Author Topic: Oldies gone at noon!  (Read 11859 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Oldies gone at noon!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 11:45:00 am »
I grant you a show like Little Steven's is for the music geeks, however there is no reason why a couple of show like that couldn't be scheduled in the evening hours, along with the type of show edbert mentions... it's possible that someone tuning into the evening might like what they hear and stick with it...  but play the hits during the daytime hours from a larger selection.  do the theme programming on the weekends.  viola oldies done right   :D
T.Rex

Guiny

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
 And yet you have the nerve to knock every and any band that someone else here likes!    :roll:  

GGW, please file this away somewhere for future reminders. [/QB]
Everyone on here knocks every and any band someone else likes.  I could care less if GGW files it or not, your still gonna laugh at my music and I'm still gonna make fun of your music.  That's what makes the world go round.

Bags

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
   I mean...the traditional "oldies" audience is quite literally dying off.  This was a fairly logical step to bring in the next generation of the oldies market without completely throwing out the concept for a new genre.
Listenting to WOXY "Vintage" really brings home that we are on our way to being the oldies market, albeit 'alternative oldies.'  A friend pointed out how funny it was to listen to a station dubbed "vintage" playing Mission of Burma, The Replacements, English Beat, Roxy Music, etc.

bellenseb

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
Anyone listening to the "new" Big 100.3? Have they played anything remotely tolerable?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 12:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Listenting to WOXY "Vintage" really brings home that we are on our way to being the oldies market, albeit 'alternative oldies.'  A friend pointed out how funny it was to listen to a station dubbed "vintage" playing Mission of Burma, The Replacements, English Beat, Roxy Music, etc.
Yeah - My first reaction is "That's not old!"...Then I do the math and realize all of the above are over 20 years old.  Yikes.

SurFloria

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 12:55:00 am »
Oh crap, I wonder if they're gonna bounce Scooter MacGruder (Sundays 10pm-2am). He had a soul oldies show with all off-the-playlist selections; the best radio show in DC. If they knew what they were doing they woulda put him on every day all day  
OH I agree.. Scooter MacGruder was Ace...Clear WAter chucked all the DJ's too... imported a General Manager from Florida... and someone else from NYC... but the whole crew got canned.  Someone mentioned that a whole library of classics was going to disappear.  Also, that companies were paying a high premium for advertising just to keep them in town.. they knew they weren't reaching much of an audiance anymore.  But they didn't care.

But OLDIES has a place in this world.. it has a sense of well being unlike any other music... but I agree the format for BIG 100 had shrunk to nil... still DC needs to fill in the gap again.. with another OLDIES Channel...

It will be missed.  ANd so will Scooter.. What a gem of a show that was... It was Soul at it's best.