Author Topic: Neko Case show help  (Read 8751 times)

Firebutt McGee

Re: Neko Case show help
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 01:36:31 am »
Tonights show was great. Same main set as last night, but the encores were:

-Vengeance is Sleeping
-Favorite
-Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth
-Magpie to the Morning
-Knock Hard

I never got to hear that line about "the Sistine Chapel painted with a gaitlin gun" from Polar Nettles. Sucks.
Woof.

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:11 am »
Does anyone else think that Neko looks about 50? She is not aging well. Then again, neither am I.  And I bet Kelly Hogan would be alot more fun in bed. Just saying.

Will Sheff was ok, but needed his band. I don't think he would have won Relaxer's love with that appearance. Is he one of the unsexiest rockers out there? He's like Rhett Miller without the sex appeal.

In the words of Randy Jackson, I though Neko was just ok, dawg. I agree that she her career peaked around the time she did that show with Martha Wainwright. Now she's just a chartbuster on autopilot. No thanks to the douchebag who yelled "Don't Fear the Reaper", and pretty much set the tone for the lame annoying stage banter of the second half. Jon Rauhouse had the best line when he exclaimed that he was laughing at something "that was actually funny."

I got stuck with one of THOSE women behind me. When Will introduced himself with "I'm Will Sheff, I usually play in a band called Okkervil River", she asked her friend, "Are they from here?" Then he proceeded with a song that drops "shit" in the first verse...and she exclaimed something to the effect of "Oh my god, he said 'shit.'" As if that's something that never happens in a rock song.

azaghal1981

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 08:33:47 am »
Both nights were just ok, dog.

Crooked Fingers' set was exponentially better than Will Sheff's so night 1 wins over all.
Sheff's voice just rubs me the wrong way. The same can be said for ixkpd-bk who kept voicing his opinion of him to me in his own hilarious way as we stood in the front row. Plenty of stifling of laughter/shushing occured on my part. Tonight at the club, the laughter will not be stifled and the shushing will not take place. ;)
احمد

andyrichter

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 04:52:02 pm »
Loved last night's set.  Better than the 1st which was great in its own right.  Thrilled to see Magpie on there!  Not a fan of Will Sheff or Okervil River. 

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 06:05:43 pm »
Neko is eventually going to look like Kate from the B-52's.
Woof.

Samantha

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 06:24:31 pm »
This show was perrrrfect for my mood.  I am so grateful I got to go...

If I were in my normal state of mind I would agree with other reviews and probably think this show could have rocked harder.  But I was feeling awfully awful, so I was glad it didn't make me feel out of place (not that the show was awful, just that it was subdued enough that I didn't feel like I was missing out cause I was melancholy). and there are just some parts of a girls life that Neko KNOWS, you know ;)  so it was just PERFECT.  A+++  So so so grateful I got to go, it lifted my spirits exponentially.

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 08:08:09 pm »
I don't think the show could have rocked harder. That's like faulting Leonard Cohen for not rocking hard enough.

This show was perrrrfect for my mood.  I am so grateful I got to go...

If I were in my normal state of mind I would agree with other reviews and probably think this show could have rocked harder.  But I was feeling awfully awful, so I was glad it didn't make me feel out of place (not that the show was awful, just that it was subdued enough that I didn't feel like I was missing out cause I was melancholy). and there are just some parts of a girls life that Neko KNOWS, you know ;)  so it was just PERFECT.  A+++  So so so grateful I got to go, it lifted my spirits exponentially.