Author Topic: Recher Theater  (Read 7339 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Recher Theater
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2020, 11:12:49 am »
I completely forgot this existed.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2020, 11:18:09 am »
Their biggest competition should be the Ottobar

DC area people afraid to cut through the city of Baltimore night prefer it but as I recall it’s a good 15 minutes longer drive

Kind of amazing they want to open in September during a pandemic!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:19:48 am by hutch »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2020, 11:43:00 am »
Glad its coming back.  Lots of memories there..Psych Furs, Nils Lofgren, Crack the Sky. 

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2020, 11:46:10 am »
Kind of amazing they want to open in September during a pandemic!
yeah, the ball must have been rolling from before Feb, but who the heck would even consider opening a live music venue in this environment

I recall a wilco show there
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2020, 12:38:25 pm »

hutch

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2020, 12:45:07 pm »
I saw Mermaid Avenue 2 there...so I am cooler!

(Although I was X’ing my balls off so I was catatonic during show...)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2020, 01:27:40 pm »
Miss you Jaguar.....wherever you are  :-[

Originally posted by Bags:
  I have a couple of questions -- the Recher Theater is northeast of Baltimore, correct? How far, then, from DC?  I'm thinking it must be over an hour (an hour fifteen?).

And are there showtimes about the same as 9:30 Club?

Since I'm asking, what's the capacity?  I noticed Liz Phair sold out there, but is still selling at 9:30.

Thanks for any info...
No, The Recher is not northeast of Baltimore. It's directly dead center north of Baltimore City, barely below the 695 Beltway. The Mojo is in northeast Baltimore.

The Recher Theatre use to be the Towson Theater. An old movie theater. They've torn out the seating but still have the stage and added a bar and a few basic things to make it a live music venue. In the back (toward the entrance) they sell food but there are many half way decent restaurants in the vicinity and within easy walking distance. Personally, I don't like the Melting Pot but many others would disagree with me. Granted, I've only eaten in the one downtown and I've always found their food to be overpriced grease, which is far from my preference for food.

If you like Thai food (which I love) I highly recommend Thai One On, I think on Pennsylvania Ave. Yes, in Towson, not DC. It's right around the corner from the Recher but on the other side of York Rd..

BTW, there's a parking lot with free parking behind the Recher and across the street yet. (Not to be confused with the tiny band parking lot which is directly behind the building.)

I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from but I live about 15-20 minutes north of there and it usually takes me a good solid hour at least to get to the 9:30 Club. An hour and 15 minutes would probably be a good estimate, on a good day. If you are closer to Arlington or some other further area, add more time accordingly. (Odd how local traffic lights can make a shorter trip longer in comparison. Re: For me to Recher vs me to 9:30 Club.)
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2020, 01:28:57 pm »
Charlie is still here....using a different handle  8)

First I have to laugh at Charlie Nakastenes “The Recher Theatre is every bit as good as the 930”!!

(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2020, 01:31:38 pm »
Oh I know...posting the same clueless stuff...derailing threads..trolling

It was all already here in 2004!

hutch

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2020, 01:50:35 pm »
More

https://patch.com/maryland/towson/recher-open-coronavirus-restrictions-are-lifted-report

Food set up like Birchmere and City Winery?

Just give me $3 Natty bo!!!

I have missed the Recher...I just felt like the place was dying for years before it closed as they weren’t booking squat...kind of like the State Theatre last 5-10 years

hutch

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2020, 01:57:43 pm »
Actually Recher May pose more of a challenge to the already suffering Ramshead Live at Inner Harbor...

This is the Recher promoter

http://24-7booking.com/

It kind of sucks that the brothers who own Recher closed it down to turn into a Dance nightclub

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2020, 02:32:01 pm »
Miss you Jaguar.....wherever you are  :-[
Wherever you are . . . hopefully with padded walls.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 06:17:22 pm »
Actually Recher May pose more of a challenge to the already suffering Ramshead Live at Inner Harbor...

Size is more comparable to Ottobar tho, no? The acts on their webpage almost seem more suited to Soundstage.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2020, 10:21:50 am »
I think it is much bigger than Ottobar.  More comparable to Soundstage.

hutch

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2020, 09:16:58 am »
20 years ago was Wilco show...this was part of a very small tour promoting Mermaid Avenue 2