Author Topic: MBV - roll call for Richmond show, Thurs. 7/30  (Read 57461 times)

azaghal1981

Re: MBV - roll call for Richmond show, Thurs. 7/30
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2009, 08:22:09 pm »
I've been to a decent amount of places that have hookahs and the gratuitous taxes seem to be a uniform thing with them. Wonder why that is.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2009, 10:18:14 pm »
Comfort ... trendy "American Cuisine" but done proper, good vibes for yuppie fuckwads, PROLIFIC WHISKY COLLECTION,

This is the only place you listed I like

any regular on this board could have guessed as much.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:42 pm »
I live six blocks from the National. anyone trying to burn some doob?

In any case, here are my recommendations for food in Richmond . . .

821 Cafe (821 W. Cary St, good burgers, good vegetarian sammiches, charming, very much a relic of GRUNGE 90's)
Comfort (200 W. Broad, walking distance from the National, trendy "American Cuisine" but done proper, good vibes for yuppie fuckwads, PROLIFIC WHISKY COLLECTION, good mac'n'cheese, fish, noveau-meatloaf, et al)
Kuba Kuba (1601 Park Ave, dope Cuban restaurant, tight seating but chill vibes, good strong coffee, cuban sammich, awesome tostones, pasta dishes are pretty rad and huge enough for date sharing)
Alladins (801 W. Broad St, I used to live on top of this joint when I was 19, stoner/drunk fried food, excellent shwarma/gyro/baba ganoush/falafel. You can even get falafel on pizza, open crazy late, tapestries and hookahs to trip out on. kinda sketchy about some additional tax they charge, but good for blazed gyros and curly fries)
Perlys (111 E Grace St, for lunch, breakfast, closes at 3:00 PM, fucking great though, inexpensive short order diner, always playing good jazz, the friendliest cute southern waitresses, awesome sandwiches)
Little Mexico Burrito Chop (Broad and Laurel, next to Alladins, similar aesthetic to Chipotle, but more authentic flavors and cooks, local, free guacamole and chips, good vibes, real tender meat, better selection of vegetarian options for burrito (mushroom, spinach, peppers and onions, a couple more kinds of fresh salsas than Chipotle)

Captain Jack

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2009, 11:54:05 am »
opening act - Dinosaur Jr

nkotb

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2009, 11:55:27 am »
For the MBV show?!?!?!?!

nkotb

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2009, 11:58:40 am »
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever met Mr. Pretentious, and if I had, I'd think the only person I'd complain about on this board would be Joe and him stalking me.

But I digress...my trip to Richmond will be in and out...no time for champagne coolies on my drive.  Plus, I'd be worrying too much about what to wear!

I know what you said about me to Mr. Pretentious last year! Julian's America has a long memory!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 12:00:31 pm »
I can't find this anywhere. Source?

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2009, 12:01:52 pm »
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever met Mr. Pretentious, and if I had, I'd think the only person I'd complain about on this board would be Joe and him stalking me.

But I digress...my trip to Richmond will be in and out...no time for champagne coolies on my drive.  Plus, I'd be worrying too much about what to wear!
It is possible that the fabled-long memory of Julian's America has swapped you with Joe Marshmellow in the recesses of its catacomb of knowledge!

nkotb

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2009, 12:02:32 pm »
Totally ouch  ;D

It is possible that the fabled-long memory of Julian's America has swapped you with Joe Marshmellow in the recesses of its catacomb of knowledge!

killsaly

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2009, 12:24:20 pm »
I can't find this anywhere. Source?
I hope this is correct.  They would definitely be a good opener. 

wml7

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »
Pretty sure it's not them since they just played there like a month or so ago.  I don't think there is an opening band.

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2009, 12:29:18 pm »
Pretty sure it's not them since they just played there like a month or so ago.  I don't think there is an opening band.
It does say "with a special guest," which is standard language on the venue's website for "opener TBA." I'm sure there'll be somebody, but Dino Jr would probably be hoping for too much.

Then again, on the National's facebook page someone asked why MBV was playing there instead of somewhere else and they said Dino Jr. told them it was the best venue in the country, so maybe??

wml7

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2009, 12:38:15 pm »
hmmm could be.  no other band listed on pollstar playing that night so who knows.

azaghal1981

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2009, 02:05:01 pm »
This would be incredible!

So how many other boardies does Joe regularly stalk? Nkotb makes two that I know of.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2009, 02:05:51 pm »
He told me I was the only one :(

So how many other boardies does Joe regularly stalk? Nkotb makes two that I know of.