Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183157 times)

hutch

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8985 on: October 05, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »
Well that’s not the point is it?

The point is that is what people do when they feel government is completely broken and non responsive

ggw

« Reply #8986 on: October 05, 2018, 03:11:45 pm »
They're all funded by George Soros. 

hutch

« Reply #8987 on: October 05, 2018, 03:23:08 pm »
In the end Kavanaugh is being confirmed

Not a huge shock

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8988 on: October 08, 2018, 05:37:32 pm »
Cloudburst won a medal at GABF, and their head brewer wore a "fuck AB-INBev" shirt on stage while accepting his prize.

a book that i hadn't heard of until now: "Barrel-Aged Stout and Selling Out: Goose Island, Anheuser-Busch and How Craft Beer Became Big Business"
https://www.joshnoel.net/barrel-aged-stout-and-selling-out/
https://www.amazon.com/Barrel-Aged-Stout-Selling-Out-Anheuser-Busch/dp/1613737211
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8989 on: October 11, 2018, 09:25:58 pm »
TL; DR - 2,500 miles later and this stack of beer*

TL:

Dancing Gnome - Great brewery, snagged some cans, love hitting up this spot

Brew Gentlemen - Great brewery, food trucks, growlers only, have been there a bunch, and had too much other beer to hunt down

Equilibrium - Nothing to speak of other than the beer which was actually the best hops of the entire week. Raining Belma is what Treehouse used to taste like, just perfection.

Shitty town, shitty parking lot, no way to sample their beer, a few giant pear shaped dudes and myself waiting for beer. Phish playing on the blue tooth speaker. An ongoing feud with the bar literally connected to the brewery keeps them from serving there, which is just ridiculous.

Hudson Valley Brewing - Overall the best beer of the trip, definitely making the most unique beer that I have had access to in recent months. Everything just works. Loaded up on a bunch of cans, less than 10 people hanging in the brewery all evening, hand about 8 tasters. For the first time in weeks cans lasted through the week so I was lucky to get a good amount.

Fiddlehead - I was there less than 10 mins to just grab cans. Under contstruction, no one there, I'm actually surprised they're still surviving in the beer nirvana up there.

Foam - Coolest and funnest brewery of the trip, however, the beer in my opinion was a bit of a let down. All of the haze tasted the same and really tasted pretty green/hot. Killer tunes and great vibe right on lake Champlain. Playlist included Can, Talking Heads, Miles, Phish, Hendrix, Beastie Boys, etc. I had very high hopes, but all in all, I think I'm hazed out.

Alchemist - I had to go for old time's sack, but Heady just ain't what it used to be for me. Malty, bitter, etc... Crazy that a few years ago this was the DIPA that everyone died for. Beautiful new brewery, free samples of Crusher, Focal, and Heady. No music, and the average age was 55+. We stuck around for about 20 mins and grabbed some beers to go.

*All beer was kept at 85 degrees in a van 

« Reply #8990 on: October 11, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »
I see some Vinyl in the back there...

I can't seem to figure out the math of time and finances AND kids to live your beer lifestyle
slack

Yada

« Reply #8991 on: October 11, 2018, 10:29:41 pm »
I see some Vinyl in the back there...

I can't seem to figure out the math of time and finances AND kids to live your beer lifestyle

I could say the same about your show going life-style... At any rate, to answer a few parts of your question... that beer isn't even close to all mine, split by roughly 8ish people. I probably spent $150 max.

We were on a week long FAMILY vacation in Lake Placid/Burlington that I drove to and from.

« Reply #8992 on: October 11, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »
split by roughly 8ish people.
now that makes a lot more sense...as I priced that table at around $1000

Let's be clear, I'm more envious than judgemental on this topic
slack

hutch

« Reply #8993 on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:24 pm »
Yada bring some to the boat party!

Yada

« Reply #8994 on: October 12, 2018, 08:12:43 am »
Yada bring some to the boat party!

I didn't get an invite,  but I'll be at Nick Cave so I expect an invite soon.

I'll bring the chocolate covered coffee beans too.

« Reply #8995 on: October 12, 2018, 08:18:10 am »
I didn't get an invite,  but I'll be at Nick Cave so I expect an invite soon.

kinda thought this counted as an invite
with that said...Pre-Show yacht rocking scheduled for Nick Cave...PM for details

but if you want one in the mail with as S.A.S.E. I can work on that
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8996 on: October 14, 2018, 11:58:10 pm »
y'all really need to get on this:

3 Stars presents: HOPFUNKFEST III
Sun. October 21st
1pm-7pm
We are at it again, bringing some of the best beers in the country right into DC’s back yard.

We will be showcasing tons of hop forward and sour beers in a celebration of everything delicious. Food vendors, live music performances and so much more. We have limited the number of tickets available this time around to cut down on lines.

This event will sell out and there will be no door tickets.

General Admission:
Tickets are $10 for GA which gains you entrance, a custom glass, and your first 2 drink tickets.

VIP
There are also a limited quantity of VIP experience packages which will get you into the event an hour before GA (12pm start time for VIP), a VIP giftbag, and 4 additional drink tickets, plus a limited release 4-pack, these packages are $50 and available on a first come, first served basis.

All tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. .  .

http://3starsbrewing.com/events/
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hopfunk-fest-iii-tickets-50755737778
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #8997 on: October 15, 2018, 09:42:06 am »
Have been drinking Sip of Sunshine and Super Session #7 myself since picking some up in NY after the Wineglass Marathon!

Space Freely

« Reply #8998 on: October 15, 2018, 11:01:47 am »
Anybody else hit up Snallygaster on Saturday? We took Metro in. We had to switch trains on the way home, and as soon as the train door opened, one person in our party flew out the door and projectile vomited on the platform several time. Another person had to pee so bad that they urinated on the platform. This was my first beer festival, I guess now I know what they are all about.

*Note: Neither of the two people mentioned were me.

Space Freely

« Reply #8999 on: October 15, 2018, 11:08:21 am »
TL; DR - 2,500 miles later and this stack of beer*

TL:

Dancing Gnome - Great brewery, snagged some cans, love hitting up this spot

Brew Gentlemen - Great brewery, food trucks, growlers only, have been there a bunch, and had too much other beer to hunt down

Equilibrium - Nothing to speak of other than the beer which was actually the best hops of the entire week. Raining Belma is what Treehouse used to taste like, just perfection.

Shitty town, shitty parking lot, no way to sample their beer, a few giant pear shaped dudes and myself waiting for beer. Phish playing on the blue tooth speaker. An ongoing feud with the bar literally connected to the brewery keeps them from serving there, which is just ridiculous.

Hudson Valley Brewing - Overall the best beer of the trip, definitely making the most unique beer that I have had access to in recent months. Everything just works. Loaded up on a bunch of cans, less than 10 people hanging in the brewery all evening, hand about 8 tasters. For the first time in weeks cans lasted through the week so I was lucky to get a good amount.

Fiddlehead - I was there less than 10 mins to just grab cans. Under contstruction, no one there, I'm actually surprised they're still surviving in the beer nirvana up there.

Foam - Coolest and funnest brewery of the trip, however, the beer in my opinion was a bit of a let down. All of the haze tasted the same and really tasted pretty green/hot. Killer tunes and great vibe right on lake Champlain. Playlist included Can, Talking Heads, Miles, Phish, Hendrix, Beastie Boys, etc. I had very high hopes, but all in all, I think I'm hazed out.

Alchemist - I had to go for old time's sack, but Heady just ain't what it used to be for me. Malty, bitter, etc... Crazy that a few years ago this was the DIPA that everyone died for. Beautiful new brewery, free samples of Crusher, Focal, and Heady. No music, and the average age was 55+. We stuck around for about 20 mins and grabbed some beers to go.

*All beer was kept at 85 degrees in a van

Nice. No stop at Suarez?