Author Topic: The Primavera on WFMU thread  (Read 4331 times)

Re: The Primavera on WFMU thread
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 02:05:19 pm »
New York Times, or Wall Street Journal?

I bet this news made Matt Horseshit's day.

Nathan Williams continues to reveal himself for the worthless hack piece of shit toolbag that he is.

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 03:12:46 pm »
Wooden Shjips starting now.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »
last half of dead meadows was decent.  got to hear it in the car on my drive home.

ponytail were only a tad less annoying than the last time i heard them at the black cat, but they're still too much to endure. i gave them 25 minutes... had to turn the dial, i had run out fo hair to pull out.  it's as if they're attempting to play an elaborate joke on the indie crowd: how close to mentally deficient can we sound without people calling our bluff?  the guitar work definitely improved, but their "singer" still bugs like no one else i've come across.  it's not just the noises she makes - when she tried to give her voice a pitch, it's consistently flat.  she hurts my ears.  bitch.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 09:16:16 pm »
Totally agree re: Ponytail. I wonder if Joe caught them. He loves them. :)

Sunn 0))) are on next.

Somehow, I don't think that will translate well on the interwebs.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:23:22 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

BookerT

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »
here's FMU's page with 19 archived/streaming sets. free music archive also has some downloads available, just do a search for primavera. that free music archive site is pretty fantastic.

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:20 pm »
Good looks. Thanks.

There's a good amount of stuff in lossless formats on dimeadozen.org, too including some pro-shot dvd's (Vaselines and at least one other that I can't think of off the top of my head).
احمد

snailhook

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 01:03:18 am »
wavves is total bullshit. he really pulled the wool over many an eye.

azaghal, i opened for spectrum in april at kung fu necktie (with the curanderos: me with the gibbons bros and aaron igler from bardo pond). it was the best sonic boom set i've seen, because he had a tight band and they played "revolution" and "suicide", among a few other choice spacemen gems. sonic's a funny guy, we stayed up all night testing various pharmaceuticals and arguing about hawkwind and improv sets.

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 02:02:59 am »
Yeah, the Primavera set sounds incredibly tight and I'm pretty sure it included those covers. The new War Sucks EP is really nice, too.
احمد