Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 68000 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2011, 11:21:52 am »
is this that thing about how VA'ers can't deal with MD, and vice-versa?  both sides seem to break out into hives whenever they cross the potomac.  i find that shit hilarious.  

I'm not a native, but here's how I feel about that. As a proud liberal, I'm more of a MD person than a VA person. I'd rather live close to Baltimore and DC than live out in BFE Arlington, Fairfax, Loudon or PW for any reason. But I don't break out in hives going into VA. I just don't prefer the place.

Plus, Fairfax County Public Schools murders its own children and destroys the careers of innocent teachers.

But don't you EVER FORGET: We're Fairfax fucking Public Schools, and we're Number fucking One for a fucking reason. Remember what I said.

hutch

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2011, 11:27:56 am »
arlington is very nice and a 10 minute drive from dc

i far prefer the republic of arlington to md

we also claim dave grohl and jim morrisson as local heroes

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:35:06 am by hutch »

walkonby

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2011, 11:31:33 am »
plus, virginia beach is better than that kiddie land over crowd of a sand step called ocean city . . . which isn't saying much because virginia beach really is horrible too.  i'm not saying virginia > or < or +/-/=/% maryland.  i just don't like the cops in maryland.  they make me mad.

hutch

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2011, 11:41:18 am »
music venues in my area: iotas, state theatre, wolftrap, jammin java

guess if i lived in silver spring i'd have the fillmore

James Ford

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2011, 11:43:57 am »
Rehoboth is way, way better than ocean city or virginia beach.

As a beer lover (Dogfish Alehouse) and a gay guy, you should prefer it as well.

plus, virginia beach is better than that kiddie land over crowd of a sand step called ocean city . . . which isn't saying much because virginia beach really is horrible too.  i'm not saying virginia > or < or +/-/=/% maryland.  i just don't like the cops in maryland.  they make me mad.

ggw

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2011, 11:48:59 am »
Maryland also has the world's worst drivers.

Relaxer

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:20 am »
I've been commuting to work by bike for more than a decade and as such, I tend to categorize them thusly:

Maryland drivers are assholes

DC drivers are idiots

Virginia drivers are pussies

This applies across the board, 100%, black if black, white if white, no exceptions, no remorse.
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »
Arlington is far from BFE...I lived there for a looong time.  Could easily beat a lot of my Petworth/Tacoma Park/Silver Spring friends to locations in NW. 

But it is too damn expensive.  So now i live in Falls Church.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2011, 12:15:32 pm »
But we (Baltimore) have Zappa, David Byrne and Ric Ocasek

arlington is very nice and a 10 minute drive from dc

i far prefer the republic of arlington to md

we also claim dave grohl and jim morrisson as local heroes

walkonby

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2011, 12:32:15 pm »
Rehoboth is way, way better than ocean city or virginia beach.

As a beer lover (Dogfish Alehouse) and a gay guy, you should prefer it as well.

never been.  i always thought that place was full of people with their noses in the air, spending money like it's made of paper, and all being like, "hey look at me . . . i'm in rehoboth.  ooh, ooh, let's go spend some more money over there."

imbecile

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36:58 pm »

This is the sole reason I can't stand Maryland.  I grew up in VA, lived for a few years and still work in MD, just moved to DC (so, can't comment on that).

But wow, Maryland drivers are the worst I have ever seen.  It's the king of one car accidents.  I don't go more than a week without seeing a carbeque on the side of the road just blazing away.  Everytime there's a merge, construction, an exit/entrance-ramp, or if the interstate takes the slightest of turns everyone slams on their brakes, changes lanes like 8 times, speeds up abruptly only to do it all again in 50 feet, and generally freaks the fuck out. 

Yeah, Northern VA is a mess and DC is a bit of a disaster with the tourists and strange intersections, but they've nothing on Maryland.  I'm not sure if it's the lack of annual inspections which allow for complete wrecks to be on the road, if their licensing tests are inadequate, lack of enforcement for traffic idiocy fines, or what.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

incorrect.  as soon as a single drop of rain or a snowflake drops, VA drivers slam on the brakes and proceed at 8 miles an hour until the sun returns.  i'm assuming this is what relaxer meant by his "pussy" comment.  

i lived 2 years in massachusetts - MD drivers are down-right enjoyable!

wait - what is this thread about again?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:34 pm »
md drivers ARE the worst...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:28 pm »
this is the truth. i blame sweetcell
o/\o

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:40 pm »
Pittsburg drivers are the worst! They are well known for constantly making left hand turns from the far right lane and visa versa.

Virginians are like displaced Germans, rushing 85 mph on a 55 mph road, regardless of weather conditions, that are well set up with radar traps. Not what I'd call a 'pussy'. Crazy, maybe.

This intolerance towards various places drives me crazy. Maybe it's because I'm the kind of person who loves exploring that I tend to like each of these places you've all mentioned. They each have their pros and cons and best for different reasons.

Oh, regarding Rehoboth and Dewey Beaches, be very, very careful while driving through Delaware, especially the beach areas. Their cops invented revenue generation! Coastal Hwy is a roller coaster of speed zones that constantly switch between 55 mph to 35 mph and they sit out there just waiting for the unsuspecting and not all that cognizant of the changes to issue those tickets.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:34:39 pm by Jaguar »