Author Topic: I blame Simon & Garfunkel...  (Read 3410 times)

Celeste

Re: I blame Simon & Garfunkel...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2004, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Oh it's not unusual to see me cry when Tom Jones is announced!!!!!!!!!!!
did you see him on that 20/20 special "Second Acts" last night? he is quite the charmer!

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2004, 01:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  Well I guess we all have our individual tastes.

There are plently of attractive 50 year old women in the world... so the "for her age" tagline seems sort of condescending to the 50 yr olds of the world...but to me, annie lennox is not one of them...

She looks like my deceased grandfather.

If he were still alive, I'd introduce the two of you...

Originally posted by Groundskeeper's Willy:
  Your right RJBalls-on-chin, especially since you know more about ugly dudes than me!       :eek:      

Bags, you are right the song sucked, but her voice was great.  And her eyes were mesmerizing; for a 50 year old woman she looks good to me. Her Medusa CD is one of my favorite shag CD's.  And yes Mankie, I also would do her - probably to the Medusa CD - how weird would that be?

[/b]
Your Grandaddy had a sex-change job then?....explains a lot about your confusion regarding your own sexuality. It's always the family's fault, any therapist will tell you that...

I still say she's a very attractive woman...and looks damn fine for her age. [/b]
[/b]
This post is an experiment to see how many Originally posted by's can be stacked up.

mankie

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2004, 01:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celestial Balls:

Oh it's not unusual to see me cry when Tom Jones is announced!!!!!!!!!!!
did you see him on that 20/20 special "Second Acts" last night? he is quite the charmer! [/b]
Yes I did, that's how I found out he was on tour...I immediately ran to the bedroom to see which pair of undies I could throw to him if he came to town..

G.Love

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 01:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Well I guess we all have our individual tastes.

There are plently of attractive 50 year old women in the world... so the "for her age" tagline seems sort of condescending to the 50 yr olds of the world...but to me, annie lennox is not one of them...

She looks like my deceased grandfather.

If he were still alive, I'd introduce the two of you...

Originally posted by Groundskeeper's Willy:
  Your right RJBalls-on-chin, especially since you know more about ugly dudes than me!        :eek:        

Bags, you are right the song sucked, but her voice was great.  And her eyes were mesmerizing; for a 50 year old woman she looks good to me. Her Medusa CD is one of my favorite shag CD's.  And yes Mankie, I also would do her - probably to the Medusa CD - how weird would that be?

[/b]
Your Grandaddy had a sex-change job then?....explains a lot about your confusion regarding your own sexuality. It's always the family's fault, any therapist will tell you that...

I still say she's a very attractive woman...and looks damn fine for her age. [/b]
[/b]
This post is an experiment to see how many Originally posted by's can be stacked up. [/b]
Good one Dupek:
 +4 OPB's

mankie

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2004, 01:29:00 pm »
I just checked tics for Tom.

Holy bloody mackerel!! Have they lost their freakin minds????

Seating - $159 - $300
 Lawn - $45

The lawn is shite at Wolftrap so it looks like Tom will have to perform without my undies on stage!

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »
Actually, I've always had good experiences on the lawn at Wolftrap. Get there early, get a good spot, eat your picnic, drink your bottle of wine...

grotty

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
  Actually, I've always had good experiences on the lawn at Wolftrap. Get there early, get a good spot, eat your picnic, drink your bottle of wine...
I agree - it's much better than the lawn at, say, Merriweather

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
i would only go to this show if i knew that at the end Annie Lennox beats the piss out of Sting.  :)

Celeste

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »

Originally posted by Celestial Balls:
  did you see him on that 20/20 special "Second Acts" last night? he is quite the charmer!
Yes I did, that's how I found out he was on tour...I immediately ran to the bedroom to see which pair of undies I could throw to him if he came to town.. [/b]
last night was a good night for TV...the story of Charlie's Angels was on, too...deliciously cheesy!

mankie

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by grotty:

I agree - it's much better than the lawn at, say, Merriweather [/b]
I saw "Lord of the River" there and had a miserable time on the lawn with people stepping on us all the time. They just sell too many tic's for the lawn, and Tom Jones will sell out also so I think I'll pass seeing as there's no way I'm shelling out big $$$ for seats.

MaLo

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2004, 02:34:00 pm »
  I just checked tics for Tom.

Seating - $159 - $300
 Lawn - $45

The lawn is shite at Wolftrap so it looks like Tom will have to perform without my undies on stage!
WTF??? too expensive! i'm not paying that much to sit outside with the cicadas bugging about...

MaLo

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by MaLo:

[qb] I just checked tics for Tom.

Seating - $159 - $300
 Lawn - $45
 [/b]
PS where did you get this info...tix don't go onsale for the trap until 4/3..unless you are an associate

mankie

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »

Seating - $159 - $300
 Lawn - $45
 [/b]
PS where did you get this info...tix don't go onsale for the trap until 4/3..unless you are an associate [/b]
http://tickets.stagefronttickets.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=278964

MaLo

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2004, 02:42:00 pm »

Seating - $159 - $300
 Lawn - $45
 [/b]
PS where did you get this info...tix don't go onsale for the trap until 4/3..unless you are an associate [/b]
http://tickets.stagefronttickets.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=278964 [/b]
thats a ticket broker...they usually include quite a mark up....i've rarely seen tix at wolftrap go over 80 bucks...

MAXX44

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »
here is the correct info...I donate, so I'm an "associate" I guess...Tom Jones-6/22-8pm..In-House-  $38...lawn-$22....feel better Mankie? Wolf Trap is SO reasonable..and a National Park...FREE parking, and no service charges if you buy at the box office...and you cab bring food and alcohol.....

THE best outdoor venue in the country....period