Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182885 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9360 on: July 09, 2019, 05:11:41 pm »
Crashing at a certain SF-based long-time boardee's pad. Fridge stocked with:
Jez, showed up at my boat with Narragansett or Coors Light...
Is that handle of Belvidere still there?
nope...took a while, but many olives later it was gone
Shit, I have to buy something else for Costello/Blondie.
LVMH

« Reply #9361 on: July 09, 2019, 05:20:27 pm »
Is that handle of Belvidere still there?
nope...took a while, but many olives later it was gone
Shit, I have to buy something else for Costello/Blondie.
currently in dry dock...should be back by then tho
I'm on the fence on that show...love both artists...don't love the price (EC is still on his game...blondie not so much)
slack

vansmack

« Reply #9362 on: July 10, 2019, 04:21:50 pm »

buying for someone else vs. buying for himself...

Exactly.  You show up to mine, I take care of you.  I show up at yours, I take care of me.

I also showed sweetcell not one, but two places that serve Pliny on draft within a half mile of my place.  I order the PBR tall boy...
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #9363 on: July 10, 2019, 04:50:44 pm »
We shared a Pliny during a long layover at SFO a few weeks ago. It was pretty meh. The Grimm sour was nice though.

« Reply #9364 on: July 10, 2019, 04:58:21 pm »
I also showed sweetcell not one, but two places that serve Pliny on draft within a half mile of my place.  I order the PBR tall boy...
I assume one of them was Toronado...although I think that might be more like a mile from your place
and which pliny... or

gotta assume Elder...since it's not Feburary

Also saw they opened a toronado in Seattle...so sweets can go there too
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:08:14 pm by Schmolls-Hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #9365 on: July 10, 2019, 05:38:59 pm »
I assume one of them was Toronado...although I think that might be more like a mile from your place

No, they were both in Upper Haight, with Murio's being the closest.  Toronado is in Lower Haight, 1.4 miles away, albeit all downhill.

And always the Elder, though Younger can be found all over Divis in February, but you'll never Smackie queuing for shit.
27>34

« Reply #9366 on: July 11, 2019, 03:47:21 pm »
local DMV brewers give props to Madfox and the support he gave to the early DC scene seems tremendous
https://www.dcbeer.com/2019/07/11/bill-madden-mad-fox-brewing-company
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9367 on: July 11, 2019, 04:36:25 pm »
I'm a big proponent of the four pack 12 oz format for these big beers as opposed to overpriced bombers. This news probably would have excited me more a couple of years ago, though now I feel like this beer is way to sweet and I prefer KBS and even the regular Breakfast Stout to CBS.

Founders Adding 12-Ounce Bottles for Canadian Breakfast Stout 2019

Brooks WhittingtonJuly 11, 2019

BeersNews0

U.S.-based fans of Founders Brewing Co.’s most popular beer will now be able to enjoy it in smaller bottles for the first time when it is released later this year.

The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based brewery has announced it will be selling 12-ounce bottles of Canadian Breakfast Stout—otherwise known as CBS—when the beer goes on sale this fall. Although the stout was sold as the final release in Founders’ 2017 and 2018 Barrel-Aged Series packaged in 750ml bottles, 12-ounce bottles were not available in the U.S. and were instead shipped exclusively to the 27 countries in the brewery’s international distribution network outside of the U.S., including the county of Canada.

Canadian Breakfast Stout is an imperial stout that is brewed with chocolate and a blend of coffees before being aged for over a year in spent bourbon barrels that were most recently aging maple syrup. Before the 2017 and 2018 rereleases, the beer was first released in bottles in October of 2011, and was rereleased as a draft-only option exclusively in one-quarter-bbl kegs that were distributed to the brewery’s entire 32 state network in 2014.

According to a post on Founders’ website, Canadian Breakfast Stout 2019 will be released nationwide on Nov. 1 packaged in both 12-ounce and 750ml bottles, but will be released at its Grand Rapids and Detroit taprooms “a couple weeks earlier.”

In addition, Founders had indicated that this year’s version will mark the last time CBS will be released “for the foreseeable future” and that the brewery has “no immediate plans to bottle CBS in any format” after 2019.

Bagley

« Reply #9368 on: July 11, 2019, 05:21:41 pm »
local DMV brewers give props to Madfox and the support he gave to the early DC scene seems tremendous

Always loved his Orange Whip IPA

gavroche

« Reply #9369 on: July 11, 2019, 05:56:18 pm »
I'm a big proponent of the four pack 12 oz format for these big beers as opposed to overpriced bombers. This news probably would have excited me more a couple of years ago, though now I feel like this beer is way to sweet and I prefer KBS and even the regular Breakfast Stout to CBS.

Founders Adding 12-Ounce Bottles for Canadian Breakfast Stout 2019

Brooks WhittingtonJuly 11, 2019

BeersNews0

U.S.-based fans of Founders Brewing Co.’s most popular beer will now be able to enjoy it in smaller bottles for the first time when it is released later this year.

The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based brewery has announced it will be selling 12-ounce bottles of Canadian Breakfast Stout—otherwise known as CBS—when the beer goes on sale this fall. Although the stout was sold as the final release in Founders’ 2017 and 2018 Barrel-Aged Series packaged in 750ml bottles, 12-ounce bottles were not available in the U.S. and were instead shipped exclusively to the 27 countries in the brewery’s international distribution network outside of the U.S., including the county of Canada.

Canadian Breakfast Stout is an imperial stout that is brewed with chocolate and a blend of coffees before being aged for over a year in spent bourbon barrels that were most recently aging maple syrup. Before the 2017 and 2018 rereleases, the beer was first released in bottles in October of 2011, and was rereleased as a draft-only option exclusively in one-quarter-bbl kegs that were distributed to the brewery’s entire 32 state network in 2014.

According to a post on Founders’ website, Canadian Breakfast Stout 2019 will be released nationwide on Nov. 1 packaged in both 12-ounce and 750ml bottles, but will be released at its Grand Rapids and Detroit taprooms “a couple weeks earlier.”

In addition, Founders had indicated that this year’s version will mark the last time CBS will be released “for the foreseeable future” and that the brewery has “no immediate plans to bottle CBS in any format” after 2019.

That's because last year over priced bombers were sitting on the shelves everywhere I went.  They need something different to help move it.

« Reply #9370 on: July 11, 2019, 06:17:43 pm »

Always loved his Orange Whip IPA
plus that name alone made me drink it...probably my most memorable drink there

slack

Bagley

« Reply #9371 on: July 12, 2019, 02:38:41 pm »
RAR Slip-on Pale Ale is excellent

« Reply #9372 on: July 12, 2019, 02:43:19 pm »
I could watch that John Candy gif for hours
I'm really not sure why it gives me so much enjoyment, but I'm gonna let my freak flag fly
slack

vansmack

« Reply #9373 on: July 12, 2019, 02:53:46 pm »
AB InBev pulled out of it's IPO in Hong Kong.  They were trying to erase $10B in debt of it's Asian arm, Budweiser Brewing Co. APAC Ltd.

Maybe I should have put this in the Trump thread because it's being blamed on the Trade Wars, excuse me, "market conditions."

Nah, I'll leave it here.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #9374 on: July 15, 2019, 11:07:45 am »
Aslin taproom opens today.

With a fridge full of Other Half DIPA's and Aslin sours, and headed to Weldwerks in a couple of weeks, not sure how much of a rush I'll be to go there....though it is only 15 mins from myhouse...