Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 68010 times)

walkonby

Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »
thread progression is an interesting thing.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2011, 04:31:01 pm »
This is pretty cool.

http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 06:45:49 pm »
I'll bet NWDC is alot whiter than that.

You're one of those types who assumes NW DC is only Adams Morgan, Dupont, & Georgetown, right?   And all the other areas are "bad" and therefore are Southeast?
_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2011, 08:08:41 pm »
No, I'm not one of those people.

But you are proving my point. Over here in AM, Dupont and Georgetown, you have the whiteys and a sprinkling of other. In the other parts of NWDC ,you have the darkies and a sprinkling of other. RIGHT???

On my block of 15 or so houses, we have Caucasian, African-American, Latino, Arab, Asian, and (I think)  Indian families. That includes senior citizens, middle aged people (er, that would include me), and young families. Now if we could only get a gay family to move in.

You're one of those types who assumes NW DC is only Adams Morgan, Dupont, & Georgetown, right?   And all the other areas are "bad" and therefore are Southeast?

notme

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:47 pm »
jiffy lube live needs an oil change service done in the parking lot while you attend the concert.  this could be included in the price of the ticket and you would park in a specific area of the lot.  maybe they could rotate the tires also.

• my blog
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 06:29:35 am »

But you are proving my point. Over here in AM, Dupont and Georgetown, you have the whiteys and a sprinkling of other. In the other parts of NWDC ,you have the darkies and a sprinkling of other. RIGHT???

On my block of 15 or so houses, we have Caucasian, African-American, Latino, Arab, Asian, and (I think)  Indian families. That includes senior citizens, middle aged people (er, that would include me), and young families. Now if we could only get a gay family to move in.

I don't really see what your point is... where you're living is still boring as shit and requires a car to do anything.  To each their own, but not for me, ever!
_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 07:59:47 am »
My point is that the suburbs aren't as lily-white and nonintegrated as some ignorant people would lead you to believe. Whereas DC has become a dual city: arrogant upwardly mobile white douchebags, and poor people too poor to leave the ghetto.

You're a typical arrogant "aint I cool because I live in the city" aging white hipster douche. No wonder so many people prefer the suburbs....to stay away from the likes of you!  ;)

I don't really see what your point is... where you're living is still boring as shit and requires a car to do anything.  To each their own, but not for me, ever!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2011, 08:07:10 am »
My point is that the suburbs aren't as lily-white and nonintegrated as some ignorant people would lead you to believe. Whereas DC has become a dual city: arrogant upwardly mobile white douchebags, and poor people too poor to leave the ghetto.

You're a typical arrogant "aint I cool because I live in the city" aging white hipster douche. No wonder so many people prefer the suburbs....to stay away from the likes of you!  ;)

dunno, pretty clear that there are some ignorant douchebags in the 'burbs too...
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2011, 08:12:20 am »
Oh yeah, that's right. You live in Maryland.  ;)

Has Doctor Doom ever even tried to live a suburban life with a wife and children that he so shuns?

I bet he's a never married (commitment-phobe) 40something guy who lives in a one bedroom condo in an "edgy" part of town and still chases 20 year old girls in black at Black Cat Cure vs. Smiths nights. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

dunno, pretty clear that there are some ignorant douchebags in the 'burbs too...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:14:52 am by James Ford »

• my blog
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2011, 08:29:14 am »
I see you've descended into personal attacks, which must mean I made my point and you have no valid retort.    :D

I'm always struck by the lack of imagination of people who think suburbia is the only place to raise kids -- there are plenty of families living in my "edgy" neighborhood and they and their parents seem to be doing just fine.   

_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2011, 08:55:38 am »
Retort this one:

i'm always struck by the arrogance of people who think they are above car culture. Because unless you're growing all your own food, building your own bicycle or salvaging the other consumer goods you're using from somebodies junk pile, etc. etc.....you're not.

I could live without a car where I live, if I chose. I'm on a bus line to the Metro, VRE is easily bikeable, and I'm within walking distance of Giant, Whole Foods, Starbucks, CVS, JAXX, a large park, and a smattering of restaurants.

And how much imagination does it take to pick out your kids private school?

I see you've descended into personal attacks, which must mean I made my point and you have no valid retort.    :D

I'm always struck by the lack of imagination of people who think suburbia is the only place to raise kids -- there are plenty of families living in my "edgy" neighborhood and they and their parents seem to be doing just fine.   

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:18:18 am by James Ford »

hutch

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2011, 09:07:42 am »
i love dc...lived there for 15 years..miss it at times

just cant afford it at this point..not if i want a little yard for my 18 month old son...not if i want to live close to the metro...not if i want to live somewhere were i don't have to worry about crime

walkonby

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2011, 09:08:49 am »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:10:49 am by walkonby »

Relaxer

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2011, 09:41:46 am »
I could live without a car where I live, if I chose. I'm on a bus line to the Metro, VRE is easily bikeable, and I'm within walking distance of Giant, Whole Foods, Starbucks, CVS, JAXX, a large park, and a smattering of restaurants.

So do you choose? Do you actually take the bus and the metro and ride your bike and walk to all of those places? And I mean more than once every three months. Because I could learn to speak 30 languages fluently "if I chose". That's a pretty stupid argument.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2011, 09:43:40 am »
But since this is the thread where you insisted you were the authority on attending Jiffy Lube Live shows, despite having never been to Jiffy Lube Live, it's not surprising in the least.
oword