Author Topic: For all you Anglophiles...  (Read 2685 times)

bigyellow100

Re: For all you Anglophiles...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 04:23:00 am »
thanks for the advice.  yeah the museums were amazing as were the parks with the craziest squirrles ever.  also double deckers are really cool.  i got to see the march into the parliament or whatever.  yeah piccadilly/trafalagar/oxford/chinatown/leicester (i think i botched the spellings) werent that great but all in all they were ok.  that st. pauls church was nice though, until they wanted me to pay to actually see it.  camden park was overrated i thought.  i couldnt get a decent knockoff jersey for less than 20 quid, which is still ridiculous.  i was on the lookout for some shows to go to, but: a) i didnt know any of the bands cause im too far out of the loop; and b) no one in my group wanted to go to one.  all in all i found london to be a very classy city and very ritzy, but a bit drab at times, cause i literally only saw the sun for 15 mins in 5 days.  i was in southeast london and there was this really cool marketplace in which there was this stall that sold all sorts of unskinned game (pheasant, rabbit, etc).  pretty manly if you ask me.

HoyaSaxa03

Re: For all you Anglophiles...
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 12:11:00 pm »
great pics, doom ... you have a really good eye for composition ... i saw an incredible photograph of a gutted out industrial space by this houston guy luis de santos at a gallery in memphis this weekend, if only i had the $$ to throw down for it ...
(o|o)