Author Topic: VFEST Roll Call  (Read 19863 times)

Smylie

Re: VFEST Roll Call
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2009, 01:19:30 pm »
Finally landed some tickets...i'll be sticking around the Hold Steady/National stage all day I think.  Anywhere know exactly where that stage will be?  The only time i've been to the venue was for Phish recently, so i wandered the lots a good bit. 

Where's parking going to be at?

wml7

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2009, 01:21:59 pm »
The best thing to do is just park at the mall.  Thats what I have been doing for the last few shows I have been there for  ;D

Smylie

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2009, 01:22:53 pm »
which exit would i take to get to the mall?  or do you have a name so i can look up an addy...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2009, 01:32:45 pm »
It's the same exit as the Merriweather, just drive past the venue and the mall will be on your right.
T.Rex

wml7

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2009, 01:36:03 pm »
which exit would i take to get to the mall?  or do you have a name so i can look up an addy...

I think it's the Columbia mall

killsaly

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2009, 02:04:35 pm »
The road it is off of is 175/Little Patuxent Parkway.  There is an exit for it on 95.  The mall is definitely the way to go.  I did the on site parking once, and will never do it again.  It took about an hour to park, and longer than that to leave.  But that was 2003, maybe they have fixed things.  The mall on the other hand, is in and out. 

Christine Moritz

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2009, 05:10:39 pm »
Hmm, maybe I will try doing the mall-parking thing.

I've been to Merriweather only once before (for Thievery et al. a year (IIRC) ago) and had no problems with the parking... but I am dismayed at the idea of having to pay for parking.

Plus I had the idea from the Virgin FreeFest site (under "Info, Getting There, Car" that you couldn't even park on-site unless you had "four or more" people in your car:

If you have 4 or more people in your vehicle, you can park in the Main Parking Lot.

[. . .]

Off-Site Parking
There will be plenty of it. You will be directed once you get to Brokenland Parkway or South Entrance Road.  Shuttle busses will take those in the further-away lots.

wml7

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2009, 05:12:00 pm »
Lets all park at the mall and have a get together  ;D

blinkboy

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2009, 05:36:14 pm »
the mall is in and out for most merriweather shows, but people, remember that

a) there will two times the amount of people than a normal merriweather show.

b) they wont have the west lot for overflow parking due to the stage being there.

the mall, is gonna SUCK to park at.  now, i figure the cops will be trying to get people to park elsewhere so if you are determined to get into the mall, it may be ok, if most ppl are dumb enough to park where the cops ask them to.

jb1677

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2009, 08:30:56 pm »
I just went on a recon mission to the mall..... there are metal barrier all around the mall... they are currently in the grass at all the entrances, no clue what they are going to do with them but they may be trying to keep people out.

wml7

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2009, 08:35:56 pm »
weird what about for people who actually want to go to the mall.  Usually I park I think in that jcpenny or sears parking lot but more towards the exit.  I think it will be fine tomorrow but who knows I sure as hell don't want to pay for parking  ;D

wml7

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2009, 08:46:34 pm »
tickets are still available on ticketmaster for you people who need extras  ;D

jb1677

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:50 pm »
I agree, not sure how they decide who is a mall customer and who is looking to park for merriweather.... at least in mass.  We have been asked by mall security if we were going to a show before and just walk toward sears until they were gone

I am sure it will all be fine

Got Haggis?

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2009, 07:22:25 am »
my friends tickets never arrived in the mail.....ticketmaster said they could convert the tickets to 'print at home' but they would have to pay the service charge to print at home.  real nice ticketmaster, real nice.

sucks about the mall parking looking off limits....I only have 3 people in my car, i'm still going to try the mall I guess.

when i picked up my ticket at merriweather, they had signs up saying that Little Patuxent Pky would be closed Sunday.  Traffic is going to suck big time.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 07:24:14 am by Got Haggis? »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:42 am »
Have to admit I totally disregarded the parking issue.  My group of 4 had planned to come in 2 cars but that looks to be a bit of a headache.  I'd have to think parking at the mall will be a tad more difficult today than a typical show at MPP.

The thought of taking a shuttle back to the car after the show sounds awful but the bus-to-metro arrangement they had at Pimlico worked really well.