Author Topic: bartenders at 930 need to learn how to count  (Read 6601 times)

douchebagbartender

bartenders at 930 need to learn how to count
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:06:07 pm »
I'm sorry but stealing from customers is pretty fuckin sad.

Next time use your own money to feed your meth addiction.

I went to the gogol concert last night. Paid for a drink and got 2 bucks back from a 20.

Thats either the most expensive drink ever or the bartender was being an asshole.

I tried saying something then he immediately said I game him a ten. Fuck off. I got a bank statement that shows I pulled 40 dollars out of the atm that night. Shiesty Motherfucker. 

Maybe 930 might have some sense and hire people that are actually honest.

Yeah, right.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: bartenders at 930 need to learn how to count
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:28:10 pm »
Thats either the most expensive drink ever or...
ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

Idk what you were drinking, but two stolis + tonic are $16. FOR STOLI!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:36:56 pm »
I'm sorry but stealing from customers is pretty fuckin sad.

Next time use your own money to feed your meth addiction.

I went to the gogol concert last night. Paid for a drink and got 2 bucks back from a 20.

Thats either the most expensive drink ever or the bartender was being an asshole.

I tried saying something then he immediately said I game him a ten. Fuck off. I got a bank statement that shows I pulled 40 dollars out of the atm that night. Shiesty Motherfucker. 

Maybe 930 might have some sense and hire people that are actually honest.

Yeah, right.

interesting.

i've been to over 100 shows at the 930 (maybe over 200?), buy drinks almost every time, and not once has a bartender short-changed me.  they've been nothing but professional and courteous.  *if* your story is indeed true, you should go buy a lottery ticket 'cause you've had an experience that is un-heard of.

i suspect that you'll get little to no sympathy here.  folks in this board are generally fans of the club and opinion is pretty unanimous that the 930 has excellent, if not the best, staff. 

calling one of them a meth addict and a M-F'er isn't going to get you very far.  calling on the club to hire honest bar staph - implication being that they are all currently dishonest - and you're really on your own.  oh, and congrats on painting ALL the bar staph (30? 40? more?) based on one experience with one person.

newsflash: some ATMs dispense $10 bills.  your bank statement, like your words, mean nothing.

it's your word against his/hers.  i'm going to take the word of staph that i respect over that of an internet douchebag.

Thats either the most expensive drink ever or...
ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

Idk what you were drinking, but two stolis + tonic are $16. FOR STOLI!!

is $8 for a call drink that crazy?  it's probably $6 or $7 for rail vodka, add on a premium for the call and $8 seems like a reasonable price.  definitely not the cheapest drink in town (my wallet would be most grateful if drinks were cheaper at the 930!), but considering a cup of yuengling is $7 that seems about right... you do realize that stoli isn't their cheapest vodka, right?
<sig>

Sir HC

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:34:44 pm »
The Columbia Brunswick Bowling Alley was going to charge $9 for a caucasian.  Yep, suburbia...

But if you really have an issue, talk to the manager.  They count drawers at the end of the night, and can check.  No bartender is going to risk their job for $10.  I remember working at fast food, and if someone claimed such things, they would do a drawer check, and see what it was. Shit does happen, but like with government assume it is not evil reasons that someone erred.

wml7

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:48:31 pm »
Just start a tab  ;D

Driveway

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:03:16 pm »
My 'favorite' bartender moment at the club was Gov't Mule about 5 years ago.  I think the Miller Lights were still $4 back then.  My friend gave the bartender a $5 and he put the $1 change into the tip jar before delivering the beer.  Sleazy.  I guess that's what I get for going to see Gov't Mule. 

Like I said before, go to Duffy's for your drinks if you don't want to get ripped off.  That's what I do.

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:05:13 pm »
I couldn't put it more eloquently than sweetcell so I'll just repeat what he said:
i suspect that you'll get little to no sympathy here.  folks in this board are generally fans of the club and opinion is pretty unanimous that the 930
has excellent, if not the best, staff. 

calling one of them a meth addict and a M-F'er isn't going to get you very far.  calling on the club to hire honest bar staph - implication being that
they are all currently dishonest - and you're really on your own.  oh, and congrats on painting ALL the bar staph (30? 40? more?) based on one experience
with one person.

Oh and go fuck/kill yourself.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:16 pm »
I couldn't put it more eloquently than sweetcell so I'll just repeat what he said:
i suspect that you'll get little to no sympathy here.  folks in this board are generally fans of the club and opinion is pretty unanimous that the 930
has excellent, if not the best, staff. 

calling one of them a meth addict and a M-F'er isn't going to get you very far.  calling on the club to hire honest bar staph - implication being that
they are all currently dishonest - and you're really on your own.  oh, and congrats on painting ALL the bar staph (30? 40? more?) based on one experience
with one person.

Oh and go fuck/kill yourself.

haha nice  ;D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:15:31 pm »
newsflash: some ATMs dispense $10 bills.  your bank statement, like your words, mean nothing.

it's your word against his/hers.  i'm going to take the word of staph that i respect over that of an internet douchebag.
I was with you up until this point. If you want to ask 100 people to vote who's most likely to make a mistake: your average ATM machine or a great bartender, 99 of them will pick the bartender. Because the bartender's a human and the machine is not. Geez.

hutch

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:08 pm »
I agree: you will get no sympathy here.. half these guys spend their lives here on this board blowing sunshine up Seth's ass.. any criticism of the club/930/IMP will be met swiftly...

Also, agree with Driveway: avoid buying drinks at club when possible (obviously if you're an alcoholic you're fucked)...Its a ripoff (the market may bear it but its still gouging).

I ordered seven beers at Gogo; special circumstances: $49 before my fat tip. I do like the bartender who works lefthand bar.. She's been there FOREVER and absolutely knows what she's doing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:59:28 pm by hutch »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 11:04:59 pm »
I'm guessing there is more to this story than originally posted and this little outburst isn't exactly unexpected.

And while the regulars around here are big supporters of the club, had the original poster taken a less abrasive tone when posting the message, more sympathy would have been shown.

T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:19:10 pm »
I'm guessing there is more to this story than originally posted and this little outburst isn't exactly unexpected.

And while the regulars around here are big supporters of the club, had the original poster taken a less abrasive tone when posting the message, more sympathy would have been shown.

Yeah that is true.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:17 am »

hey it's either that or raise ticket fees

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 08:00:58 am »

I was with you up until this point. If you want to ask 100 people to vote who's most likely to make a mistake: your average ATM machine or a great bartender, 99 of them will pick the bartender. Because the bartender's a human and the machine is not. Geez.

The bartender is a human and so is the customer.   I would say the odds of the customer making a mistake (handing over a 10 when he thought it was a 20) vs the bartender are about 60-40.

The ATM has no relevance to this story, since as has been noted, ATMs issue other bills besides 20s.

And for pointlessly ranting on the Internet rather than trying to talk to a manager, the original poster gets this week's Comic Book Guy award!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzyd91NFx-Y

_\|/_

godsshoeshine

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 09:32:32 am »
The Columbia Brunswick Bowling Alley was going to charge $9 for a caucasian.  Yep, suburbia...

$14 for a double jack and coke at the bar in my neighborhood. good think i stick to beer
o/\o