Author Topic: Bands want to know if their music was used on Gitmo detainees  (Read 5565 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Bands want to know if their music was used on Gitmo detainees
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 10:51:22 am »
I'm sending the government a Brokencyde record RIGHT now.

That may be grounds for throwing you in Gitmo.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:13 pm »
Thought that I'd help you all get your work week started off with a little trick or treat present.

Since most of you probably aren't aware of (count your lucky stars!) Masonna, here's a download for you.

Make sure you play it LOUD!   :o  ;D

I challenge you to listen to the entire song! Go ahead, it's only 1:49 long. 

i met your challenge... i want my 1:49 back.  that was pure musical retardation.  sorry, i take back the word "musical".  while the "noise" genre isn't my favorite, i can see the appeal in acts such as merzbow.  this had none of it.  i really don't understand why anyone would make this stuff, and even less so why anyone would choose to listen to it (unless high on a really strong dissociative... maybe).

to be fair, this is only one track so maybe other parts of their output might appeal to me more.  and i definitely see how this stuff could be useful for psy-ops operations.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 05:07:23 pm »
Thought that I'd help you all get your work week started off with a little trick or treat present.

Since most of you probably aren't aware of (count your lucky stars!) Masonna, here's a download for you.

Make sure you play it LOUD!   :o  ;D

I challenge you to listen to the entire song! Go ahead, it's only 1:49 long. 

i met your challenge... i want my 1:49 back.  that was pure musical retardation.  sorry, i take back the word "musical".  while the "noise" genre isn't my favorite, i can see the appeal in acts such as merzbow.  this had none of it.  i really don't understand why anyone would make this stuff, and even less so why anyone would choose to listen to it (unless high on a really strong dissociative... maybe).

to be fair, this is only one track so maybe other parts of their output might appeal to me more.  and i definitely see how this stuff could be useful for psy-ops operations.

Masonna Wikipedia page

The Masonna project has been the opening act for several well known artists on their Japanese concert dates, including Sonic Youth, Beck and Slipknot. Masonna also caught the attention of John Peel and was featured on his program, having even done a limited Masonna 'John Peel Sessions' CD.

Masonna on UbuWeb

😐 🎶

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 05:32:57 pm »
Masonna Wikipedia page

The Masonna project has been the opening act for several well known artists on their Japanese concert dates, including Sonic Youth, Beck and Slipknot. Masonna also caught the attention of John Peel and was featured on his program, having even done a limited Masonna 'John Peel Sessions' CD.

Masonna on UbuWeb

Must have plied them with good drugs. And I mean really, really good drugs! Even that wouldn't do it for me.

Sweets, the entire disc sounds like that. I couldn't get through it though I did give each track at least a few seconds hoping to find some redeeming value. Not a chance!

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 05:35:00 pm »
I have scarier.

Ever hear the Merzbow/Bastard Noise split?
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 05:38:26 pm »
I have scarier.

Ever hear the Merzbow/Bastard Noise split?

A) There is no fucking way!!!

B) But, no, I haven't. (Suspect that I will soon regret this.)  :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 05:54:18 pm »
I'll spare you that one since it's on an external HD and I don't feel like digging it up but this might be even more brutal.

Merzbow/Carlos Giffoni - Synth Destruction

61+ minutes of sonic terrorism.
احمد