Author Topic: Pernice Bros at Iota in Sept full Bros show?  (Read 2515 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Pernice Bros at Iota in Sept full Bros show?
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:50 am »
I know Joe Pernice was "playing" DC and reading from his book soon. Happened to stumble upon the Bros webpage and they mentioned "tour" and "Iota." Any else think this is a full Bros show?

Sunday, August 9, time TBA
Iota Club, Arlington, VA
Info: (703) 522-8340 (they don?t do advance tickets)

I guess they have a new cd, so new tour? HOLY SHIT! YESSSSSSSSSS!

TOUR

If you?re following our exploits on facebook (I think this social networking thing might just catch on, so I set up a Joe Pernice page) you know that Joe and I are fighting over what to call this tour.  I want to call it ?It Feels So Good When You Tour,? but that obstinate Italian is insisting on ?It Feels So Good When I Stop Touring.? Since I?m the one that sends information to the clubs and writes the day sheets, I?m guessing I?m going to win this one.  Anyway, Joe and Jose are going to pack up the rented Chevy Impala and hit the road soon. Joe is playing solo. Jose is working the merch table solo, except in places where nice bookstore people have agreed to come and sell books.

I can't fucking WAIT! I'd even see these guys at the fucking landfill known as the Velvet Lounge, and I'd walk back home afterward and call in sick to work the next day if necessary.

Vas Deferens

Re: Pernice Bros at Iota in Sept full Bros show?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:45:57 am »
Hmmm, it's pretty clear from that "quote" that it is a solo Joe Pernice show. The IOTA website also lists the show as "Joe Pernice".

And this is from myspace:

TOUR
As for this tour, please don?t hate me.  Hate geography, time, financial concerns, etc., but not me. Actually, I don?t care if you hate me. But the tour will visit only 11 cities in North America, and we are announcing just four actual dates today. I know that many of you will be unhappy about this, and you can unsubscribe if you want to, but I hope you won?t because I would miss you.* (Note my spam filter is set to automatically delete any email that contains the words ?I can?t believe you won?t play (any city other than the 11). You suck.?)* If you?re going to email me something to that effect, avoid those specific words.

Rather than do a reading-only tour for the book and a music-only tour for the album, Joe decided to mash the two together, and combine reading sections of the book with performing songs from the book/album.  He will perform solo. He will sign books. Tickets for the four shows listed go on sale Friday, June 12, except the Iota, which apparently doesn?t do advance tickets.

.....so there, it is a solo Joe Pernice show. Did you see the Pernice Brothers last time at the Black Cat? That was a great one...here's hoping they tour in the fall  :-*
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:47:43 am by Hello Sunshine Marshmallow! »
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 12:52:27 am »
here's more for you...

Joe Pernice will hit the road for about a dozen dates with a special show that combines music with prose, in support of the release of It Feels So Good When I Stop (Novel Soundtrack), which is a companion piece to his debut novel It Feels So Good When I Stop. The record (CD and digital download) will be released on August 4 on Pernice?s own Ashmont Records, and the book will be published August 6 by Riverhead Books, a division of Penguin.

According to Pernice, ?Though the book is not explicitly about music, there are quite a few cover and fictional songs mentioned, so I thought it would be a cool idea for me to record some of those songs and release them, as a soundtrack album to the novel.?

Rather than do a reading-only tour for the book and a music-only tour for the album, Pernice decided to mash the two together, and combine reading sections of the book with performing songs from the book/album. Said Pernice, ?To combine all those things into a single show could be kind of interesting and entertaining for the fans. Unless I completely suck, in which case it?s going to be EXTREMELY interesting for all parties.? Pernice will perform solo.
(_|_)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:02:24 am »
I lost count at how many confirmations there were that this is a solo show.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 11:42:30 am »
Damn.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:25:59 pm »
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 04:12:48 pm »
The Pernice Brothers are friggin great.  Does this mean I like adult album alternative?  I'm afraid.  Hold me.
(o|o)