Author Topic: Ok who's snowball fight?  (Read 7550 times)

slappy

Ok who's snowball fight?
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:27:56 am »
C'mon don't hit Detective Danny Glover's Hummer!
He has to help out Bruce Willis one more time before retirement.
Then y'all gotta make him stop and bust out the gun.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2009/12/19/did-d-c-cops-overreact-to-snowball-fight-14th-and-u/

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Ok who's snowball fight?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 02:58:59 am »
Does this mean there's going to be another beer fest at the White House?  ::)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:37:09 am »
Everyone in this story is a douchebag -- the self-entitled hipsters who think its OK to throw snowballs at cars they don't like, and the cop for brandishing his weapon.   But they should be thankful it was a cop who had the gun.... someone else might've come out blazin'.

_\|/_

andyrichter

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »
Everyone in this story is a douchebag -- the self-entitled hipsters who think its OK to throw snowballs at cars they don't like, and the cop for brandishing his weapon.   But they should be thankful it was a cop who had the gun.... someone else might've come out blazin'.

took the words right out of my mouth. 

slappy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 03:57:06 pm »

Ok, Grandpa's... I guess they haven't shoveled the sidewalk of the retirement home yet.
Your angst for self-entitled hipsters is misplaced on this one. As someone that used to be young, I can say I would've peg the shit out of a Hummer and any vehicle rollin' down the street.

Indeed, they should be thankful it was a cop...because the law never 'comes out blazin'.  ::)
And Crispus Attucks was a douchebag self-entitled hipster. (Google this thing called the Boston Massacre about a snowball fight turned ugly that kinda added fuel for a revolution.)

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 04:06:18 pm »
As someone that used to be young, I can say I would've peg the shit out of a Hummer and any vehicle rollin' down the street.

I would've pegged cars as a teenager too.  These looked like grownups to me (although perhaps adult-baby grownups).   

Secondly, when pegging cars, I would've expected some kind of angry reaction, and I wouldn'tve gone crying to mommy (or the modern day equivalent, bleating on the internet).

And Crispus Attucks was a douchebag self-entitled hipster. (Google this thing called the Boston Massacre about a snowball fight turned ugly that kinda added fuel for a revolution.)

You're seriously comparing a mob of coddled trustafarians trying to get a rise out of The Man, who are upset that someone flashed a gun at them, to revolutionaries, who actually got shot?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:08:59 pm by Doctor Doom »
_\|/_

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 04:17:28 pm »
Ok, Grandpa's... I guess they haven't shoveled the sidewalk of the retirement home yet.
Your angst for self-entitled hipsters is misplaced on this one. As someone that used to be young, I can say I would've peg the shit out of a Hummer and any vehicle rollin' down the street.
The idea that, because it snowed, it's ok to throw snow at anyone and everything, is just ridiculous. That cop hilariously overreacted, but it's not alright to throw snow at any passing car. And if you do it anyway, expect people to get pissed off at you.

andyrichter

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 07:20:06 pm »

lol.  so i guess the next time people pelt your car with snowballs, you'll be thinking "oh they're just reliving childhood memories.  i hope they hit my car again!"  these hipsters are lucky it wasn't some real thug with a gun who decided suburban rebels needed to be taught a lesson.

slappy

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 02:02:07 am »
Woo hoo! So it's now the...

Douchebag, self-entitled hipster, mob of coddled trustifarians, suburban rebels that needed to be taught a lesson snowball fight of 2009.

Any other curmudgeonly cliché pejorative y'all wanna add to the list?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:00:05 am »
a cop driving a hummer? i'm in the wrong bidness
o/\o

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 10:06:06 am »

Douchebag, self-entitled hipster, mob of coddled trustifarians, suburban rebels that needed to be taught a lesson snowball fight of 2009.

Actually, "douchebag" would've been enough.

So when's the revolution starting?

_\|/_

slappy

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 01:19:48 pm »

Actually, "douchebag" would've been enough.

So when's the revolution starting?

I agree! So why did y'all feel the need to pile on?

I guess it would start when a few of them were shot and killed? For the record, I never said Crispus Attucks was a revolutionary. I go with the facts that show he was just a brotha that got shot. Nobody can name the three white dudes that were killed. 

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 02:27:30 pm »
I was there, and this was WAY fun. I left before the cop showed up, but I can say that everyone that was involved in the snowball fight beforehand was super respectful and not in the least bit "douchey". Everyone was just having fun in the blizzard. Meh.
Woof.

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 05:18:29 pm »
I'm thinking anybody who happened to be walking by and didn't want snowballs whizzing by their head from all directions might've found the entire scene "douchey."   

Slappy, the only thing in common between this and the Boston Massacre was that snowballs were involved.  Beyond that it's hard to see your point.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:20:03 pm by Doctor Doom »
_\|/_

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 07:25:58 pm »
I held off commenting on this but after seeing footage and a report on the news about it, I see nothing that was done wrong.  The cop was responding to a call about the snowball fight and the report he got was that someone was there with a weapon and it was unclear as to whether it was drawn or not.  The video showed the cop unsnap the his holster and drawn his gun out of the holster all the while keeping it aimed at the ground.  The gun was unholstered for a matter of seconds and when he saw that the situation was 'safe' (fill in whatever word you want here) he reholstered his weapon.  Not a thing done wrong.  In fact he did exactly what he should have done.  Some of the people who are whining about this, not necessarily anyone on this forum, would have been the very same ones wanting to crucify the cops for not taking firmer action had the person with a gun at the snowball fight done harm to anyone with that gun.
FUKIT