Author Topic: Dead Weather tonight!  (Read 15817 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Dead Weather tonight!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 02:56:20 pm »
Yeah, the show was exactly the same with the order being the only slight difference.
احمد

MattWithABeard

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 03:53:28 pm »
The Screaming Females were awesome.  Seriously, one of the best openers I'd never heard of I've seen in a long time.  Both nights were great, great sets. 

...and their records were only $12.

MonkeyPants

PANTS

heather

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 12:33:43 pm »
LOVE it, and love those guys.

Darth Ed

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 02:30:15 pm »
I went the second night. This show rocked hard! I thought it was one of the best concerts I've seen this year, even if it was short, but I totally expected it to be short since they only have one album. I definitely feel I got my money's worth in any case, especially factoring in the better-than-usual opening band. (Screaming Females were fantastic. They won me over pretty quick.) I don't think $35 is all that much really. I got the poster for $30 too, and I consider that a bargain.

Relaxer

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 10:10:52 am »
Here's the NPR recording of the 7/14 show
http://hotfile.com/dl/8734959/4dbb265/DWeatherNPR.zip.html
oword

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 05:30:02 pm »
Ended up seeing Dead Weather last night at Terminal 5. The opener was so worth every bit of the money. The opener played close to an hour set and the lead singer sounded like Grace Slick at moments. Incredible vocals. They actually sounded better than Dead Weather. Minus the guys who wouldnt shut up and kept telling them to get off the stage.

Dead Weather played a really tight set. Allison sounded really good and when Jack & Allison sang together it was really great. Im not familiar enough with their album to know the setlist but probably similar to the others. It was under an hour set, but every bit worth $30. Interesting - scalpers couldnt sell the tickets for even $10. No one would pay for them and a lot of people were left hanging with unused tix.
HeyLa

Unsanity

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 05:54:41 pm »
Now I wish I would have gone to one of these shows. I've been watching TDW's Late Nite talk show appearances and love what I have seen. Its amazing they do a Pentagram cover! I think ol' Jack White is way better than Meg at the whole drums thing!

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 05:58:26 pm »
Ahh Grace Slick! That's who she sounds like.
احمد

MonkeyPants

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 03:41:32 pm »

Being that Jack White's involved, it's most likely a Rob Jones poster

you're correct.  and according to that forum, they are only offering rubber bands.

the show was entertaining, but i couldn't help but feel it was a contrived act.  we had a great vantage point though on the right side of the balcony.

oh hey wait, Spoon, a band with many albums and a Limited Edition Rob Jones poster for their mini-fest in Austin only charged $20 for said posters: http://spoon.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=691_21826&pc=OOAP55#

I just discovered that.  I'm not buyin this $30 for a Dead Weather poster business...I don't care what other people will pay for it.
PANTS

mekmad

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 05:08:05 pm »
I'd gladly pay $30 for that poster if anyone has an extra or has buyers regret.  PM me!! :)