Author Topic: Wolfmother last night?  (Read 1976 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Wolfmother last night?
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:37:50 pm »
Anyone catch Wolfmother last night opening at Merriweather.  Wondering how the new
lineup sounds.  Would have liked to see them but there is no way I'm paying to see The Killers.

brucehead69

Re: Wolfmother last night?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:23:14 pm »
they were okay, the crowd wasn't into them and they were pretty chill but the music wasn't that bad

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:25:59 pm »
I'm a bit curious about the new lineup too.  From the songs they've released, it sounds like nothing's changes.  Which is good or bad, depending on your thoughts on the band.  I enjoy them from time to time.

As for the Killers, I thought they were great at Vfest year one.  I wouldn't pay to see them, but in a festival setting, I'd watch a few songs. 

mahimahi1414

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »
I liked them. Like someone before me said, the crowd really wasn't having it, but Wolfmother was probably a bit heavy for Killers fans. The chatter afterwards near me was "They were really good" even though everyone seemed ambivalent during the set. The girls in front of me had seen like 30 some Killers shows and said Wolfmother was by far the best opener they've seen (Which compared to say... Chairlift isn't saying much). They played like 7 songs or so and jammed out for awhile during some of them. "Woman" was really good and "Joker and the Thief" got the pit moving a bit but not that much.

I'm not really into Wolfmother so I can't say how it was the same or different and I didn't see them at Virgin Fest n '06 but if they were to come to 9:30 or something definitely consider seeing them again.

10sweets

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:33:17 pm »
I was almost more excited to see Wolfmother than the Killers since I've seen the Killers before.

I thought they did a great job, although the drummer dropped two sticks, but aside from that it was one of the better opening acts I've seen.