Author Topic: Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved  (Read 10075 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:15:31 pm »
Lemme guess, the first words out of their mouths when getting the cuffs slammed on them were "BUT OFFICER, WE WERE JUST HAVING FUN!" Finally, people are being held accountable for their disrespectful and inappropriate behavior. Nothing like having a felony charge dropped on you to ruin your day. I would vote for Fenty if he cracked down on the snowballers.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/mary-pat-flaherty/woman-charged-with-assaulting.html

Woman charged with assaulting D.C. officer in snowball fight

A 21-year-old woman has been charged with assault on a police officer after a District officer was hit in the face with an "ice ball" during a large snowball fight early Wednesday morning near the Wonderland Ballroom at 11th and Kenyon streets NW, according to police spokesman Sgt. Nicholas Breul.

Breul said he was still gathering information and did not have the woman's name available.

Breul said Third District officers has been called to "a disorderly snowball fight" at approximately 2 a.m.

The arrest is the latest in snowball fight police news.

Two 21-year-old James Madison University students were charged Saturday with a felony for throwing missiles at an occupied vehicle after they allegedly threw snowballs at a city plow and an unmarked police car.

And D.C. Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier has said that the internal investigation into the detective who pulled his weapon during a December snowball fight at 14th and U streets NW was "complete" but she had not yet seen the results.

When some in the crowd threw a snowball at Det. Michael Baylor's car, he confronted them with a drawn weapon, prompting other police to respond to reports of a man with a gun. The incident was captured on video and reverberated widely on the Web, prompting Lanier and other officials to speak out condemning Baylor's actions.

Baylor was put on desk duty after the incident, pending the investigation.

-- Mary Pat Flaherty

azaghal1981

Re: Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:18:27 pm »
God, you're such a bitch.

Sounds like somebody's got a good sized snowball wedged in their cold vagina.
احمد

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:07:48 pm »
If I still had my DC Bar license, I would represent each one of them, FREE OF CHARGE.

The only thing I hate worse than cops, is cops with no sense of humor.
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 06:25:01 pm »
Here's a case where the old codgers have a tiny bit of weight on their side because it supposedly was an ice ball. As much as I'm completely on the snowball revellers side, I'm also completely for having completey fair, clean and safe battles.

We only have this one article so don't know the full story but this is extreme. Most of all, a FELONY!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?!?!? This being considered a 'felony offense' in a city that ignores smash and grabs. Get a flipping grip! Even if it turns out that there's more to the story, such as rocks inside, etc., to make this a felony, seems a bit exteme; especially when you consider that the cop car was 'undercover' (UNMARKED).

Now for snowball participants who play dirty, go get 'um! But get 'um with things like, uh, snowballs, scoldings, loitering sorts of tactics, or, at most, a minor fine.

To the snowballers: Please don't be the few bad apples who ruin it for the majority of good spirited folk. Play fair and use a little common sense. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:28:10 pm by Jaguar »

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 06:28:37 pm »
Regardless of whether or not it was a snowball or iceball, anybody who rejoices over kids getting popped with a felony over something like this mustn't have a shred of humanity.
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
God, you're such a bitch.

Sounds like somebody's got a good sized snowball wedged in their cold vagina.

I could never say it any better than this.

Cali

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 06:53:43 pm »
a felony, really? you cant really think that's justice?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 07:15:03 pm »
Alla  felony means is that the possible sentence include 1 year or more incarceration.  Having said that, the age of the individuals involved is 100% irrelevant.  How much fun they were having is 100% irrelevant.  There is no difference in throwing an ice ball at a vehicle and throwing a brick.  Should we allow 'kids' a free pass when they throw a brick at a car as long as they say 'we were just having fun'?  If you want to have a snow ball fight with friends or whomever that is fine.  Otherwise either don't throw ice, snow, whatever or deal with the consequences.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 07:32:42 pm »
DID THE CRIME NOW DO THE TIME
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 07:36:07 pm »
i hope they get the chair. after a good waterboarding
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »
Alla  felony means is that the possible sentence include 1 year or more incarceration.  Having said that, the age of the individuals involved is 100% irrelevant.  How much fun they were having is 100% irrelevant.  There is no difference in throwing an ice ball at a vehicle and throwing a brick.  Should we allow 'kids' a free pass when they throw a brick at a car as long as they say 'we were just having fun'?  If you want to have a snow ball fight with friends or whomever that is fine.  Otherwise either don't throw ice, snow, whatever or deal with the consequences.

If you had a vagina, I'd say refer to azaghal1981's post.  But since you don't, repalce vagina with ass.
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:51:05 pm »
^ We now know which side of the hill that ol' man Rat Bastard resides on. (I love you Rat but I can't agree with you on this.)

My biggest problem with his statement is that 'snowball' is on that list.

"Okay, Snowball Sylvia. Meet your new cellmate, Crazy Mary. She's a real refined sort. She killed her entire family and served them up to the Ladies Guild."

andyrichter

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:22 pm »
I'm always up for a good snowball fight.  But know your limits.  Don't throw anything at cars or people who are not involved.  That's not breaking up a good time, it's ruining one by acting foolish.  The fact that they are being charged with felonies is pretty ridiculous though. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 09:06:33 pm »
^Well said.
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:16 pm »
The reason it's a felony is because they actually THREW A SNOWBALL AT A COP.    That's assaulting a police officer.  How fucking stupid do you have to be to do that?

_\|/_