Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 68024 times)

Relaxer

Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2011, 09:44:48 am »
I expect that soon you will tell walkonby what it's really like to grow up as a gay man since you know so much better than he does.
oword

fatskippy

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2011, 09:50:24 am »

walkonby

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2011, 09:53:00 am »
is it now a given that threads will go one, if not all, of three routes?

political

attack

pics of cats

James Ford

« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:26 am »
No, i'm not as much of a self-righteous douche as doctor doom.

I could live without a car where I live, if I chose. I'm on a bus line to the Metro, VRE is easily bikeable, and I'm within walking distance of Giant, Whole Foods, Starbucks, CVS, JAXX, a large park, and a smattering of restaurants.

So do you choose? Do you actually take the bus and the metro and ride your bike and walk to all of those places? And I mean more than once every three months. Because I could learn to speak 30 languages fluently "if I chose". That's a pretty stupid argument.

James Ford

« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:32 am »
Remind he where I said that I was the authority???

"You guys do realize that if you leave during the encore and have a fast set of walking legs, you can beat the crowd and not wait in the lot 3.5 hours, right?

I haven't been to Nissan, but that's certainly been the case with every other music shed/sporting venue I've been to."

But since this is the thread where you insisted you were the authority on attending Jiffy Lube Live shows, despite having never been to Jiffy Lube Live, it's not surprising in the least.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2011, 09:58:27 am »

i swear i'm being objective when i say that in the context of this particular debate, your above statement is highly debatable ;D
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2011, 10:00:40 am »
My decision to live outside of DC comes down to one thing, and one thing only.  Sub-standard public schools.  I've been raising two kids by myself on a single income for the past 2 or so years.  So shelling out the cash for private schools is out of the question.  And rolling the dice on getting into one of the better charter schools is also out of the question.

That said, we've been really happy in Arlington, and now Falls Church in a neighborhood that is probably 50/50 latino/white.   I'm getting married in October, so for the first time in a long time I'm now enjoying a two income home...but we are staying put. 

For me, and for everyone else, either location has it's ups and downs.  But for ME, all things considered, the burbs are the better fit.

To each their own.  If I had no kids, I'd most certainly not live where I am, but if that were the case I probably would have left the area altogether quite some time ago.

PS - If I were a city dweller I'd still no doubt have a car.  I lived without one until I was almost 30 years old, so clearly I know it can be done.  But I like road trips and self-reliance, so I need that flexibility in my life.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:02:53 am by chaz »

James Ford

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:09 am »
i.e. I agree with Doctor Doom's opinion.

i swear i'm being objective when i say that in the context of this particular debate, your above statement is highly debatable ;D

James Ford

« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05:17 am »

"I don't really see what your point is... where you're living is still boring as shit and requires a car to do anything.  To each their own, but not for me, ever!"

My decision to live outside of DC comes down to one thing, and one thing only.  Sub-standard public schools.  I've been raising two kids by myself on a single income for the past 2 or so years.  So shelling out the cash for private schools is out of the question.  And rolling the dice on getting into one of the better charter schools is also out of the question.

That said, we've been really happy in Arlington, and now Falls Church in a neighborhood that is probably 50/50 latino/white.   I'm getting married in October, so for the first time in a long time I'm now enjoying a two income home...but we are staying put. 

For me, and for everyone else, either location has it's ups and downs.  But for ME, all things considered, the burbs are the better fit.

To each their own.  If I had no kids, I'd most certainly not live where I am, but if that were the case I probably would have left the area altogether quite some time ago.

PS - If I were a city dweller I'd still no doubt have a car.  I lived without one until I was almost 30 years old, so clearly I know it can be done.  But I like road trips and self-reliance, so I need that flexibility in my life.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2011, 10:39:57 am »
I were a city dweller I'd still no doubt have a car. 
especially as a parent
o/\o

chaz

« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2011, 11:08:38 am »
I were a city dweller I'd still no doubt have a car. 
especially as a parent
I'd have one even if I were not a parent. 

wml7

« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2011, 11:12:03 am »
Is everyone in this forum married with kids??  You guys should get a big playdate together  ;D

chaz

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2011, 11:29:43 am »
Is everyone in this forum married with kids??  You guys should get a big playdate together  ;D
No way...then I'd have to travel outside of my comfort zone into shitholes like DC, MD, Springfield....

godsshoeshine

« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2011, 11:31:38 am »
might require a car so i'm out
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2011, 11:45:20 am »
might require boardees to meet up IRL at an agreed time... everyone is out ;D
<sig>