Author Topic: Peaches roll call  (Read 5554 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Peaches roll call
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 12:21:55 pm »
HA!! No, I was the one lone bear up front with my non-bear friends. I know one of those guys, the other two I met that night. I kept my shirt on. I was up against the barricade the whole show, sounds like you were right behind me.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 12:34:42 pm »
Were you one of the 3 or 4 shirtless bears up front?

I pretty much stuck around for Rock Show but she didn't play it :(

I was drained by the end of the 4th encore. I think his show was more high energy than her last one.

whirledpeas69

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 01:04:36 pm »

I was drained by the end of the 4th encore. I think his show was more high energy than her last one.

Apparently the bears had quite a presence at the show! One friend that I went with was waaaaaaasted during the show. Pretty much all she remembers is that Peaches had a magical blinking crotch and that there was a bear conga line going on. I love it.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 01:38:56 pm »
did she do "Shake Your Dix" ?
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 02:06:15 pm »
Yes...she did Shake Yer Dix.

Frankly, and I know I'm being a traitor to my kind here, as much as I enjoy socializing with my fellow bears, I'm also grossed out by how exclusionary a lot of them are. At Peaches I was hanging out with a couple other gay dudes who were very much NOT bears, and a couple of very cute gals. It was an excellent time. Frankly, I think you have to mix it up...what I don't appreciate about the Conga Bears, for example, is the cliquey bullshit...it's almost like if you don't have 30 (or 50) extra pounds and facial hair all of a sudden you're not worth hanging around. They'll talk to me, and  yet totally ignore my friends that I'm hanging out with. Sorry, I'll got off my soapbox...it's just funny though how the bear thing started off as a whole response to being an individual and embracing masculinity instead of being a hairdresser or florist, and it has turned into some weird clique. I never understood why people shy away from individuality and identity.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 04:17:05 pm »
there are some good photos on byt.
seriously i had a blast at this show.

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/live-dc/dakota-fine-live-dc-peaches-drums-of-death/
nothx

bearman🐻

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 04:48:46 pm »
Damn...I look kinda hot in that KMFDM shirt :)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 01:02:05 pm »

No sir, I was off to the right side of the stage. There were DEFinetly 2 bears grindin behind me though. Shirtless too. I got drunk though so it didn't bother me. A cross dresser kept making eyes at me. An interesting night at the club to say the least.
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 02:30:40 pm »
anyone going to the baltimore show?! 

hopefully less of the new album and more of the older stuff like Slippery Dick and Stuff Me Up.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:35:15 pm by Hello Sunshine M! »
(_|_)

Got Haggis?

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 11:42:15 pm »
thinking about going to the baltimore show, ponytail are opening up

threequartersleeve

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 11:05:51 am »
DEFINITELY worth hitting this show- Aside from Tax Lo throwing a fine shindig, Ponytail, if you haven't seen before, are amazing to see live. Plus I think Peaches has a new band behind her?

Staralfur25

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 01:57:25 pm »
just got tickets. very excited.   :D
going to listen to some ponytail songs.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 02:13:02 pm »
been a while since i heard ponytail - have they learned to play their instruments?  can the singer do anything else other than wail like a cat being tortured?
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 02:18:39 pm »
two of them wail now...the singer and the guitarist...they annoy me now. sounds like a really bad version of deerhoof.

been a while since i heard ponytail - have they learned to play their instruments?  can the singer do anything else other than wail like a cat being tortured?
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 12:44:20 pm »
I thought that DC show was better. Anyone here go to the show and see me flip out on the skanky chick who was gyrating next to me? After about 90 or so minutes of watching her out of her mind on E while straddling the barricade (and the security not doing shit), I just lost it. Needless to say, after that she respected my boundaries. Good performance, but DC was a better show.