Author Topic: Beastie Men roll call  (Read 5965 times)

sonickteam2

Beastie Men roll call
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:51:44 am »
  i figured we'd stop cloggin the JA thread and make it its own.

i was very excited about the JA/NIN show but i figured this was more of an "occasion" and i am a sucker for that sort of stuff.

what time are people thinking of getting there? I am aiming for 5:30 but feels thats gonna be prrrretty late.

bearman🐻

Re: Beastie Men roll call
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:04:07 am »
I won't be able to get there until late, but I'm in!

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:06:35 am »
i am working on finding out their "real" approximate starting time....i doubt it will be 8pm

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:08:36 am »
I'm just going to run home after work, change and head up there.   I don't see me getting there until 7:00 or so. 

Is there an opener?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 09:09:43 am »
i am working on finding out their "real" approximate starting time....i doubt it will be 8pm

I was thinking that, too.  Not with 7:00 doors and an all-will-call show.

eltee

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:43:44 am »
NIN/JA would have been cool but I agree friends+BB>NIN
5:30 is starting to sound way early! maybe you can spend your time breakdancing outside. ;)

The BBshow at 930 was a little chaotic but despite the late arrival of BB it ran pretty smoothly. Well, it was smooth once someone yelled at everyone and told them what to do...but I think it took less than an hour to check people in...

I hope the powers that be start the show at least before or at nine o'clock -- pretty please??
No offense, I'm hoping there is no opener.
I'm sporting a cold/sinus infection and with the long drive in the rain I just want to go back to bed. Thank you.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:56:35 am »
NIN/JA would have been cool but I agree friends+BB>NIN
5:30 is starting to sound way early! maybe you can spend your time breakdancing outside. ;)

those days are over for me, dear. maybe you should bring a folding chair so you dont have to stand in line for so long!!

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 10:12:43 am »
A bunch of 35 year old white people standing around (or worse, dancing) to 45 year old white Jewish guys rapping. Should be quite a scene. Maybe MC Serch will cameo?

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:15:59 am »
A bunch of 35 year old white people standing around (or worse, dancing) to 45 year old white Jewish guys rapping. Should be quite a scene. Maybe MC Serch will cameo?

35? whoa there buddy.

you're such a piece of shit, you know that. its like, just cause you're a dorky loser, you think everyone is as bad as you.

bearman🐻

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 10:24:05 am »
It's OK Sonick. Rhett has to resign himself to the fact that's he's married with a kid now and therefore "old" and can't get away with doing certain things because he doesn't have the freedom that some of us have. We can stay out late on a school night enjoying the music and antics (and sure, it's the music of our youth) instead of listening to a crying baby with a loaded diaper. But you know what? We all make choices, and I think it's amusing how some people are all sour grapes about it. If Rhett chooses to put negativity out there, that's his choice. I don't have time for it.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 10:40:09 am »
I'm just going to run home after work, change and head up there.   I don't see me getting there until 7:00 or so. 

Is there an opener?

OMG you guys dont know whos opening?

heather

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 10:43:37 am »
OMG you guys dont know whos opening?

??

leaving work early, hope to make it to baltimore by 6.

eltee

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 12:27:40 pm »
A bunch of 35 year old white people standing around (or worse, dancing) to 45 year old white Jewish guys rapping. Should be quite a scene.
Nah, it's gonna be fun, Rhett. I streamed their new stuff (they do have a new album coming out, yo) and I still like them. Besides, I already have my chair & umbrella for the wait and my walker for the show. ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 12:51:18 pm »
 ok, scoop is this....

doors are at 7pm. show will commence when "everyone is in the venue"  This should be anywhere between 8pm-9pm. (i hope!)

opener plays then Beastie Boys.  Show will last 2 1/2 hours from time opener goes on

so sounds like opener has 30 minutes, then 30 minute break then 90 minute set?

should be over by 11:30 at the latest though.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 12:54:36 pm »
So...who is this opener?