Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3202926 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9420 on: July 31, 2019, 09:31:08 am »
The 20 Worst Beer Trends, as told by Brewers

Shockingly, beards isn't one of them.
Yes but the brewers are the ones with the beards and who made this list...not known for their self reflection
but I have to agree with Seltzer

this was a good line I am afraid brewers are complacent with the ‘Chardonnization’ of their beers.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:38:12 am by Nisus-Hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #9421 on: July 31, 2019, 02:15:48 pm »

love this packaging/concept....although adding MSG...yuk
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9422 on: August 05, 2019, 02:58:33 pm »
Just got back from a combined work trip/family vacation on Colorado.

Fourth time in Colorado and Colorado moves into second place in terms of brewery visits for me. Will write up more at some point if time permits. Coors was my first ever brewery visit.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9423 on: August 05, 2019, 04:24:26 pm »
although adding MSG...yuk

it's just a salt. gose has NaCl salt, given what they're trying to do here i think the use of MSG is pretty clever.  i suspect they used a very, very small quantity... more of a marketing thing than something that will affect the taste.
<sig>

« Reply #9424 on: August 05, 2019, 04:57:55 pm »
although adding MSG...yuk

it's just a salt. gose has NaCl salt, given what they're trying to do here i think the use of MSG is pretty clever.  i suspect they used a very, very small quantity... more of a marketing thing than something that will affect the taste.
I 100% agree
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9425 on: August 08, 2019, 01:04:27 pm »
Breweries from my Recent Colorado visit, ranked

1. Casey Brewing and Blending, Glenwood Springs. World class sours, an awesome DIPA collaboration with WEldwerks, a very good imperial stout, funny and dynamic tour guide. One of my favorite brewery visits ever, in spite of my cranky 12 year old begging to leave.

2. Wiley Roots, Greeley. I was a little skeptical about a frozen slushy beer, but wow, really good. Yummy fruited sours. Pastry stout was very good. Didn't try their hoppy offerings. Nice vibe playing the indie rock hits.

3. Knotted Root, Nederland. For a brewery open less than three weeks, these guys are on fire. I liked their beers as much as Weldwerks’ beers, and i liked the vibe much better. Nice folks working there too. My wife really liked the Dead stuff they were playing. And though I'm not a big Dead fan, you could do a lot worse.

4. Bierstadt Lagerhaus, Denver. If every pils were as good as their  slow pour pils, i'd drink three or four pilsners a year instead of none. Food was tasty too.

5. Weldwerks, Greeley. The hype was high on these guys. And though their beer was very good, it was a little bit disappointing. NEIPA's and fruity sours very good but not as good as the stuff I get here in VA from Aslin or the Veil, or from the occasional Other Half trip or drop. The best beer of theirs  i drank at Casey. Vibe was sort of lame with mainstream-y music and not particularly attentive service.

6. Crooked Stave, Denver. Some of their funky stuff is amazing, some of it tastes a little off. Not really a fan of the vibe or location, though the service was good and friendly. (Second time here.)

7. Epic, Denver. Quadrupel Barrel Baptist and one of their Oak and Orchard beers were particularly tasty. Everything was good. Bartendress was very friendly. (Second Time here.)

8. Great Divide Barrel House, Denver. Only had a couple of beers, both good. Crashing the trivia night was fun. Location too out of the way. (First time at this location...like this place better than the original, but too much of a hike away from anything)

9. Outer Range, Frisco. I suppose if i never had a NEIPA or pastry stout before, I'd have been blown away, but as i have a steady diet of great versions of those beers here in VA, I found them pretty "meh."

Edit: Totally forgot, we went for lunch in Denver to a place called Liberati. There they brew beers also using grapes, creating some tasty wine-beer hybrids. I'm going to put them at #4 and bump the others down.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 02:19:09 pm by Space Freely »

K8teebug

« Reply #9426 on: August 08, 2019, 03:16:00 pm »
Finally went to Sapwood Cellars! Loved it.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9427 on: August 08, 2019, 06:30:10 pm »
Best brewery in HoCo or MoCo, imo.

Space Freely

« Reply #9428 on: August 08, 2019, 07:01:45 pm »

I'd put in in the top 3 in Maryland along with Burley Oak and RAR.

« Reply #9429 on: August 08, 2019, 08:29:52 pm »
the 1 hour drive is the only thing keeping me...
but I do need to make a plan to go to sapwood based on these three posts
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9430 on: August 08, 2019, 10:05:02 pm »

I'd put in in the top 3 in Maryland along with Burley Oak and RAR.

Hard to argue with that. I really like Diamondback, too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9431 on: August 13, 2019, 01:25:37 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #9432 on: August 13, 2019, 01:27:06 pm »
^hey we bring our kids with us too...
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9433 on: August 13, 2019, 02:42:19 pm »