Author Topic: Black Cat will switch to Ticket Alternative!  (Read 7415 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Black Cat will switch to Ticket Alternative!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 03:36:27 pm »
i have no problem with julian's question, other than the passive-aggressive nature of asking someone that couldn't possibly answer instead of directing it to the person that can.

thank you for reminding me about taxlo.  that situation changed, and i need to address it.

individual djs saying that they will be spinning somewhere is a different situation.  there are very few black and white rules in the world, and in this forum.  the grey area is left up to certain people to decide.  if you don't like the decisions made by the moderators feel free to voice your opinion respectfully. 

ta's website is pretty easy to find.  i don't think it is necessary to post it, or an advertising image.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:39:07 pm by thatguy »

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 03:42:17 pm »
I thought this part was useful:

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY SETH BACK IN 2002

you know, that [the lack of outlets] was in fact one of the downsides when we looked at this thing. the fact is, however, that we were selling a very small percentage of our tickets at outlets when we made the switch, and the other factors outweighed it.

and what were those other factors? well, you know the part here where everybody has pointed out that the fees are basically the same so why did we need to switch? that's just the point. if we didn't support an alternative ticket system the fees wouldn't be just the same. they'd keep rising with no opposition. that's what competition does. it's good.

I don't want to get into all the private details but trust me, we needed to do this in order to keep things sane. if we hadn't the service fees would have gone up.

I am very sorry if your particular situation with outlets was the casualty.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »
And this is the other thread I was looking for:

http://www.930.com/forum/index.php?topic=7086.15

I'll say it again

we are capitalists trying to make as much money as we can from all of this

that doesn't mean we don't care about our customers, it just means we try to maximize profits

as far as the consumer goes, it's classic supply & demand - if you feel the total price of a ticket is too much, you shouldn't go

if you want to worry about how that total ticket price was arrived at, that's up to you, but it won't change anything
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »
My personal and unofficial opinion is that since most of the DJs that regularly post event here also spin at the club, it's therefore an acceptable forum in which to do so. 
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
hey thatguy (off topic because this cat says so)

looking good in the new issue of the washingtonian.  way to represent the bouncer population that protects us all.

:D

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 02:58:08 am »
thank you. 

one thing, though.  i don't like the word bouncer being used to describe me or my job.  it's a personal thing, which you had no way of knowing.

the author, on the other hand, was informed of this repeatedly.  it's the only thing i don't like about the article.  otherwise, i'm happy.

again, thanks.  if anyone has an extra copy that they would otherwise dispose of, please bring it to the club.  can never have enough of those things.

Arthwys

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:15 am »
Hmm, Thatguy,

Just curious, if you had to give a title to your position, what would it be (since we now know the word "bouncer" is out)?  I'm sure you do more than just club security.  I also enjoyed seeing you in that article.  You're a credit to the club!
Emrys

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 03:32:02 am »
Hmm, Thatguy,

Just curious, if you had to give a title to your position, what would it be (since we now know the word "bouncer" is out)?  I'm sure you do more than just club security.  I also enjoyed seeing you in that article.  You're a credit to the club!

thank you for the kind words.

my personal title is "thatguy." 

some of the jobs that i hold at the club are: crew chief, door staff, manager, customer service representative, babysitter, policeman, medic, janitor, counselor, spiritual adviser, cupcake model, photographer, forum moderator, bad cop, good cop, hired muscle, brains of the operation, and on and on and on.

the list grows and changes daily.