Author Topic: Daft Punk to Score Tron 2.0  (Read 14176 times)

walkonby

Re: Daft Punk to Score Tron 2.0
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 08:05:51 pm »
daft . . . junk.

walkonby

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 10:39:31 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 11:46:45 am »
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14938-tron-legacy-ost/

ouch . . . daft junk, indeed.

congrats on subscribing to pitchfork's opinions!

the review negates itself in the first paragraph: "This is not the new Daft Punk album. It's a score for a Disney franchise film... And while we knew this was going to be a score since it was first reported nearly two years ago, it's tough to shake the gloom of blown expectations... The French duo's current move is almost undeniably disappointing, but it's also not a surprise."

their current move IS TO WRITE A SOUNDTRACK.  the only expectations blown are those of reviewers who were hoping for a dance album- something DP never set out to make.  it's like saying the latest dylan album lacks a bangin' club hit or the new kanye album fails on the country charts.  evaluate something according to goals it never set out to meet, and of course you'll get disappointment - and a useless evaluation.

" Naturally, the music synchs a hell of a lot better when you're watching the stunning images it was made to accompany."  really?  ya think?

"Even so, it hems frustratingly close to the sweeping classical film music style..." - again, ai iz shokt.  a soundtrack that sounds like a soundtrack.

this album isn't the pinnacle of their career.  they were asked to do a soundtrack, and they made a good one (even PF agrees on this).  maybe they're victims of their own success: people now want to deny them the right to take a side-trip and do something non-dancey.  how enlightened.

on the upside maybe this horrible, disappointing album will make the bandwagoners jump ship.  makes sense, LCDSS is on the outs too.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:49:48 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 12:51:51 pm »
Scoring a movie is not making a new album.

Look at Idlewild. Boom.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »
did somebody delete my post?    >:(

it said:

i listened to kraftwerk for the first time last night and even though they are old . . . they still sounded cool and fresh.  how odd.  and i never agree with a review until i listen to music they are reviewing.  only posted the article because i found it to be an interesting "attack" on the band.

and new music is new music whether it's a soundtrack or not.  atleast i think it is.

nkotb

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 01:07:03 pm »
Man, sweetcell coming to Daft Punk's defense!  Whew, based on that post, you'd think Pitchfork gave his mom a 5.5  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 03:46:17 pm »
;D

POTW - funniest pitchfork joke evar (other than their reviews...)
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »
what can you say, sweetcell luvs mediocrity.
(_|_)

Mobius

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 05:22:21 pm »
Past Pitchfork ratings;

Human After All: 4.9

Discovery: 6.4

Vas Deferens

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »
..and  yet they shit their pants whenever there's daft punk related news.

Past Pitchfork ratings;

Human After All: 4.9

Discovery: 6.4
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 08:34:32 pm »
did somebody delete my post?    >:(

it said:

i listened to kraftwerk for the first time last night and even though they are old . . . they still sounded cool and fresh.  how odd.  and i never agree with a review until i listen to music they are reviewing.  only posted the article because i found it to be an interesting "attack" on the band.

and new music is new music whether it's a soundtrack or not.  atleast i think it is.

My post got deleted too.
oword

walkonby

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 02:55:26 pm »
just watched a bunch of trailers and stuff for the new film.  damn!  and here i hate "remakes/sequels" that should never be made.  the upcoming "prequel" film for the wizard of oz is a prime example.  i have yet to hear the soundtrack as a soundtrack, but the music i heard in the trailers was pretty awesome . . . but then again i love stuff like elfman's batman soundtracks.  i will buy it if the film is as awesome as it seems.

and is it daft punk, as in the sound of daffy in duck . . . or is it daft punk, as in "you're daft for not taking sweetcell's love of the band seriously"?

and i hope we are still friendly sweetcell.  you know the power of cats and bacon controls our minds like some online borg from the delta quadrant.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:15:22 pm by walkonby »

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:56 am »
If anyone is interested in hearing the remix we did for Daft Punk's track "Derezzed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4BonRONzTU
3MTA3