Author Topic: Nissan Pavilion - thoughts?  (Read 26632 times)

helicon1

Re: Nissan Pavilion - thoughts?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2006, 01:00:00 pm »
How full was the crowd at Bruce? I did go to Depeche Mode last weekend. While the venue was only 1/2 full, I had NO problem getting in or out. It seems to me they've widened the road in front, have better traffic control and one-way out on the exit.... Also sound was good and staff was helpful. Maybe they are turning the tide.

... and upon entry, we had six people guide my car into the parking spot. I felt like I was parking a 737 at National Airport. Now that's customer service  ;)

nanj

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
This is my 6th summer at Nissan Pavilion and I will defend us to the death. While I understand all the complaints about the roads, that is county, not Nissan. They are improving the roads but at their own pace.

Secondly, we are Live Nation now, not Clear Channel. Live Nation is a guest friendly company. Everything is about the guest. We are a SHOW team now, not staff. We are there for you. If you have a poor experience you are to let us know immediately. Aramark sets the prices for the food, not Nissan. The tours set the prices for tickets, not Nissan. The tours say what can and cannot be brought in on the day of the show, not Nissan. When there are 25,000 people trying to get out of three parking lots, do you really expect to get out in 15 minutes? I have never been to a venue where you can get out that quickly. We do have a young parking staff and they learn more with every show. If we could get the same people back every year, we wouldn't have to start over every season.
 In my opinion we have the best lawn. We have a roped off section for families, no smoking or drinking area. We have the best video set up with the large screens so no matter where you sit you can see. We have no bad seat at Nissan.
 If I got pissed off about how long it takes to get to and home from a venue in this area, I would never see a live show anywhere.
 NIN should be a fine show. It is on a Tuesday night so it shouldn't be a problem getting in and out, if it's not sold out. You will enjoy yourself if you want to, I can promise that. And for all you naysayers out there, give us another chance. We have a new staff at the top, a new company that is a complete 180 from Clear Channel, and if you're not happy, we'll fix it!

anarchist

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2006, 03:41:00 pm »
is live nation not another name for clear channel? clear channel had such a negative image they had to change the name to cc and now live nation(?)  clear channel owns the venues, books whole tours, owns radio stations, owns sound + lighting companies and maybe ticket sellers.  they own all aspects of the live music industry top to bottom.  they also force the small promoter out of business like walmart forces small retailers out of business.

nanj

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »
Nope, Clear Channel still exists. Live Nation is completely separate.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2006, 05:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by nanjw:
  Nope, Clear Channel still exists. Live Nation is completely separate.
Live Nation is a publicly traded company that was spun-off from clear-channel at the end of last year

it is run by the same people that ran clear channel's concerts

the board appears to be controlled by the Mays family, which also controls clear channel

so to call it completely separate may or not be legally accurate

why would the management of Nissan Pavillion be substantially different under the spin-off

never been to Nissan due to the travel time, and they have not missed me

merriweather has always been an easy commute for me from Rockville

philadelphia concerts are more convenient to me as well

helicon1

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by nanjw:

Secondly, we are Live Nation now, not Clear Channel. Live Nation is a guest friendly company. Everything is about the guest.  
I too work for a branch of Live Nation but I don't work for the venue. Depeche Mode was my first show under the "new" management and the improvement is immediately noticeable. Perhaps they are trying to compete with the improvements at Merriweather.

ledooh

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2006, 06:34:00 pm »
If you go to Nissan, don't be too harsh on the people working concessions. If you notice their name tags, a lot of them are moms and dads and they're volunteers raising money for their kids' sports teams or scout troops. It's sort of ironic, but your beer tips may support a trip to a tournament game or a campout. I know quite a few parents who work concessions there as a fundraiser.

But don't EVER get the popcorn at Nissan. One of those moms told me if they have leftovers, they freeze it and serve it the next day.

ccperkdog

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2006, 12:39:00 am »
Anything I could possibly add to this thread was already said here...

http://www.930.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011313

J'Mal

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2006, 07:24:00 pm »
every problem at nissan isn't nissan's fault but in the end its a place with lots of problems.

Maybe, just maybe, if the county roads don't support  an enjoyable concert experience, a concert venue is not the highest and best use of the land.  Do they need anothe walmart out there?

I went to Nissan once last year for Buffet. I don't personally care for him but it was a social obligation of sorts.  HORRIBLE.  I was parked a few miles away at someone's house and rode in with some friends.  After sitting around for two hours, those of us whose cars weren't in the parking lot started walking.  It was difficult due to lack of sidewalks and some dark streets but we figured it out.

Driving home, it was funny to see all these drunken losers with all the parrothead shit soaped onto their cars pulled over by the 5-0.  Gee, after midnight, you've got parrot crap all over and you're leaving a jimmy buffet concert, i'd say that's probable cause for a DUI right there.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »
Clear Channel sued over concert competition

1 hour, 22 minutes ago

Clear Channel Communications Inc., the No. 1 U.S. radio broadcaster, was accused in a lawsuit on Friday of violating federal anti-trust laws by curtailing concert competition and jacking up ticket prices.

The proposed class-action, filed in Denver federal court, names Clear Channel's broadcasting unit and former concert promotion arm Live Nation Inc. as defendants. It comes three months after a U.S. Justice Department probe into similar matters ended with no action taken against the company.

According to court papers, the suit accuses the defendants of breaking the law by limiting radio airtime for musicians who used competing concert promoters and inflating musicians' fees, "in some cases more than 100 percent of gross sales, in order to exclude competitors from the market."

Clear Channel officials could not immediately be reached for comment. A Live Nation spokesman declined to comment on the suit.

From July 2003 until February 2006, the Justice Department probed allegations that Clear Channel tied radio airplay and the use of concert venues to musicians' use of the companies' concert promotion services.

The lawsuit said the investigation was reportedly discontinued because Clear Channel agreed to spin off Live Nation to become a separately owned company.

"However, Live Nation and Clear Channel Communications Inc. both continue to be dominated by the same individuals," court papers said.

In January, a federal appeals court in New York ruled that the relevant market for concert tickets was local, not national, so Friday's lawsuit is limited to the Denver regional market.

It seeks unspecified monetary damages on behalf of all buyers of tickets to popular music concerts promoted by the defendants from June 1998 to December 2005 in Colorado, parts of Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Kansas, Wyoming and Nebraska.

nanj

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
Damn, they lied to us. I still love Nissan.

sonickteam2

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2006, 11:12:00 am »
I got a free lawn ticket to the Nine Inch Nails  show at Nissan in the mail yesterday.  Says its Free.  and i can buy more at 10% off or something.

is this for real? has anyone else gotten one of these? or what?

Its not like i am going all the way from Baltimore, but just wondering if in fact, it is free. or just a gimmick.

bearman🐻

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2006, 11:38:00 am »
I got one too...I don't know what the heck is up with it, but if someone wants it, PM me and I'll mail it to you. It's just a lawn seat.

ggw

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2010, 03:52:01 pm »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »
hahahah...lube
o/\o