Author Topic: The Real World DC thread  (Read 7958 times)

azaghal1981

The Real World DC thread
« on: January 02, 2010, 02:04:32 am »
What a collection of douchebags.

I hate them all already.

The burning question:
which staffers will end up in the 930 episode (if the footage shot there does get used in an episode)?

Other than  that, I doubt I'll watch anymore of this crap.
احمد

redsock

Re: The Real World DC thread
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:36 am »
It was rather awful. I haven't watched a Real world in years though, so this might be part for the course.

I was honestly more interested in how they came to decide what to order at Bucco de Beppo that their stupid fight over religion.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »
Yeah, the last one I remember following was SF.
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:36:11 pm »
I think the Washington Post preview by Hank Steuver summed it up quite nicely:

"Washington is not too boring for "The Real World," but times have changed. Now it turns out to be the other way around: "The Real World" is too boring for Washington. "

One thing that's for certain, though, the only bigger douchebags than the cast was the small army of DC bloggers that mobilized to bitch about the taping of the show.    One guy even went so far as to get a dedicated domain name, http://www.antirealworld.com/ , which predictably fizzled out about halfway through the show's production due to lack of interesting material.

I had my own incredibly boring mini-encounter with the Real Worlders, memorialized for posterity here.

http://dcalex.blogspot.com/2009/07/unreal-real-world-and-then-real-one.html

_\|/_

Bags

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:31:17 pm »
You know it's boring when this got three posts....

distance

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:10:41 pm »
it's ridiculous that they even make this stuff anymore, let alone that anyone actually watches it.

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:16:28 pm »
I gotta admit, the original "Real World" was kind of fun... mindless decadence, like eating Thrasher's french fries on the Ocean City boardwalk while watching the girls walk by with their skimpy bikinis and thick Baltimore accents.
_\|/_

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »
I thought the Puck/Pedro spats during SF were hilarious. But I was 13.
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 04:24:49 pm »
yeah, I think that was the last time I really watched the show......I tried to watch the DC one, but just wasn't interested at all...guess i'm all growed up

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 05:16:27 pm »
I caught the first episode, do they live across from the Friday's on GW campus? Or was i just seeing things.
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 05:17:43 pm »
They lived at 20th and S.
احمد

Mobius

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 01:47:25 pm »
What a disappointment.   Its like if the Jersey Shore had a cast of emo kids from Canada.  Who are these losers??  They have no semblance of personality or hint of DCishneess.

DC has plenty of characters that it would be interesting to watch interact . . . How about casting a Late Night Shot trust funder, a young Obama staffer, a U Street Poetry Slammer, a Dupont alternative lifestyler, a hot law student or lawyer, an ahole lobbyist type, an intellectual thinktanker and one or two or three hot interns???  How about making it about DC!!   That show would actually be cool!

azaghal1981

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 01:51:17 pm »
I can't believe I'm saying this but the Jersey Shore cast are less unsavory.
احمد

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 01:53:01 pm »
DC has plenty of characters that it would be interesting to watch interact . . . How about casting a Late Night Shot trust funder...
Uh, Blonde Charity Mafia? Unfortunately it never made to air in the US, which upset me since I made it to casting call for it.

• my blog
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 02:47:53 pm »
What a disappointment.   Its like if the Jersey Shore had a cast of emo kids from Canada.  Who are these losers??  They have no semblance of personality or hint of DCishneess.

Seriously, they have even less DCishness than most DC newbies.   As for the house, it's been a long time since I've watched a Real World season, but what's "reality" about putting them in a crazy mansion that bears not even a passing semblance to the digs that young people new to DC find themselves in? 

_\|/_