Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212998 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2009, 12:21:04 pm »
dont you pens fans wish you were playing the Bruins now, instead of this Carolina snoozefest?

well, the rest of the world does (probably including Canes fans!)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2009, 12:25:31 pm »
its always compelling if your team is playing
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #482 on: May 26, 2009, 03:32:12 pm »
I don't know but i am officially a bad dad...my 5 year old son is still up with me ready to watch overtime. 

I can't tell you how many of my oldest memories are of me and my father watching sports way past my bed time.  Papa Stargell's World Series Grand Slam, the Miracle on Manchester,  Kings vs. Flyers, Miracle on Ice, the Angels first division crown, the list goes on and on.....

You're a good father....

I'm jumping on the bandwagon with my son Henry.  I'm with Detroit from here on out. 

...until this.  You have taught your child nothing about loyalty and being a true sports fan.  Try again.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #483 on: May 26, 2009, 05:29:08 pm »
Oh gimme a break.  Are you saying you don't pick a team to root for in the superbowl or world series once your team has been eliminated from contention? 

And why wouldn't I pull for the Bruins?  Pulling for the pens would be like me cheering on the Cowboys or Eagles after they'd knocked the skins out in the playoffs!

vansmack

« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2009, 05:36:33 pm »
Oh gimme a break.  Are you saying you don't pick a team to root for in the superbowl or world series once your team has been eliminated from contention? 

I pull for whichever team I have money riding on...and that usually changes with each game.  I never bet against my teams, and I rarely bet for them on individual games (though I will at the start of the season pick them to win it all).

I do on occasion root against teams that I hate (Dallas Cowboys, NY Yankees) or players I hate (Alex Ovechkin), but rarely do I root for a team that I do not give my full faith and devotion too.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2009, 05:45:32 pm »
i root against teams when my team is not playing pretty much all the time. i have a soft spot for the giants just because the beat the pats

the exception is soccer where i tend to root for whoever plays a style more pleasing to the eye
o/\o

chaz

« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2009, 05:47:12 pm »

I pull for whichever team I have money riding on...and that usually changes with each game.  I never bet against my teams, and I rarely bet for them on individual games (though I will at the start of the season pick them to win it all).

I do on occasion root against teams that I hate (Dallas Cowboys, NY Yankees) or players I hate (Alex Ovechkin), but rarely do I root for a team that I do not give my full faith and devotion too.
Well then aside from the gambling part our philosophies are not too different here.  Except in the rare case of a compelling underdog, I usually root for what ever team I deem to be less evil (for whatever reasons I may have).

And I too always root against the Cowboys and Yankess, as well as the Eagles.  Cowboys/Eagles games are days of great existential confusion for me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:50:35 pm by chaz »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #487 on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:57 am »
bring on the wings
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #488 on: May 27, 2009, 10:01:55 pm »
that last stop by huet, with ~20 secs to go in regulation, was certifiably ridiculous.

can't wait for OT.
<sig>

chaz

« Reply #489 on: May 27, 2009, 10:51:33 pm »
that last stop by huet, with ~20 secs to go in regulation, was certifiably ridiculous.

can't wait for OT.
You've got that right sprawled out on his belly a pad save like he had an overhead view....
Where was Huet all year?  He showed up tonight.  Too bad is wasn't enough.  Both goalies put on a clinic.

saintangelsin

« Reply #490 on: May 28, 2009, 02:16:47 pm »
I'm not predicting who is going to win the cup, but I'm thrilled that this year's match up is a rematch.

As a Pens fan, revenge would be awfully nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

vansmack

« Reply #491 on: May 28, 2009, 02:27:09 pm »
With all this excitement in the hometown, I hope you all aren't missing the de facto Stanley Cup Final happening out west....

I stand by my prediction that nobody will give the Red Wings a tougher time than the Ducks.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #492 on: May 28, 2009, 02:39:28 pm »
wheres julian with some hyperbolic certainty
o/\o

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #493 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »
No more Hawks :( What a way to go out, tho. It'll be nice to see Chelly and the cup together once again.
HeyLa

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #494 on: May 28, 2009, 04:13:06 pm »
wheres julian with some hyperbolic certainty
I said after the Anaheim series that it'd be Wings in 11. Guess that means Pittsburgh will last 6 games!

Pittsburgh fans have to be pretty discouraged since there team is basically Chicago with marginally better offense and marginally worse defense and the Hawks got creamed.