Author Topic: VOXTROT is coming...  (Read 4487 times)

phatsmack101

VOXTROT is coming...
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:46:00 pm »
Voxtrot will be playing at Georgetown University next saturday, April 8th. This band has been receiving a lot of hype, especially after their spectacular, indie-pop EP, Raised by Wolves. They just released a new EP, and it's getting a lot of great reviews. The show is only $8, and 2 shows already sold out at the Mercury Lounge in NYC for the following week.

Doors open at 7:30pm. It's only $8. For more information check out www.georgetownradio.com or the band's website , www.voxtrot.net.

See you guys there!

Reechard D Taylor

Re: VOXTROT is coming...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 11:02:00 pm »
Voxtrot is amazing! I picked up their Raised by Wolves EP and it's phenomenal. Definitely check out this show people!  :)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:55:00 pm »
we're going to have to get there at 2 fucking am to get tickets...

didn't someone say that this venue only holds, like, 100something?

Darth Ed

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 12:09:00 am »
Is there a map or address for this Riverside Lounge? Just in case I were inclined to attend.... And if it's Georgetown, then that means no convenient Metro access, so what's parking like?

phatsmack101

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 12:32:00 am »
Riverside Lounge is behind New South Hall. As the name implies, it overlooks the the Potomac, so it's on the South side of campus. You can walk up Prospect St., and follow the road into campus. They'll be plenty of signs pointing towards the right direction.

If you're worried about tickets, we'll be selling them in red square on campus from 10-5. Or if you know anyone who goes to school there, ask them to buy them for you.

As for parking, your best bet is to pay for parking in the parking structure by the canal road entrence. I have friends who buy the 2 hour pass that costs $2 and just park there all day-- they never really check the exact times.  You can access the canal road entrance by making a left after crossing the key bridge.

chokeychicken

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 01:54:00 am »
i will be at this.  i picked up their EP a few weeks ago and its AWESOME.

Chevy Chase

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 10:31:00 am »
Originally posted by phatsmack101:
  Riverside Lounge is behind New South Hall. As the name implies, it overlooks the the Potomac, so it's on the South side of campus. You can walk up Prospect St., and follow the road into campus. They'll be plenty of signs pointing towards the right direction.

If you're worried about tickets, we'll be selling them in red square on campus from 10-5. Or if you know anyone who goes to school there, ask them to buy them for you.

As for parking, your best bet is to pay for parking in the parking structure by the canal road entrence. I have friends who buy the 2 hour pass that costs $2 and just park there all day-- they never really check the exact times.  You can access the canal road entrance by making a left after crossing the key bridge.
Will tickets be sold in Red Square from 10-5 throughout the week?  Or just on the day of the show?  Or both?  Thanks.

phatsmack101

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »
We have 120 tickets available for the show. Half will be sold in Red Square and the other half will be sold at the door. At the most, only half of the tickets will be bought by actual students, so don't worry about it selling out. Just arrive by 7:30 to secure the tickets and you'll be fine.

Also, I forgot to say that you can also take the G2 bus to the university. It's the last stop and it drops you off in the front gates.

Chevy Chase

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by phatsmack101:
  We have 120 tickets available for the show. Half will be sold in Red Square and the other half will be sold at the door. At the most, only half of the tickets will be bought by actual students, so don't worry about it selling out. Just arrive by 7:30 to secure the tickets and you'll be fine.

Also, I forgot to say that you can also take the G2 bus to the university. It's the last stop and it drops you off in the front gates.
So...  Will the tickets be available during the day on Saturday?

phatsmack101

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 03:11:00 pm »
no, they wont be sold during the day on saturday, only at the door.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »
wait.  didn't you say that you were selling half of them in Red Square, though?  is that only AT 7:30?

phatsmack101

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 05:15:00 pm »
Red Square Ticket Sales: Monday - Friday 10-5pm
 April 8th (Day of Show): Tickets will be sold at the door. Doors open at 7:30

Whatever is left over from the Red Square ticket sales will be sold at the doors