Author Topic: Click here to see bitter hippies whine about the club  (Read 18450 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Click here to see bitter hippies whine about the club
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 05:07:55 pm »
Rhino semen, perhaps? Or maybe buffalo?

Or...uhh...lion?
احمد

betao

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 05:24:34 pm »
personally I think several of those comments are right on. I think about half of the club staff are perfectly professional and courteous and I think the other half are so busy oozing bad-ass "attitude" that its laughable.

Agreed. But this is pretty typical for venues methinks.

hutch

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 05:27:26 pm »
I expect staff to roll my joints for me while I watch and cut me some lines in the bathroom... ;)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 07:02:20 pm »
I expect staff to roll my joints for me while I watch and cut me some lines in the bathroom... ;)
Haha. At The National they help me tie off so I can shoot heroin as we all laugh about all the natural DC shows we've stolen!

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »
But in all seriousness, jam band fans are insane people. That said, if the account is true (as several people claimed to have witnessed it) that a guy was trying to sell two tickets to someone at face and a staph member only let them sell one and confiscated the other, that's seriously messed up. I'd like to hear the other side of that story.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 07:28:34 pm »
two possibilities:

1. there were two night tickets for these shows.  they were specifically marked as "non-transferable." 

b. guest list tickets may not be sold.

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 07:35:45 pm »
1. there were two night tickets for these shows.  they were specifically marked as "non-transferable." 

b. guest list tickets may not be sold.
B seems reasonable, but he said he paid for it so it probably wasn't that. Probably the "non transferable" thing, he did mention in his story it had that on the ticket. I thought all tickets.com tickets said that somewhere as boilerplate, but I went and looked at a stub and they only say "NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES" so I guess not.

I still would've given the kid the ticket back, although it's probably inevitable he walks a block away and sells it out of sight, so I can't fault the staph member if that's what the scenario was.

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 10:35:28 pm »
Just one more example of the entitlement/"I am above the rules" complex that plagues this crowd. Non-transferable means non-transferable. End of story.

P.S. WTF is "jerry powder"?

P.S.S. It sucks to see personal attacks such as these towards some of the nicest people ever. :( Thread started out funny and has gotten ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:48:32 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 12:15:50 am »

no idea, i was wondering the same thing.  powdered MDMA crystals?  TFMPP (aka "molly")? BZP?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:20:28 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

Sir HC

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 01:07:56 am »
I agree with big important facts being left out.  I was at the club and someone who was an aquantance of a friend went to a show with us.  Got kicked out.

The story was amazing in that in no way was it her fault, but somehow she tried going back stage to tell "the guy" (who no clue) that she wasn't trying to go back stage, and it just went down hill from there.  It was truly an onion story, layer after layer coming out, to where all you could think was "And they didn't arrest you?"

Yeah, details like the two day tickets on the 930 site said non-transferable, so doing so in front of staff is just stupid.  The tossing of the red cup I think is the one closest to reality, but hey he was allowed to stay in with the xx's after being told holding a drink would get him tossed out.  Then again he probably was coherent enough to say what was going on.

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 08:03:28 am »
What is it about these people that they think the rules don't apply to them? 

If you are stupid enough to sell tickets in front of staffers, you deserve to have your ticket taken away.  It is pathetic that someone would have to get x's on their hands because they don't trust themselves to not buy beer to drive their friends home safely.

**stepping off soap box now**

Relaxer

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 09:06:40 am »
Just one more example of the entitlement/"I am above the rules" complex that plagues this crowd. Non-transferable means non-transferable. End of story.

P.S.S. It sucks to see personal attacks such as these towards some of the nicest people ever. :( Thread started out funny and has gotten ridiculous.

Yesterday while driving on the highway, I danced with danger and drove 56 miles an hour. Ha Ha Ha! I'm above the rules and feel holocaustically entitled to do so! The story continues!
oword

ggw

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 09:45:46 am »
Is Seth really a conservative?

I've heard that he's secretly Amish.

walkonby

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 09:46:13 am »
don't blame the band . . . just the fans.  it's what killed phish the first go around and will likely claim many more bands as victims in the future.  so many fans just can't seem to wrap the mental around the fact that it's not just them in the game.  i am a numbero uno biscuits fans; flat out worhship them.  we all don't act like drugged out drool fiascos milking the blame game when personal consumption of every intoxicant possible becomes interrupted by "the man."  the music alone and the live experience is what keeps some of us coming back, and yes a lot of us do realize that venues have to protect themselves at ALL costs when it comes to people toking up, or doing much worse, possibly into an dj am inspired overdose flatline of "should've/could'ves".  the end.

oh yeah . . . allman brothers and widespread panic fucking killed it in charlotte, nc over the weekend.  nice.   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:50:05 am by walkonby »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 12:42:28 pm »
Hah one guy claims that his girlfriend was drugged by a 930 bartender at that show.  Who would waste good drugs on one of these clowns?