10:30 when it was just starting to wrap up.  Just for posterity, these were the scheduled set times for the first show:

6:30pm Doors
6:40pm Hezekiah (actual: 7:30pm)
7pm Mos Def (actual: 9:30pm)

I'm a patient concertgoer but the delay was a huge bummer, compounded by the lack of useful announcements (not to mention my buzz wore off...).  In particular, my companions were not amused by the fill-in MC who appeared to take empathy lessons from former Texas Sen. Phil Gramm.  9:30 has no control over flight delays (that we know of) but this has to be handled better by the club.  Make clear announcements and acknowledge a crappy situation so folks can decide whether to have more of their time wasted.  Why not let the opening act play longer when the headliner is 200 miles away?  You may not lose my future business, but it's hard for me to get others on board for a show after a disappointing experience like last night.

During the extended delay, we spent much of the time brainstorming more appropriate names for the main act as his eventual appearance seemed less and less certain:

Not Def
Mos Possibly
Les Likely
Mos Hopefully
Mos Late As Shit

Feel free to suggest any others we didn't think of.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:59:13 pm »
I've seen Mos quite a few times and he's good. I was surprised to see Hezekiah as the opener; which I thought was good for him because he's been putting in work for years. He should've did a few more tracks.....or somebody should've had a few people get from the crowd and freestyle over those beats since the guy hyping the show was doing it. LOL.

It sucked being in the crowd waiting for Mos to get up there. Once he got in, it was a pretty on point show. I felt sorry for those who were waiting in the cold for the 2nd show. It was bit too cold when I got out of there.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:48:48 pm »
Speaking of Mos Def, whatever happened to our blunt smoking Mos Def? I kind of miss him. He was always good for a laugh in that stoner kind of way.  ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 12:45:57 pm »
My friend and I knew we were in for a long night when we got there and Mos Def had no merch available. Figured he hadn't yet shown up and that it would be a hell of a wait but 2.5 hours has to be some kind of club record. Late doors couldn't have opened earlier than 11:30. I wonder if they scrapped Hezekiah for the second show? If they didn't and even if the late show ran on time, I can't see it having been over before 2.

And yeah, the show itself was actually solid although the thick air of tension in the crowd never completely discipated.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:49:19 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد