Author Topic: MBV - roll call for Richmond show, Thurs. 7/30  (Read 57408 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: MBV - roll call for Richmond show, Thurs. 7/30
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2009, 05:31:15 pm »
...not exactly what I would call close in the sense of walking distance.  A lot of those 10 blocks are huge hills and not exactly great places to walk...
Well, with all due respect, dear friend, your particular medical issues might limit the area you wish to walk. I have walked many a time from Shockoe Bottom to The National with other people, and never thought twice about the distance.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2009, 05:40:15 pm »
Yeah different definitions of close! :)
FUKIT

betao

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2009, 05:44:53 pm »
And Julian, what are the price ranges of some of those restaurants? I know that Tobacco Company and Capital Ale aren't the cheapest, so which ones are?
Capital Ale House is definitely alot cheaper than Tobacco, Lemaire or TJs. You can get a burger and beer for, idk, $15 with tip.

LuLus, Comfort, or Bistro 27 are all going to run you 15-20 for entrees. Popkins Tavern is a gastropub and a definite good value. Really cool building and food whose quality far exceeds its pricetag.

So, in short, Gibson's, Popkins and Capital Ale would be your bottom tier price wise, Comfort, LuLu's, and Bistro 27 the middle tier, and Tobacco, Lemaire and TJ the upper tier. (Because it's been a while since I've busted out some tier rankings!)

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Also - for anyone venturing to Carytown - eat (even if only for desert) at galaxy diner. Nuff said.

imbecile

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2009, 05:57:59 pm »
but for my money I'd be heading to Sticky Rice for a delicious bucket of tots before the show.  I probably lost you with that one too.
Nah, we do the Rice every couple of weeks, and that sauce they put on the tater tots is like crack. It's not classy, and the sushi and sashimi is a bit lacking, but always a fun evening. Always.

I just go with their vegan and vegetarian rolls.  I enjoy them quite a bit, but it's kinda hard to screw up vegetarian sushi.  Agree on the tater tots, quite addicting, and it is always a good time.

Now I just wish the new-ish one up here on H. street was remotely comparable to the one back in Richmond.

Darth Ed

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 12:26:39 am »
Thanks everyone for the parking and restaurant suggestions in Richmond. Much appreciated. Keep 'em coming if you have more.

Epstein

• http://www.hit-dat.com
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 09:15:56 am »
dunno if this has been posted...

NEW (OLD) MY BLOODY VALENTINE SONGS (NOT FAKES, THE REAL DEAL) Kevin song http://www.mediafire.com/?zmygjz2d3lc
Bilinda Song http://www.mediafire.com/?wgwzaom5qmn
Cowboy Song http://www.mediafire.com/?j1mwoxyttnm
these are confirmed to be real and are/were slated for a rarities release sometime in the future
Kill the sound: <A HREF="Http://www.hit-dat.com" TARGET=_blank>http://Http://www.hit-dat.com[/url]

azaghal1981

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 10:07:48 am »
I think Cowboy Song has been talked about for a while but this is the first link I've seen to it. Thanks.
احمد

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2009, 01:34:53 pm »
Hey! The invites have been sent out, so check your PMs, people!!

nkotb

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2009, 02:11:50 pm »
Hey, I think something's wrong with my account...I don't have any PMs  ???

killsaly

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »
I saw this on another board in reference to the leaked tracks:

Feed The Collapse (from the MBV board) said:

"Yeah, okay so i admit I'm the one who made the tracks. As has been mentioned, the main song of Cowboy Song is Slim Whitman's "Indian Love Call", the looped feedback is Third Eye Foundation's "Sleep"."

azaghal1981

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2009, 04:38:51 pm »
I saw that, too.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 06:57:48 pm »

he probably sent them all to himself.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:02:13 pm by wml7 »

Captain Jack

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2009, 07:20:46 pm »
I live six blocks from the National. anyone trying to burn some doob?

In any case, here are my recommendations for food in Richmond . . .

821 Cafe (821 W. Cary St, good burgers, good vegetarian sammiches, charming, very much a relic of GRUNGE 90's)
Comfort (200 W. Broad, walking distance from the National, trendy "American Cuisine" but done proper, good vibes for yuppie fuckwads, PROLIFIC WHISKY COLLECTION, good mac'n'cheese, fish, noveau-meatloaf, et al)
Kuba Kuba (1601 Park Ave, dope Cuban restaurant, tight seating but chill vibes, good strong coffee, cuban sammich, awesome tostones, pasta dishes are pretty rad and huge enough for date sharing)
Alladins (801 W. Broad St, I used to live on top of this joint when I was 19, stoner/drunk fried food, excellent shwarma/gyro/baba ganoush/falafel. You can even get falafel on pizza, open crazy late, tapestries and hookahs to trip out on. kinda sketchy about some additional tax they charge, but good for blazed gyros and curly fries)
Perlys (111 E Grace St, for lunch, breakfast, closes at 3:00 PM, fucking great though, inexpensive short order diner, always playing good jazz, the friendliest cute southern waitresses, awesome sandwiches)
Little Mexico Burrito Chop (Broad and Laurel, next to Alladins, similar aesthetic to Chipotle, but more authentic flavors and cooks, local, free guacamole and chips, good vibes, real tender meat, better selection of vegetarian options for burrito (mushroom, spinach, peppers and onions, a couple more kinds of fresh salsas than Chipotle)

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2009, 07:35:44 pm »

I know what you said about me to Mr. Pretentious last year! Julian's America has a long memory!

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2009, 08:03:05 pm »
Comfort (200 W. Broad, walking distance from the National, trendy "American Cuisine" but done proper, good vibes for yuppie fuckwads, PROLIFIC WHISKY COLLECTION, good mac'n'cheese, fish, noveau-meatloaf, et al)
This is the only place you listed I like, but it's a definite winner. Excellent liquor selection all around.