Author Topic: Not only by height, but skin and gender order in shows  (Read 2124 times)

Not only by height, but skin and gender order in shows
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:21:43 pm »
I'm not feeling fragile about this and think #whothefuckcares that this is becoming a thing

but heard an interview with Black Belt Eagle Scout (whose stuff I'm really digging now) and just saw this post by Sasami

I'm sure the Faux and the other right media outlets are going to go batshit crazy over this in 3, 2...
might even get ratbastard out of retirement

SASAMI
28 mins ·

If you come to my show and I ask for people of color and women to the front, please just respect my request. Maybe don’t yell “fuck you” to the women on stage like some fragile fool did last night. I didn’t make up “girls to the front,” it’s not revolutionary. Women have been standing behind tall dudes for decades and I want my show to be a place where POCs and women feel safe, loved, appreciated and in rocking position. If this offends you, ask yourself why or maybe just don’t come. FYI it doesn’t always feel empowering to ask for space. It’s fucking scary and I would appreciate to not feel scared at my own shows. That being said, I’ve mostly been feeling lots of love and respect on the tour so far from all sorts of folks, so keep bringing that good energy and we will keep giving 1000% every night 🔥❤️ thank you!
slack

hutch

Re: Not only by height, but skin and gender order in shows
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 01:27:45 pm »
Let’s charge white dudes double

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:29:29 pm »
Let’s charge white dudes double
can we charge white dudes over 6 feet triple?
slack

Yada

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:22 pm »
I'm sure all 12 of her straight meat head fans will be very offended.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 02:04:18 pm »
SASAMI - I didn’t make up “girls to the front,”
She is right.... Kathleen hanna of bikini kill was doing this over two decades ago...but this is news to me

slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 02:32:51 pm »
during holy fuck . . . I was right on the rail.  these two, very beautiful women asked if I would mind if they got in front of me.  I said, sure, please.  I know I am tall and it's a pain, but you can most definitely have a great spot in front of me.  They were so happy.  I was happy. 

Gay guys, are nice to hot women . . . and they love it, because we don't want to fuck them.  Just judge their outfits.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:49:35 pm »
I get "girls to the front" as it seems egalitarian and, asa generality, sorts the room by height so everyone can see well. How POC got included in this, I do not know. POC are not, by definition, shorter. Are people going around harassing POC at mainstream concerts and they need to be front and center under the artists' watchful eye? This is not my experience but I cede to POC who may testify differently.

LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 02:59:03 pm »
I'm trying to make a Mystics joke here, but it's not quite working out. Can anybody help?

Yada

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 03:00:48 pm »
I get "girls to the front" as it seems egalitarian and, asa generality, sorts the room by height so everyone can see well. How POC got included in this, I do not know. POC are not, by definition, shorter. Are people going around harassing POC at mainstream concerts and they need to be front and center under the artists' watchful eye? This is not my experience but I cede to POC who may testify differently.

I think we need a very clear definition of POC before we can answer this question.

Most POC I see at shows around here look like they spent a long weekend at Rehoboth vs. being of a different ethnicity.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 01:42:31 pm »
 I see the business world is following suit...well... you can still be tall

Goldman to stop financing stock offerings for companies with only white male boardmembers http://hill.cm/9Hivf92
slack

hutch

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 02:17:06 pm »
It’s endless