Author Topic: The 2010 Albums Thread  (Read 72543 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: The 2010 Albums Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 03:11:45 pm »
God Is An Astronaut will have a new album out sometime in 2010.

Also, Air Formation has a new one coming out. Not sure of release time but suspect it won't be before this year ends.

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 03:51:27 pm »
The Beach House album leaked and from what I've heard so far, it's much better than Devotion (I didn't care much for Devotion, though).
احمد

Jaguar

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 05:34:42 pm »
Sennen will release their new album in March of 2010. They play British Rock with a few Gaze elements mixed in.

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:15 pm »
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »
New massive attack at least in the UK

Massive Attack fifth album: 'Heli-go-land' out on Feb 8th. With Horace Andy, Martina Topley Bird, Damon Albarn, Guy Garvey & Hope Sandoval.
T.Rex

MonkeyPants

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 03:20:10 pm »
Spoon just moved up the release date of Transference a week to Jan 19th 2010
I've heard about half the songs on it and they are super great :D
PANTS

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 04:05:45 pm »
New massive attack at least in the UK

I am anxious to heat that.  But what's the strategy to a uk-only release these days?  Once that recording hits the street everybody and anybody can get it.

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 04:35:57 pm »
man everybody and anybody will be able to get it months before the street date
it sucks but its just the way it is now
oword

Jaguar

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 05:19:14 pm »
And yet they will turn around and bitch about the download pirates.

Get with the times, Massive Attack! They aren't some little band who have to limit or stagger area releases due to extremely limited funds. The old ways of A&R don't work like they use to. Now let's just hope they don't work exclusively with Spotify which, ironically, also creates an international black market. They probably will be available on iTunes and Amazon but some of us want the tangibles without shelling out $30 or so for an import.

On the upside, those of us who are patient may very well get a bonus song or two. That too is yet another old A&R practice that only serves to encourage the pirates and pisses off their locals. (I really, really hate that practice even though, more often than not, we seem to get the extras rather than the other way around. Japanese releases excluded as they too often always have an extra something and better sound quality, at least on physical products.... at ridiculous prices.)

*Btw, for those who may be reading this post wrong, I am not justifying pirating. Only pointing out reasons and effects of their operating in the past decisions.

wml7

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 05:27:40 pm »
And yet they will turn around and bitch about the download pirates.

Get with the times, Massive Attack! They aren't some little band who have to limit or stagger area releases due to extremely limited funds. The old ways of A&R don't work like they use to. Now let's just hope they don't work exclusively with Spotify which, ironically, also creates an international black market. They probably will be available on iTunes and Amazon but some of us want the tangibles without shelling out $30 or so for an import.

On the upside, those of us who are patient may very well get a bonus song or two. That too is yet another old A&R practice that only serves to encourage the pirates and pisses off their locals. (I really, really hate that practice even though, more often than not, we seem to get the extras rather than the other way around. Japanese releases excluded as they too often always have an extra something and better sound quality, at least on physical products.... at ridiculous prices.)

*Btw, for those who may be reading this post wrong, I am not justifying pirating. Only pointing out reasons and effects of their operating in the past decisions.

Once you get the album can you burn me a copy  ;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 06:12:53 pm »
My earlier post regarding the new Massive Attack did go through....  but my point was the info on the new record came via a bbcmusic Twitter, and I have no other info to share regarding a US release
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 06:21:44 pm »
Stand down everyone, filter mag is reporting that the album is coming to the US on 2/9 they also have a preview mp3 from the new EP
T.Rex

Jaguar

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 06:38:38 pm »
Ah, a day later. No problem.

But my thoughts still stand on the above since there are still some industry dinosaurs out there, not to mention the stupid cut off their noses to spite their faces Spotify crap going on. Don't blame them but I do blame very big labels, the RIAA and the CRB for that b.s..

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:38 am »
Has anyone seen confirmation that Courtney Love is releasing a new album this year? Shut the fuck up, I still care and you're a cocksucker if you think she's irrelevant. 2010 is the YEAR OF THE.
Woof.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 10:20:29 am »
there's an article on a recent Rolling Stone issue...

Has anyone seen confirmation that Courtney Love is releasing a new album this year? Shut the fuck up, I still care and you're a cocksucker if you think she's irrelevant. 2010 is the YEAR OF THE.
(_|_)