Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3216365 times)

hutch

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9855 on: April 22, 2020, 12:22:58 pm »
YIKES

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9856 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:58 pm »
OMG WTF LMAO
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9857 on: April 22, 2020, 12:30:41 pm »
Hey Yada (or anybody else)...can you put in an order to DTC on a Wed and pick up on a Sat?

Anybody have an opinion on DDH Vapor Ringz vs. DDH Mylar Bags vs DDH Small Mosaic Everything?

The DDH Mylar from this past week is my favorite beer I've had of theirs...

My order is ready for pickup.  Thanks for the recommendation.

« Reply #9858 on: April 22, 2020, 12:47:27 pm »
ok, fine, i'll bite: YSAO?
Yada Says ABV is Overated
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9859 on: April 22, 2020, 12:53:37 pm »
Hey Yada (or anybody else)...can you put in an order to DTC on a Wed and pick up on a Sat?

Anybody have an opinion on DDH Vapor Ringz vs. DDH Mylar Bags vs DDH Small Mosaic Everything?

Mine too. Thanks for the recs Yada. I feel like I've had DDH Mylar Bags on draft, but never cans. Memory says it was quite excellent. Always looking for quality lower abv IPA's so got one of them, Vapor Ringz will have to wait until another time.

Regarding Vapor Ringz, the call it an "oat cream IPA." What is oat cream and what features would it give to the beer?

Imperial Oat Cream IPA with 2-row, wheat, and oats hopped with Citra, Galaxy, and Nelson

Yada

« Reply #9860 on: April 22, 2020, 01:25:35 pm »
ok, fine, i'll bite: YSAO?
Yada Says ABV is Overated

When you have drinking habits not to be discussed in this thread, you can't drink 10% triples every day.

Also, if my partner isn't drinking, I can take down a small series pretty easily.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9861 on: April 22, 2020, 01:45:36 pm »
Regarding Vapor Ringz, the call it an "oat cream IPA." What is oat cream and what features would it give to the beer?

Imperial Oat Cream IPA with 2-row, wheat, and oats hopped with Citra, Galaxy, and Nelson

just a guess, but i imagine the "cream" designation is about the mouthfeel.  oats = beta glucan = that thick, syrupy effect you get in oatmeal stouts, for example.  i'd put my money on that, but another possibility is in relation to the wheat - cream of wheat?
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9862 on: April 23, 2020, 01:31:28 pm »

I had one last night...verrrry tasty, but damn that's a sugar bomb!

Space Freely

« Reply #9863 on: April 24, 2020, 07:44:34 pm »

Yes, pick up is fine whenever.

The DDH Mylar from this past week is my favorite beer I've had of theirs... However, the "small" series is my YSAO in all aspects as it's low ABV and delicious.

The Veil's version of that beer is $2 cheaper. I wonder how it compares.

DDH Mylar Bags (Freaky Friday edition) is a classic Other Half DIPA brewed by The Veil! It's an Imperial IPA brewed with oats + wheat, hopped with Amarillo, Citra, El Dorado, Galaxy, Mosaic, + Citra and Mosaic Lupulin Powder. 8.8% ABV.
$18.00+tax/4pack. 4x 4packs pp each.⠀

hutch

Yada

« Reply #9865 on: April 29, 2020, 12:22:37 pm »
Wow

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/business/beer-sales-coronavirus/index.html

Everyone needs some daily drinkers. I stocked up on Modelo, Michelob ultra, high life, rolling rock, Peroni, as well as a few German pilsners on Monday.

« Reply #9866 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:16 pm »
Wow

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/business/beer-sales-coronavirus/index.html
not sure that article surprised me...
people are buying 30 packs of shitty beer, because they are only going shopping once every two weeks and people are worried about their next paycheck

this is also sad, but obvious
Craft beer, which is pricier, isn't seeing the same increase in sales compared to its cheaper siblings. Around 70% of sales come from the brewer's taprooms or at bars,
slack

vansmack

« Reply #9867 on: April 30, 2020, 01:08:11 am »
]
not sure that article surprised me...
people are buying 30 packs of shitty beer, because they are only going shopping once every two weeks and people are worried about their next paycheck

It also the same "shitty" beer those people were drinking in bars, they're just drinking it at home now.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #9868 on: April 30, 2020, 01:12:00 am »
Smackie's been taking a different approach. I've been drinking only local beers from our local bars and restaurants so their kegs don't go bad (and so they stay in business). 

Around 4pm, each day the fam takes a 1.5 mile stroll around the neighborhood and pickup glasses of wine and Crowlers of beer from windows of our favorite places selling the stuff.  Tippy heavy friends, if you're able
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9869 on: April 30, 2020, 02:18:02 pm »
Smackie's been taking a different approach. I've been drinking only local beers from our local bars and restaurants so their kegs don't go bad (and so they stay in business). 

Around 4pm, each day the fam takes a 1.5 mile stroll around the neighborhood and pickup glasses of wine and Crowlers of beer from windows of our favorite places selling the stuff.  Tippy heavy friends, if you're able

not all heroes wear capes. 
<sig>