Author Topic: All Points West  (Read 6043 times)

azaghal1981

Re: All Points West
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 12:40:15 pm »
Thought I read somewhere that MBV have a clause in their contract saying that they reserve the right to play as loud as they want. Could be an urban legend for all I know, though. Regardless, seeing them in a festival setting just wouldn't be the same after seeing them in a proper venue. That said, I may go saturday if they aren't playing any clubs on the east coast around that time.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 01:16:10 pm »
i remember seeing something to that effect as well, which would come up against the realities of:

1-  sound level limits b/c of urban locations.  can you imagine MBV at full volume at VFest?  they'd blow away 4 blocks of houses!

2- the need to not drown out other stages.  can you imagine a band on another stage trying to play a ballad during the holocaust section?!? :D
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 03:29:26 pm »
This line up is looking good.  I have to pick one fest other than Bonnaroo for this summer.  Its between V Fest and APW this year.  APW is winning with just MBV on there...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 03:35:42 pm »
Its between V Fest and APW this year.  APW is winning with just MBV on there...

it's pretty easy to win when you're up against nothing.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 03:37:12 pm »

POTW!!!!!

killsaly

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 03:45:27 pm »

I was basing it off of more than line up.  Line up, location, being able to stay at my house afterwords, etc are all factors into which one to pick.  The V Fest line up will help me make my final decision.