Author Topic: Scream at the Black Cat  (Read 8531 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Scream at the Black Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 06:54:48 pm »
Doom, your answer lies here.
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 07:09:24 pm »
Cool, thanks!  So he was just a Dave Grohlish-looking guy.   Time to modify my blog....

On a related topic, I have no idea what Mark Jenkins looks like, but I'd say the odds are very high that he was the middle aged guy standing near me, writing furiously on a notepad throughout the set.

_\|/_

andyrichter

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 08:09:36 pm »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »
Dave Grohl did not play guitars for Scream...that should clue you in that it wasn't him. Plus, Pete introduced him with a name other than Dave Grohl...in case you were in the bathroom  8)

ok, who was the extra guitarist standing behind Skeeter?
(_|_)

• my blog
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:57 pm »
Yes, he played drums, but since they're original lineup they don't need a drummer.  So if he were going to stand in it would've been very logical.   Anyway, I already conceded the point.  :)

_\|/_

redsock

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 01:39:19 am »
On a related topic, I have no idea what Mark Jenkins looks like, but I'd say the odds are very high that he was the middle aged guy standing near me, writing furiously on a notepad throughout the set.

Jenkins was there, as was another middle-aged reporter for some other news outlet. It was funny to see them both reading books in the back during Rustbuckit.

• my blog
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 10:14:03 am »

Jenkins was there, as was another middle-aged reporter for some other news outlet. It was funny to see them both reading books in the back during Rustbuckit.

Seriously?  That explains why Jenkins' column didn't even mention that there was an opener.
_\|/_

redsock

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 11:24:57 am »

Seriously?  That explains why Jenkins' column didn't even mention that there was an opener.

The best was when Nancy from The Juan MacLean called him out during their set, asking "Hey, how's the book?" in the middle of their set. I mean, he was sitting under a light, and no one was at the show, so he seemed out of place to begin with. Never read the review, so I don't know if that pissed him off. I can imagine -- having reviewed more than a few shows in my time -- that reading books at shows keeps him sane.

• my blog
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 12:03:56 pm »
I can imagine -- having reviewed more than a few shows in my time -- that reading books at shows keeps him sane.

I don't know, that seems disrespectful.  If he was some ordinary joe it wouldnt've mattered, but obviously people know he's a reviewer, and he's loudly proclaiming he doesn't give a shit about your band.   He could've at least gone down to the Red Room.   

On the other hand perhaps I'm biased against him for enduring as a City Paper reader many years of the unseemly boy-crush he had on Dischord/Positive Force, to the exclusion of all other aspects of the local scene...
_\|/_

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 12:14:07 pm »
How was Rustbuckit ?  I like them, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 12:20:42 pm »
They were very loud. I wasn't into them at all.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:30:38 pm by Hello Sunshine M! »
(_|_)

• my blog
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 12:41:05 pm »

They play something close to straight metal, which isn't my cup of tea.    They did at least one BMB cover at the end (Downward Christian Soldiers) which was the part I enjoyed.

_\|/_

Driveway

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 01:28:38 pm »
Maybe Dave Grohl should have been there.  He might learn to sotp writing grocery store pop.

• my blog
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 01:54:04 pm »
Maybe Dave Grohl should have been there.  He might learn to sotp writing grocery store pop.

POTD  :D
_\|/_

hutch

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 07:06:23 pm »

They play something close to straight metal, which isn't my cup of tea.    They did at least one BMB cover at the end (Downward Christian Soldiers) which was the part I enjoyed.

Soldiers went into Drunk and Disorderly.. good stuff...