Author Topic: Brandon Flowers...  (Read 10210 times)

Re: Brandon Flowers...
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 02:37:12 pm »
I have no idea what you're ranting on about, but you really shouldn't let it make you sick.

I agree with him, I'm not saying HE deserves the credit but he's fucking right. It's mostly attributed to people NOT needing the radio to get new music all the time, it seems like a shitload of people stopped listening to the radio at the begining of the decade. Which is why 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor' and a bunch of other shitty rock songs are still on rotation for 'modern rock' stations. Mastodon will never get played on the radio, maybe 10 or 15 years ago they would have but now bands don't need the radio to expand. Kings of Leon tried for 3 albums to re-create their success in the UK here in the US and it took 1 song on the radio to blow them up from 930 club shows to damn near selling out the Patriot Center. People who listen to the radio will listen to just about 80% of what's played on the radio and it's fucking sickening.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 05:06:31 pm »
Joe 6 pack has shit taste in music.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 06:40:23 pm »
justin timberlake falls with the 10 yr guideline
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 09:25:30 am »
 So a few friends were discussing this topic last night, of bands seemingly never being able to live up to the old bands before them. 

We thought this to be the same with electronic DJs and producers. And I think its just beacuse they were doing something someone had never done before.  DJs like Carl Cox, Saunderson and even Frankie Bones (to name a tiny few) made this stuff up almost out of nowhere. Sure, the foundation was laid but this music from them, was just as fresh as Zeppelin or the Beatles when they came out.  Sure, every dude with a laptop can be a DJ now and technology is much better, but the foundation for this sort of music has been laid and no DJ from now or ever will be able to top what the pioneers did.

anyway, thought i'd share.