Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 213418 times)

hutch

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2009, 06:51:33 pm »
Blah, all the caps did was hold home ice and they barely did that.  Won each game by one goal.  Sooner or later someone will clock Ovechkin and knock a little class into him and when it happens all the DC fans will be whining and moaning while the rest of the NHL will be laughing their collective asses off.  Dude has skills, no one can deny that, but he couldn't spell class if you spotted him the first five letters.

WTF JERKY THIS IS DC DUDE so you can stuff your comment up your buttcrack nice and slow.

GO CAPS!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »
I'm not a Caps fan, but this continual grudge against OV is pretty curmudgeonly and Don Cherry-esque... and that's never how someone should want to come off.

shemptiness

« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2009, 07:09:02 pm »
Blah, all the caps did was hold home ice and they barely did that.  Won each game by one goal.  Sooner or later someone will clock Ovechkin and knock a little class into him and when it happens all the DC fans will be whining and moaning while the rest of the NHL will be laughing their collective asses off.  Dude has skills, no one can deny that, but he couldn't spell class if you spotted him the first five letters.

He gets overly excited when he scores a goal.  Is that the problem?

Is it classy to cross-check a goalie in the throat?   

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2009, 08:52:28 pm »
I'm not a Caps fan, but this continual grudge against OV is pretty curmudgeonly and Don Cherry-esque... and that's never how someone should want to come off.

hockey- and Julian's America-related POTW
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2009, 09:08:18 pm »

1) No that's not it. 

2) It isn't, but whether it is or not is 100% irrelevant to the fact that Alex has no class and no respect for the game.

Like I said, sooner or later someone will line him up and clock him.  There is always someone bigger, faster, or stronger no mater who you are.
FUKIT

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:38 am »
Hey Sweets, if you wanted to call game 2 as robbed, check out game 3. Anaheim gets a powerplay for interference against a guy with the puck, then scores on it after Getzlaf runs our goalie. Then that same referee crew disallows a Detroit game-tying goal scored BEFORE a whistle because the out-of-position referee INTENDED to blow the whistle earlier.

I can accept that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, but it's probably better to be in a Bettman approved TV market.

Fuck this shit, should be Detroit up 3-0 right now. These refs do understand Crosby isn't on Anaheim, right?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:21:22 am by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2009, 08:48:21 am »
now i'm rooting for the ducks
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2009, 08:49:41 am »
now i'm rooting for the canucks

me too.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2009, 08:52:20 am »
in the west i usually default to canadian teams
o/\o

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2009, 10:00:12 am »

1) No that's not it. 

2) It isn't, but whether it is or not is 100% irrelevant to the fact that Alex has no class and no respect for the game.

Like I said, sooner or later someone will line him up and clock him.  There is always someone bigger, faster, or stronger no mater who you are.

So then exactly what is it about Alex that makes you say he has no class or respect for the game?  And of course he will get clocked you dope....everyone gets their clock cleaned in hockey eventually.

sonickteam2

« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2009, 10:27:45 am »
look at Chaz, the big hockey expert all of a sudden!

sonickteam2

« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2009, 10:28:19 am »
everyone gets their clock cleaned in hockey eventually.

not Chara.  :P

shemptiness

« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2009, 10:53:42 am »
I think if you don't play the game like a white Canadian from the 60s then you are showing no class.

Don Cherry-like position indeed.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2009, 10:54:42 am »
look at Chaz, the big hockey expert all of a sudden!
I don't claim to be any sort of big expert...just trying to get to the root of ratbastard's OV resentment.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2009, 11:00:45 am »
i dont like ovie because he plays for the caps

but not getting the ovie resentment when caps fans show so much venom towards sid is just silly
o/\o