Author Topic: Charlottesville DJ  (Read 6200 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Charlottesville DJ
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 06:55:26 pm »
Why not hire a live band? I don't mean a cheesy top 40 cover band, but rather a respectable artist? Plenty of acts take on extra private function gigs.

yeah, we thought about this a bit, but we both love music and i'd rather hear a mix of our favorite tracks than some indie band we convinced to trek out to charlottesville

thanks for the suggestions so far... we're also just thinking about paying someone from DC to come down and do the job... kosmo or brennser, you available in october ;)
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 07:35:43 pm »
Why not hire a live band? I don't mean a cheesy top 40 cover band, but rather a respectable artist? Plenty of acts take on extra private function gigs.

yeah, we thought about this a bit, but we both love music and i'd rather hear a mix of our favorite tracks than some indie band we convinced to trek out to charlottesville

thanks for the suggestions so far... we're also just thinking about paying someone from DC to come down and do the job... kosmo or brennser, you available in october ;)

i actually have a strict no weddings policy, primarily because i have no mobile DJ equipment...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 07:37:43 pm »
First off, don't get married.

Second off, this is a job for the Director.  He only gets paid in bride's maids.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »
First off, don't get married.

Second off, this is a job for the Director.  He only gets paid in bride's maids.

he's booked to spin at mine.  as per the terms of the contract, the female attendees have NOT been warned.

i actually have a strict no weddings policy, primarily because i have no mobile DJ equipment...

then get the party organizers (aka the bride & groom, or the wedding planner) to rent the equipment that you need.  that's what i'm doing.  finding a PA and some technics/cdjs/etc isn't that hard...
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 10:21:37 pm »
oh you people who are allowed to  marry.  ::)