Author Topic: Another snow day  (Read 59562 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Another snow day
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »
yeah, wtf is with all this snow  :o

According to that lying & thieving fraudster, Al Scamster Gore, it's 'global warming'.  ::) ::) ::)

i'm assuming this is flippant?  

it's not all warming... it's more extremes.  more droughts, and more cold.

So I rescheduled to this coming Friday... and now, again, mother nature is being a bitch.

hey, as long as my DTV dish is clear on sunday for the big game...
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 01:01:11 pm »
All I wanted to do was have a party last Friday night, but mother nature comes in and is all like "noo you can't do that" (even though the snowfall started later than it was scheduled).

So I rescheduled to this coming Friday... and now, again, mother nature is being a bitch.

Fucking hell.

Tell me about it!!! My birthday dinner was rescheduled until this Saturday.  ::) Now if only I could figure out how to get Mother Nature to delay that extra year of aging like she loves to do with some of our plans. Hey Mr. Natural, do you have any pull with her on this sort of stuff?

Jaguar

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 01:05:45 pm »

According to that lying & thieving fraudster, Al Scamster Gore, it's 'global warming'.  ::) ::) ::)

(sigh) For starters, do some research on Climategate. There's plenty more once you are done with that. I've done my research. Now go do yours. We have actually entered a period of global cooling. (And no, i'm not referring to winter.)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:07:28 pm by Jaguar »

nkotb

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 01:48:03 pm »
That's great.  We actually scheduled to move the weekend of the last storm, and had to push it back to the day after Christmas, which was a bitch.

And now, we're pretty much in red alert waiting for my wife to go into labor...just in time for more snow.

All I wanted to do was have a party last Friday night, but mother nature comes in and is all like "noo you can't do that" (even though the snowfall started later than it was scheduled).

Fucking hell.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »

(sigh) For starters, do some research on Climategate. There's plenty more once you are done with that. I've done my research. Now go do yours. We have actually entered a period of global cooling. (And no, i'm not referring to winter.)

ah we're going to global cooling now. better than last year's global warming isnt man-made spin i suppose
o/\o

Jaguar

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 02:15:44 pm »
The earth... ALL of the planets go through natural cycles of cooling and warming, none of which is man-made. Just don't fall for all the corporate/tax scams that mobster Al and his clan try to impose on us. 'They' are the ones doing all the spinning. Or, I should say, lying; all for the purpose of raking in billions and trillions of dollars/pounds/etc., at everyone's expense with doing nothing to actually help the environment. Yes, do whatever you can to help and preserve Mother Nature but don't fall for their scams.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 02:21:11 pm »

climategate?  as in the stolen e-mails?  if you think those disprove global warming, you've really fallen for the anti-hype. 

global cooling is a myth.  have a look here for references to the contrary, including a repudiation by the supposed "father of global cooling", Dr. Mojib Latif, whose work has been mis-quoted by mainstream media.  also some interesting links on interpreting what those stolen e-mails really mean.

The earth... ALL of the planets go through natural cycles of cooling and warming, none of which is man-made. Just don't fall for all the corporate/tax scams that mobster Al and his clan try to impose on us. 'They' are the ones doing all the spinning. Or, I should say, lying; all for the purpose of raking in billions and trillions of dollars/pounds/etc., at everyone's expense with doing nothing to actually help the environment. Yes, do whatever you can to help and preserve Mother Nature but don't fall for their scams.

jag, you pride yourself on your independent thinking.  you aren't told what is the what, you figure things out on your own.  maybe that is your issue with global warming - you didn't discover it, it's a huge problem with huge implications, so it must be a conspiracy?

anyhoo, back to the storm - when is it supposed to hit?  friday, or saturday?
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 02:33:01 pm »
Oh, geez. There are tons and tons of scientists who have proven that the whole Al Gore and Copenhagen Summit is one big rip-off scam. Most of the scientists noted on Gore's documentary have stated that they totally disagree with his theory and had even written to him telling him that they did not agree and that they wanted their names removed. He totally ignored them and used their names anyway.

If global warming was man-made, than why is that the other planets have warmed to the same amounts as earth? It's very natural cycle.

I beg to differ on your thinking as I fully believe that it is YOU who has fallen for a crock of conspiracy shit. Well intentioned, but, none the less, a dangerous crock of shit.

I'm bored and don't feel like re-researching but there's plenty of proof out there.... and I don't mean emails that do prove nefarious intent.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 02:52:00 pm »
define "tons and tons"
o/\o

Jaguar

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 03:07:35 pm »
define "tons and tons"

You know, there's a nifty little invention called 'Google'. If you don't believe something because it's on 'the internet', there are libraries full of books. There's also plenty of these scientists giving interviews and lectures worldwide. Go check some of them out.

With that said, check out both sides of the debate and take it from there.

I've done my homework and I'm not in the mood to do it for someone else. That's your job. You will only come away much more informed.

But do be aware that there are plenty of entities out there trying to profit off of your (not you personsonally, but in a genral public sense) fears of 'man-made global warming' and one's lack of knowledge of any real truths.

Again, preserve and protect the planet but know the difference between your good intentions and some corporate scam meant to rob you of your hard earned money while doing nothing to protect the planet.

While you are researching, make sure you take into consideration the science of the science.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:14:48 pm by Jaguar »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 03:22:22 pm »
there are plenty of people looking to profit over denying global warming exists too. i just wondering which researchers you were focusing on, how much of a consensus you see in the scientific community. i dont think its asking too much for some insight if your going to be condescending about your certainty
o/\o

Jaguar

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 03:29:47 pm »
there are plenty of people looking to profit over denying global warming exists too. i just wondering which researchers you were focusing on, how much of a consensus you see in the scientific community. i dont think its asking too much for some insight if your going to be condescending about your certainty

You know, I use to fall for doing other people's research just because they asked or put me on the spot. Then one day I realized that I was doing that person a disservice. I did, however, post a good site that helped to make sure you were getting your info based on science instead of propaganda. Go read it.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:36:41 pm by Jaguar »

James Ford

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 03:31:43 pm »
That's great.  We actually scheduled to move the weekend of the last storm, and had to push it back to the day after Christmas, which was a bitch.

And now, we're pretty much in red alert waiting for my wife to go into labor...just in time for more snow.

Fucking hell.

Home birth is the way to go, baby.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 03:44:01 pm »

You know, I use to fall for doing other people's research just because they asked or put me on the spot. Then one day I realized that I was doing that person a disservice. I did, however, post a good site that helped to make sure you were getting your info based on science instead of propaganda. Go read it.

Afterwards, you can jump over to this but doing your own research is still the better way to go.
i have done plenty of research over the years. most of it points towards man made climate change being an accepted conclusion in the scientific community (like...the link you just posted). i dont think the science is perfect either (though holding it to an impossible burden of proof like the first link suggests is backing into a conclusion in my opinion). you just sounded so certain that i figured you had something earth shattering that i had not come across in my previous research. i guess you dont, so sorry
o/\o

Jaguar

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 03:47:39 pm »
I don't know what you know or don't. I just know that the average person knows very little about the subject other than what the progaganda machines, who have a corporate agenda, want them to know; or rather, 'think'.