Author Topic: +/- anyone  (Read 3443 times)

redsock

+/- anyone
« on: March 11, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
Is anyone going tonite? I really wanted to, but I doubt I'll be able to. Which sucks...yet another band XM radio has turned me on to.

Venerable Bede

Re: +/- anyone
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 12:00:00 pm »
i'm contemplating it. . .but i'll more than likely stay at home and pack for me weekend in chicago.
OU812

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
I thought about going as well, but can't tonight, they had some pretty good moments last time they were here, but couldn't sustain it.  I imagine they could do better.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
Is it safe to say that +/- is a math rock band?

redsock

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Balls:
  Is it safe to say that +/- is a math rock band?
nope. www.plusmin.us

MaLo

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
a band named +/- reminds me of when my brother and i were much much younger than we are now, we formed a math club with the two girls that lived across the street from us. we gave each other nicknames associated with math...like Subtraction, Addition, Multiplicaition...we had a song we sang about math too

anyways, we'd get together and do math problems in each other's basements

this club lasted like a week before we realized that it was the dorkiest thing ever

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sta-puff Marsh-MaLo:
 Multiplicaition
good thing it was a MATH club  :p

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 12:50:00 pm »
Damn, I would have given anything to be in your club when i was a kid. Sure would have beat milking cows.

a band named +/- reminds me of when my brother and i were much much younger than we are now, we formed a math club with the two girls that lived across the street from us. we gave each other nicknames associated with math...like Subtraction, Addition, Multiplicaition...we had a song we sang about math too

this club lasted like a week before we realized that it was the dorkiest thing ever

Jaguär

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 12:50:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:
  I thought about going as well, but can't tonight, they had some pretty good moments last time they were here, but couldn't sustain it.  I imagine they could do better.
Pollard and I are in complete agreement about their appearance opening for The Wrens. They started out so good but lost it half way through.

3wk turned me on to them a couple years ago.

jkeisenh

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 03:06:00 pm »
i missed it, but hell, we'll all see them at Coachella, right?!?!  :p

markie

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 03:17:00 pm »
So did anyone go?

paige

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »

dorkiest but best thing ever.

when i was younger i had two goldfish, named Plus and Minus. my mom was cleaning out their bowl one day, something freakish happened.... the garbage disposal switch was flipped...

...needless to say, Plus and Minus were history.   :(

Bags

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 03:20:00 am »
Inevitably, I just heard a +/- song I really like, "Trapped Under Ice Flows" -- just days after the band has passed through town.   gggrrrr  :mad:

Driveway

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 09:49:00 pm »
+/- was great, seen them a bunch of times.  Check out Versus, they gave birth to plusminus.