Author Topic: please god stop the f-ing remakes!!! burn hollywood burn  (Read 6039 times)

walkonby

please god stop the f-ing remakes!!! burn hollywood burn
« on: January 13, 2010, 11:21:12 am »
they remade fame, and it flopped in the first one, two, three, four seconds.

they remade friday the 13th, and it flopped in less than thirteen minutes.

they remade karate kid, and the preview is the biggest piece of shit i have ever seen.

they remade clash of the titans and put a head banging "pop puke" song in the preview.  nothing says greek mythology like hinder.

now they are remaking ferris bueller.  seriously?  seriously?  seriously?

and dune?  YOU DO NOT REMAKE DAVID FUCKING LYNCH FILMS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.

heather

Re: please god stop the f-ing remakes!!! burn hollywood burn
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:23:55 am »
and dune?  YOU DO NOT REMAKE DAVID FUCKING LYNCH FILMS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.
although i've never seen dune, i fully agree with your assertion.

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 11:52:05 am »
Well, first off, I am a HUGE David Lynch and Dune fan. Ive seen all his movies, own most of them, own all the Dune books, love the Lynch version AND the SCI Fi version (the SCI FI was closer to the books.)

That being said, the new Dune is not a remake of Lynchs movie.  It is a new movie based off of Franks book, not off of Davids movie.  Davids movie will stand up on its own.  Davids movie changed a lot about Dune anyway (not that i care, i still love it) with the sound weapons for the weirding way instead of martial arts, and a few other issues (the navigators not looking "humanoid" at all.)

Anyways, i agree with the rest, the Karate Kid remake and the rest are crap.  Remaking movies is shit.  Redoing a new version of a book or play, however, is fine.  Maybe the new Dune will fix some of the issues hardcore Dune fans had with Lynchs movie.  Maybe they will all hate it. 

Also, I really had an issue with one thing about SCI FIs Dune.  Paul and his father were supposed to have BLACK hair, like in Lynchs movie and the books.  In the SCI FI one, they were redheaded.

Anyway, to anyone who is upset they are remaking a David Lynch movie, they arent.  They are making a new movie based off the same book Lynch used as a source for his movie.  The only thing i would be upset with, Lynch wise, is someone making a new version of Mullholland Drive, Blue Velvet, etc.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:55:59 am »
thank you killsaly.  i was getting all hot!  and speaking of blue velvet . . . i feel so bad about dennis hopper.

killsaly

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:36 pm »
You are welcome... What about Hopper?  Also, the only framed picture on my wall that isnt music related is my Blue Velvet poster, featuring Kyle and Isabella in a warm embrace. 

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »
hopper is losing his battle with prostate cancer.  they don't give him very much longer to live.   :'(

betao

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 12:40:05 pm »
aw man not Hopper. I really enjoy him. His role in Speed is one of the most convincing antagonist roles ever.

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 12:53:47 pm »
Did we just talk about Dennis Hopper and somebody mentioned speed before Cool Hand Luke, Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, Rumblefish and Hoosiers?

For shame.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 01:10:45 pm »
i did think mentioning speed in any context . . . was a bit odd.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:59:23 pm »
hopper is losing his battle with prostate cancer.  they don't give him very much longer to live.   :'(

so i shouldn't be looking forward to him narrating a puff piece on the presidential nominee at the 2012 republican convention?
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »
Or betting on a losing Manchester United squad playing Blackburn in Entourage?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:23:41 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 05:11:29 pm »

they remade friday the 13th, and it flopped in less than thirteen minutes.

I agree with the premise of your thread, but must point out that the Friday the 13th reboot cost $20M to make *and* market, and it took in $90M+ just in theaters, not including DVD sales. So actually it was a big hit.
I hate people who make posts like this.

oword

distance

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 02:34:33 am »
i haaaaaaaaaaaaated eraserhead.

killsaly

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 10:28:09 am »
Eraserhead definitely isnt my favorite.  Ive only seen it once so far.  Also, here is a picture i made last year from Eraserhead. (part of a series I did)

walkonby

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 01:33:20 pm »
Eraserhead definitely isnt my favorite.  Ive only seen it once so far.  Also, here is a picture i made last year from Eraserhead. (part of a series I did)

i see morrisey.