Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 14092 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: American Idol
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 03:21:06 pm »
oohhh no. im kinda cringing thinking about how bad it can be - but the blind kid has got to go. im so tired of him and sadly danny who i used to really like. they pimped him out a bit too much along with lil rounds who i find forgettable. im hoping kris will make another round because for the past few weeks he was doing awesome!

btw - smackie - do you want DWTS? sadly im sucked into all this stuff and had to miss last night. i figured a date with a british guy would be so much better than all the above shows and that proved right - minus the hellish hangover i have :(
HeyLa

eros

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »
I agree that Adam is probably one of the most talented people that has ever been on the show.  The question is - will middle America continue to vote for him as more details of his personal life trickle out?
ʎɐʍou

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:14 pm »
btw - smackie - do you want DWTS? sadly im sucked into all this stuff and had to miss last night. i figured a date with a british guy would be so much better than all the above shows and that proved right - minus the hellish hangover i have :(

No, stars have no place in Smackie's reality dance shows.  That's why I watch "So You Think You Can Dance" starring the always lovely Cat Deely.  Far better dancing.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:47 pm »
The question is - will middle America continue to vote for him as more details of his personal life trickle out?

I hear Iowa is fine with it.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 03:49:07 pm »
california not so much
o/\o

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 05:08:21 pm »
so i just read about how most of our DVRs cut off Adams performance. i wish they could figure out the time constraints. guess ill be watching it on youtube.
HeyLa

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 05:41:09 pm »
so i just read about how most of our DVRs cut off Adams performance. i wish they could figure out the time constraints. guess ill be watching it on youtube.

That's done on purpose. The idea is to keep people tuned in for the next show/to not tune to a different network. The DVR fix is easy: just set the show to record for x minutes before and/or after the scheduled time.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 05:43:22 pm »

I have my DVR set to record most "live" shows for 5 minutes past the end time.  Sports get a half-hour to an hour at least.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 05:44:39 pm »
california not so much

Low blow, but well deserved.

The half that vote for American Idol are though.  As soon as they're voting age...
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50:55 pm »
ok so im watching this now and what the hell is going on tonight. kris well that was just not good, but lil cannot sing. she killed tina turners song and not in a good way. that was PAINFUL.

and yeah - i normally set my dvr for 5 mins after but im having some issues with too many shows to record at the same time.

thats what youtube is for :)
HeyLa

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 07:19:59 am »
Ruben Studdard beats Clay Aiken
David Cook beats David Archuletta
Kris Allen beats Adam Lambert

Is it becoming clear that America will always vote for the straight Southern guy over the gay guy? We may be ready for a Black president, but we're not ready for a Gay idol.

And dude, spell your freaking name with a "C". You only get to be Kris if your last name also starts with a "K" (Kristofferson, Kringle).

walkonby

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:41:15 am »
Ruben Studdard beats Clay Aiken
David Cook beats David Archuletta
Kris Allen beats Adam Lambert

Is it becoming clear that America will always vote for the straight Southern guy over the gay guy? We may be ready for a Black president, but we're not ready for a Gay idol.

And dude, spell your freaking name with a "C". You only get to be Kris if your last name also starts with a "K" (Kristofferson, Kringle).
that's because eminem taught the whole youth movement world that saying fag was a-ok.

eros

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 09:03:39 am »
Kris Allen will have a nice little career making music for people who don't like music.
ʎɐʍou

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:31 pm »
Adam has a long career ahead of him and I can't wait to buy his album. As for Kris Allen, he was right....Adam deserves this. But for goodness sakes, I hope someone talked to him. He needs to grow some self confidence. I got nothing against the kid, but he sounds just like Kenny Loggins to me - which is fine, but I just am sick of Kenny Loggins.

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:03 pm »

I said something very similar last night.
27>34